I dropped my phone in the toilet last night, fell out of my front pocket, and after leaving the battery out to dry overnight, I was happy to say it worked when I turned it on. Right as it turned on it began to receive messages, however after about 15 seconds it stopped getting service. I tried changing to roaming, still no luck. Sprint is my carrier, any help on what to do?
    04-26-09 11:57 AM
    Go to the "Manage Connections" icon and make sure everything is turned on...
    04-26-09 11:59 AM
    Dropped it in the toilet...what a crappy deal...lmao.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by grandpa dan; 04-26-09 at 08:24 PM.
    04-26-09 12:13 PM
    Service books still present? You may need to re acquire them from sprint.

04-26-09 12:52 PM
    Hope you got insurance...The radio might be fried. You should have let it dry out at least a couple of days, and preferably in a bowl or bag of uncooked rice to draw out the moisture. I'd take it to a sprint repair center and see if anything can be done, otherwise pay the deductable and get a replacement.
    04-26-09 03:58 PM
    Hope you got insurance...The radio might be fried. You should have let it dry out at least a couple of days, and preferably in a bowl or bag of uncooked rice to draw out the moisture. I'd take it to a sprint repair center and see if anything can be done, otherwise pay the deductable and get a replacement.
    If you didn't damage it more by turning it on, the rice DOES work. I put my husbands water logged one in there & it works now.
    04-26-09 07:26 PM
    I'm gonna have to second (third?) the rice idea. Worked for me with a dumbphone.
    04-26-09 07:38 PM
    If you do use your insurance, I am not sure if they will cover it if you tell them you dropped in the toilet... may not want to tell them...but, I have heard that they can tell if a phone has hit the water. '

good luck. Hopefully the rice thing will take care of it.
    04-26-09 09:42 PM
    The only way for them to know if a phone got soaked is to check the battery red stripe. That blurrs when exposed to water. If its blurry get another batt from amazon (about $4) then take it in after the rice trick.

04-26-09 11:48 PM
    The only way for them to know if a phone got soaked is to check the battery red stripe. That blurrs when exposed to water. If its blurry get another batt from amazon (about $4) then take it in after the rice trick.

It won't work, there is a moisture indicator inside the phone as well.

I also recommend the uncooked rice for a few days. The worst thing the OP could do was turn the BB on without asking for advice here first.

04-26-09 11:59 PM
    What difference does it make if it got wet or not as far as insurance is concerned? I carry the optional ins. And it makes no difference how the phone got ruined if its broke its broke I pay the $100 and get a new phone.

04-27-09 12:25 AM
    That is true, I was just commenting on the previous poster's suggestion of replacing the battery and taking the phone in for a warranty claim.

04-27-09 12:29 AM
    What difference does it make if it got wet or not as far as insurance is concerned? I carry the optional ins. And it makes no difference how the phone got ruined if its broke its broke I pay the $100 and get a new phone.
    Actually it depends on the carrier and who handles their insurance. Some policies do not cover water damage.
    04-27-09 01:02 AM
    Well if that's true then run over it with the car and the water damage is a moot point. Turn it in to the insurance smashed...lmao.

04-27-09 02:14 AM
    Report it stolen, does ins. cover that? LOL
    04-27-09 08:21 AM
    i thank God i have not dropped my bb in water or anything else for that matter. i have dropped it on solid ground though.

On a better note when I was with sprint about 3 years ago I has a dumb flip phone. I dropped in straight into in cup of milk. Jerked that sucker out of the cup took the battery out and then blow dried it. After all that it still worked with only a few milk lines going across the screen.
    04-27-09 08:38 AM
    Report it stolen, does ins. cover that? LOL
    DO NOT DO THAT!
    Why do people think it is okay to scam their phone company?
    04-27-09 08:39 AM
    DO NOT DO THAT!
    Why do people think it is okay to scam their phone company?
    I've usually seen that question worded "Why do phone companies think it's OK to scam their customers?" Not to say committing what amounts to insurance fraud is any better, but the phone companies deserve no sympathy.
    04-27-09 08:53 AM
    I've usually seen that question worded "Why do phone companies think it's OK to scam their customers?" Not to say committing what amounts to insurance fraud is any better, but the phone companies deserve no sympathy.
    Well I guess you are right, but I also think it just isn't in my nature to do something like that! Karma is a B-word.
    04-27-09 09:04 AM
    Scam the phone co.? So if you have the optional ins.and the phone somehow gets wet and breaks you should just pony up the $400 for a new one? As opposed to turn it into your ins. After say hitting it with a hammer? Welcome back to reality. No one I mean NO ONE would just cough up the cash wpuld they?

04-27-09 11:38 AM
    If you pay for it, use it..
    04-27-09 01:34 PM

Sprint's 7$ TEP insurance doesn't cover Water damage.

EDIT: Getting a new battery would not help because of the water damage indicator on the phone as stated. Take it to a service and repair center see if they can assist, if not you will need to pay for a new device.
    Last edited by BlueberryX; 04-27-09 at 01:41 PM.
    04-27-09 01:38 PM
    should have just flushed and count as lost.
    04-27-09 03:04 PM
    Funny I saw this thread because just a couple nights ago I was using my phone as a light to not wake my wife by turning on the bathroom light. (Was looking for my brush which is usually over the toilet)

Of course, *bloop* - in the shock I think it was probably completely submerged 10 seconds. I immediately took it out, pulled the battery and shook it feverishly for about 30 seconds over a towel.

I then placed it in my entertainment center next to my DVR fan and let the heat blow on it all night. Left it 24 hours and popped the battery back in, all is working. Trackball seems to be a little flakey when clicking but otherwise fully functional including charging/gps, etc.

Just bad luck but definitely recommend letting it fully dry. I was scared mine was screwd because it was still on and working when I took it out of the toilet... Anyway... Good luck with the replacement.

04-27-09 06:13 PM
    Does anyone know if AT&T's insurance will cover a Baptism?
    04-27-09 07:16 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD