Hey Everybody,
    I've run into a weird glitch that started happening with .122 and continues with .132. When I click the BlackBerry button (the one with the little dots), instead of getting a menu I'll automatically get the "switch to a different application" bar in the middle of the screen (with the icons of other apps running in the background). If I hit the back button and then the BlackBerry button again it will eventually pull up the menu, but it takes a couple tries. This happens regardless of whether or not I am using an application.

Am I doing something wrong (maybe there's a setting off?) or are other people experiencing this with this OS.

Thanks
    04-24-09 07:58 PM
    I had the same issue at first, but after a battery pull, it seems to have cleared up. Mines working fine now.
    04-24-09 08:02 PM
    I wish I could say the same... I have quick pull set to restart every morning and it hasn't fixed the problem
    04-24-09 08:04 PM
    try pulling the battery out for a minute.
    04-24-09 08:07 PM
    Yea man this happened to me too. It went away after a pull.
    04-24-09 08:10 PM
    Doesnt this have to do with how long you press it for?

If I just tap it I get the menu, if I do a good press I get the apps
    04-24-09 08:11 PM
    Sweet, thanks for the advice guys. I physically pulled the battery out and clicked around a bit and the problem seems to be solved. Thanks so much!
    04-24-09 08:12 PM
    I have the same problem but mine is not OS related. It seems that if I hold the blackberry button down for more than an instant, that happens. If I click
    it quickly, I get the normal menu.
    04-24-09 08:16 PM
    I have the same problem but mine is not OS related. It seems that if I hold the blackberry button down for more than an instant, that happens. If I click
    it quickly, I get the normal menu.
    This is how thing are supposed to be. It isn't a bug, it is intentional. It is so you can see all of the background apps you have running and easily swap amongst them all quickly.

I use this often. Just hit the button quickly and the menu will pop up. Press and hold, then the app swap menu will show up.
    04-24-09 08:56 PM
    Change your screen/keyboard options tap rate interval to medium slow. This question has been posted numerous times.
    04-24-09 08:59 PM
    Change your screen/keyboard options tap rate interval to medium slow. This question has been posted numerous times.
    And the w1nnar is.... Yes, you there... the one from Long Island... come on down!!!!
    04-24-09 11:15 PM
    And the w1nnar is.... Yes, you there... the one from Long Island... come on down!!!!
    Civic, maybe we need an "OS Troubleshooting FAQ" Sticky??
    04-25-09 12:23 AM
    We need a sticky about flogging people that ask the same questions that have been asked and answered thousands of times on this forum..Actually we need a sticky about using the SEARCH function before starting a new thread.
    04-25-09 07:22 AM
    Maybe a sticky IF YOUR A DOUCh PLZ RESPOND WITH UR SAA HOLE ANSWER>>>>>>!!!!!!
    04-25-09 08:46 AM
    We need a sticky about flogging people that ask the same questions that have been asked and answered thousands of times on this forum..Actually we need a sticky about using the SEARCH function before starting a new thread.
    I appreciate all the help on here, but man, people like you are the reason I don't post on these boards. I've been on here long enough to know how to use the search function, but I figured I'd ask if I could get a direct answer (like the people who answered before you). I see people like you all the time on here saying stupid sh*t like this, it's absolutely ridiculous.
    04-25-09 09:03 AM
    X2 people dont want to search.....lol...
    04-25-09 09:18 AM
    No, we need a "Learn How To Use The Search Function Tutorial"...
    04-25-09 09:19 AM
    I appreciate all the help on here, but man, people like you are the reason I don't post on these boards. I've been on here long enough to know how to use the search function, but I figured I'd ask if I could get a direct answer (like the people who answered before you). I see people like you all the time on here saying stupid sh*t like this, it's absolutely ridiculous.
    Well, if you knew how to use the search function, then why didnt you? Instead you made a thread for something that has been asked/answered before....
    04-25-09 09:20 AM
    FABulous idea!
    04-25-09 09:24 AM
    Don't even sweat it dude even though they get mad and yell around here they love those questions it makes them feel smart for knowing the answer. Plus in real life they're probably very similar to mice so they feel safe yelling at people in here.

Ask away that's what the forums are for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 09:24 AM
    I think its just that sometimes people (me) don't know what terms to use in the search. If you aren't familiar with the problem its hard to know what to search for. How many people knew what "BES" or "BIS" was before spending a great deal of time here for instance?
    04-25-09 09:28 AM
    Im with Benny386, some people make you feel so dumb for asking questions! Why cant they just asnswer you instead of giving you a smart azz remark, as if they didnt have questions when they first got their blackberrys! Rude.
    04-25-09 10:52 AM
    Benny and Megan,

It looks like your answer was given long ago in this thread. Instead of complaining, why don't you say whether or not the suggested fix worked????
    If it didn't, let us know. I know because I started the same thread a couple of times, got the same treatment ( I'm a big boy, I can take it.. )... But the fact that people have given you the answer, and you still ream them might give people pause the next time you ask for help.

BTW, if the initial fix didn't work, backup your phone, then Options>Security>General>BB Key>Wipe Handheld. This should do the trick. You can restore the phone later. If this works, one of your 3rd party apps is causing the problem.
    Last edited by widdlewade; 04-25-09 at 12:32 PM.
    04-25-09 11:08 AM
    You're the one who thought quickpull was the same thing ad a battery pull. Do your research n00b. That's all we're trying to say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 02:47 PM
    I have to disagree with you. It's one thing to post a question after you (in good faith) searched for the answer. It's one thing for you to be too lazy and post a question instead of searching.

Most people won't get on your nuts if you actually tried to search. It's another thing to be lazy.
    04-26-09 04:40 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD