I just loaded it up and didn't see one of these..please keep this on topic so it is useful for others that are thinking of downloading and using this OS..
    04-26-09 06:11 PM
    i cant tell if its on the phone or not...i followed all instructions???
    04-26-09 06:33 PM
    i just finished installing it to my phone and did 3 battery pulls... everything seems to be running good.. only been using it for about 20 mins now will post again when i know more on this!
    04-26-09 06:34 PM
    I would like to here how this is running as a pose to the stock .132. Those running it please divulge some info.
    04-26-09 06:53 PM
    Still says .132 p. 162
    04-26-09 06:53 PM
    Still says .132 p. 162
    EVERYONE, if you want to know if you are truly running the crackman V4 hook your storm to CrackUtil and look at the file listing on your phone. If it says 132 by every file, you are running the stock 132. If it says different OS builds by your files (109,113,132) you are running the crackman V4.
    04-26-09 07:04 PM
    EVERYONE, if you want to know if you are truly running the crackman V4 hook your storm to CrackUtil and look at the file listing on your phone. If it says 132 by every file, you are running the stock 132. If it says different OS builds by your files (109,113,132) you are running the crackman V4.
    Sweet. I just checked my application modules and saw the difference. Thanks.
    04-26-09 07:13 PM
    Thinking about loading this up. Would like to see some more findings though.
    04-26-09 08:30 PM
    i mean i cant really tell a difference lost 16.7mb in first hour so mem leak worse than what i was seing on .132
    04-26-09 08:36 PM
    Thinking about loading this up. Would like to see some more findings though.
    Just loaded it myself. Nothing but great things to say about BBC and his Hybrids, along with the BBOS Team.

V4 WooT WooT!!!

Seems even more responsive then .132 straight up, like the mixture, the browser is def. better (loads pages faster then .132, and handles data as it is transfered to the phone much better).

I will report back Battery findings as well as memory leak findings (if there are any to really report back on) as soon as I have it on my phone for more then 24 hours. I run MeterBerry so I will show my event log as well.

Did notice a heavy amount of the .cod files to build this V4 actually came straight from .132, and .131 (9500). I do see some .109 files in there as well. Can't tell you everything because my Java folder was shrunk before I installed. But so far so good, and im loving it like I knew I would.

Thanks again BBC, always looking out for the public and the BlackBerry community!!!!
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 04-26-09 at 08:41 PM.
    04-26-09 08:36 PM
    Thanks for the initial findings. Looking forward to hear more about battery life.

Just loaded it myself. Nothing but great things to say about BBC and his Hybrids, along with the BBOS Team.

V4 WooT WooT!!!

Seems even more responsive then .132 straight up, like the mixture, the browser is def. better (loads pages faster then .132, and handles data as it is transfered to the phone much better).

I will report back Battery findings as well as memory leak findings (if there are any to really report back on) as soon as I have it on my phone for more then 24 hours. I run MeterBerry so I will show my event log as well.

Did notice a heavy amount of the .cod files to build this V4 actually came straight from .132, and .131 (9500). I do see some .109 files in there as well. Can't tell you everything because my Java folder was shrunk before I installed. But so far so good, and im loving it like I knew I would.

Thanks again BBC, always looking out for the public and the BlackBerry community!!!!
    04-26-09 08:53 PM
    i find that my signal is low still. I get about 1X at home when i used to get like 4 bars of 1XEV.

Everything else seems fast. Battery so far from only having it since last night is good i guess. Wont be accurate until a few days though.

as of right now i give it a 9/10 because of the signal. Might be only isolated to me though.
    04-26-09 09:31 PM
    i find that my signal is low still. I get about 1X at home when i used to get like 4 bars of 1XEV.

Everything else seems fast. Battery so far from only having it since last night is good i guess. Wont be accurate until a few days though.

as of right now i give it a 9/10 because of the signal. Might be only isolated to me though.
    Did you update your roaming to the nearest towers? Dial *228 option 2. I've found doing this after loading a new OS improves signal strength.
    04-26-09 09:45 PM
    Did you update your roaming to the nearest towers? Dial *228 option 2. I've found doing this after loading a new OS improves signal strength.
    yeah i did a few times actually.
    04-26-09 09:56 PM
    I don't see any difference between these java files and the standard ones packaged with .132. Then again, I've never experienced a hybrid out-performing the release that it's based on. I guess I just do not understand the hype that all of these hybrids receive (though I keep loading them any way for some reason). I mean, seriously, can anyone give some statistical evidence that any hybrid works better than .132? With the release of every hybrid, all I read for results is "amazing," "faster than anything else," etc. At the rate that people make these hybrids out to be, the storm should be at a PC's processor rate. The truth is, I've only noticed marginal differences from .109 to .132, and every hybrid I've run is no better, if even equal to, the stock files.

And what is with everyone's findings containing boot up time? Who cares about the phone's boot time? I would wait 10 minutes if it meant that the OS ran smooth once it finally loaded.

I am contractually stuck with this phone. Why can't RIM just make some simple changes which would dramatically improve this phone's performance? Having a homescreen and an applications screen only slows the phone down. We're not even allowed to develop an icon theme which would do away with the need to run a zen theme. I do not understand this at all considering most newer BBs have an icon theme option. And what is the deal with not being able to manually control the accelerometer. I am so sick of the phone rotating by itself that I am trying to figure out a way to make an app with composer to at least keep the phone in portrait for the homescreen.

Honestly, though, anyone reporting that a hybrid is "amazing" either is acting under a placebo effect or they have no idea what they are talking about, because there is nothing noticeable about any of them. And people are actually paying for a VIP subscription on blackberryos just to receive the hybrids early? Why in the world would anyone do that?
    04-26-09 09:57 PM
    Hybrid runs well, but the camera seems slower than 132. Does anyone else find that to be the case?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-26-09 09:57 PM
    ? placebo effect I'm afraid. The camera .cod is from .132
    04-27-09 02:09 AM
    I've been running v4 for about a day now and here are my initial findings (this coming from straight .132)

1. Radio is fantastic. Straight .132 sucked for me I was always getting 1X now I get 1XEV with a full 5 bars.
    2. Battery, WOOOOOWWWWWW. I started the day with 75% and with pretty good usage am only down to 50%
    3. Accelerometer is great.
    4. Memory is fantastic. Started off at 48.1mb and am now settling in the low 46.8, which is much better than .132 was or v3.5
    5. Browser is very fast
    6. Camera is the fastest yet
    7. MMS is working properly
    8. Everything in general seems snappy
    04-27-09 02:14 AM
    Hybrid runs well, but the camera seems slower than 132. Does anyone else find that to be the case?

Camera seems improved to me.
    04-27-09 02:15 AM
    I don't see any difference between these java files and the standard ones packaged with .132. Then again, I've never experienced a hybrid out-performing the release that it's based on. I guess I just do not understand the hype that all of these hybrids receive (though I keep loading them any way for some reason). I mean, seriously, can anyone give some statistical evidence that any hybrid works better than .132? With the release of every hybrid, all I read for results is "amazing," "faster than anything else," etc. At the rate that people make these hybrids out to be, the storm should be at a PC's processor rate. The truth is, I've only noticed marginal differences from .109 to .132, and every hybrid I've run is no better, if even equal to, the stock files.

And what is with everyone's findings containing boot up time? Who cares about the phone's boot time? I would wait 10 minutes if it meant that the OS ran smooth once it finally loaded.

I am contractually stuck with this phone. Why can't RIM just make some simple changes which would dramatically improve this phone's performance? Having a homescreen and an applications screen only slows the phone down. We're not even allowed to develop an icon theme which would do away with the need to run a zen theme. I do not understand this at all considering most newer BBs have an icon theme option. And what is the deal with not being able to manually control the accelerometer. I am so sick of the phone rotating by itself that I am trying to figure out a way to make an app with composer to at least keep the phone in portrait for the homescreen.

Honestly, though, anyone reporting that a hybrid is "amazing" either is acting under a placebo effect or they have no idea what they are talking about, because there is nothing noticeable about any of them. And people are actually paying for a VIP subscription on blackberryos just to receive the hybrids early? Why in the world would anyone do that?
    This was a detailed post by liljp41 and nothing has been changed with his post. I would say this can be compared to alot of releases out there
    "ok .. ive had v4 on installed since it was released around 5:30.. and have gotten over my NOSE
    memory..
    on v3 started @ 37 ~b4 i learned to wipe~
    settled around 18
    on v3.5 started @ 44 ~after i learned to wipe~
    settled around 22
    on .132 started @ 46
    settled around 30
    on v4 started @ 47
    settled around 34!! never lower then 30 and even after 5 hrs it was back up to 38 at a point
    radio/signal
    i loved the .132 radio on verizon, and since this one is using that radio ~i assume~ theres not much else to say besides no complaints.. holds well.. nice quality...
    Battery
    for a while i thought it was plugged in all day.. lol but havent charged it since it left the usb cord ..
    Normal use
    apps load fast, are smooth durin use.. havent come across ne apps that have trouble runnin.. not many random loads... as stated earlier there is a lil weird thing with video camera but nothin too bad.. typing is the best yet.. cause i can type pretty fast and accurate and this OS kept up with me great.. no lag.. runs my theme straight lagless but so did .132 .. the browser is faster thou.. i was able to load heavy pages without taking a shower, walkin the dog and, finishin a 8 page paper first.. lol i think i started loadin a page and it was done b4 i finished pourin me a cup of juice lol.. and its great eatin nachos from my storm with new nacho app that comes with this OS.. perfect for watchin nba today.. lol
    Overall
    if u dont have this OS .. get it.. if u do and arent gettin the results .. then back up.. wipe and retry.. and if ur havin radio issues .. the n switch one out.. but i am havin a great time with this one.. enough better than .132 to make me happy i made the jump.. but i use my phone pretty heavy and for it to of held this well all day.. im happy n beyond satisfied.. now if only the next leak has a new feature to compliment bbcm next hybrid.. life would b golden.. but 10/10 out of wut is available right now ... but .132 behind this and 3.5 behind that..
    Thnx bbcm for sharin ur hard work with us.."
    04-27-09 02:22 AM
    Placebo effect in full swing

04-27-09 02:23 AM

This coming from 1st hand experience with it?
    04-27-09 02:26 AM
    Can we please keep this just to a findings thread, not whether or not a Hybrid being better is a placebo effect..please go start another thread to discuss that..

Thanks for the few that listed their findings..
    04-27-09 06:11 AM

Interesting. I always found "result" threads to be less then helpful. Especially with one post saying that the camera now sucks and another post saying the camera is fast. The person who is trying to decide is just as undecided as they were before they started reading.
    04-27-09 08:19 AM

How is this placebo? When RIM cooks a new OS its like taking 2 steps foward and one step back. Knowing that fixing a bug may cause new ones, you can, in theory take the best parts from all the leaked OS and leave out the bad, giving you the best from everything. That is what these hybrids are all about, and when you have someone like bbcrackman(amongst others), who has done a few of these, with help from others, they get a good feel about which files are good and which ones are bad. Are these perfect? Absolutely not, however they could very well be an improvement over the latest leak, and the only way to find out is to try it. May work well for some and not for others, but to say it is a placebo is just wrong.

04-27-09 08:36 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD