Is it even possible to get rid of the shutter sound when i take a picture? It even happens on vibrate. And there isnt an option to turn it off.
    04-24-09 06:20 PM
    put it on silent...
    04-24-09 06:21 PM
    Dude, you really need to use the "search this forum" first. This question has been run into the ground...

Unfortunately nobody has figured out how to develop an app for silencing the shutter sound on CDMA (Verizon) phones.
    04-24-09 06:22 PM
    put it on silent...
    That doesn't work. And there have been several threads about this. I think it was stated that it can't be done, but I'm not positive. A lot of people don't like the idea because they think people will use it for inappropriate things, which is an absurd reason to not have it as an option, but whatever.

EDIT: Woops, this answered right before me.
    04-24-09 06:24 PM
    And NO, putting it on silent mode, or plugging in a headset does not work either.
    04-24-09 06:24 PM
    There is a program in the app store here on crackberry that
    says it mutes the camera sound.
    04-24-09 06:36 PM
    There's actually a bill floating around in Congress right now IIRC, that would make this sound MANDATORY and ILLEGAL to disable. The reasoning given is certainly pervert thwarting, but I can see some situations where it might be useful to silence it that have nothing to do with being a perv.
    04-24-09 06:40 PM
    I am far from a pervert but hate the sound I have small kids and if I want to catch th being cute I only have one shot cause the second they hear the shutter sound its time for posing and acting up for the camera its a pain in the ***!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 08:25 PM
    I am far from a pervert but hate the sound I have small kids and if I want to catch th being cute I only have one shot cause the second they hear the shutter sound its time for posing and acting up for the camera its a pain in the ***!

Well by the time the storm actually snaps the picture you've probably already missed the cute shot anyway!

04-24-09 08:42 PM
    NGL - when I sneak into a bathroom or something to take pics for the bf I'd definitely rather NOT have the shutter sound but oh well.

I'd rather deal w/ the sound even when it seems 'inconvenient' then deal w/ the sh-t ton of people that would abuse it.
    04-24-09 09:11 PM
    NGL - when I sneak into a bathroom or something to take pics for the bf I'd definitely rather NOT have the shutter sound but oh well.

I'd rather deal w/ the sound even when it seems 'inconvenient' then deal w/ the sh-t ton of people that would abuse it.
    Denise, and whoever the original op was....use the video camera, has no sound associated. Denise, I'm sure your BF will enjoy the videos even more, they have sound lmfao.
    04-24-09 09:25 PM
    What a totally fresh idea for a thread! lol
    04-24-09 09:26 PM
    What a totally fresh idea for a thread! lol

+1000

04-24-09 10:16 PM
    I cant believe no one has been able to get rid of this sound.. I guess it really is impossible if no one on CB can figure it out.
    05-17-09 11:30 AM
    There's actually a bill floating around in Congress right now IIRC, that would make this sound MANDATORY and ILLEGAL to disable. The reasoning given is certainly pervert thwarting, but I can see some situations where it might be useful to silence it that have nothing to do with being a perv.
    Do you have a link to that bill or are you just repeating what you heard? Just curious because if this bill that is rumored were true you wouldn't be able to turn the sound off on digital cameras. And there are some decent cameras that can fit into the palm of your hand and are way easier to conceal than your phone is.
    05-17-09 11:55 AM
    Do you have a link to that bill or are you just repeating what you heard? Just curious because if this bill that is rumored were true you wouldn't be able to turn the sound off on digital cameras. And there are some decent cameras that can fit into the palm of your hand and are way easier to conceal than your phone is.
    Here's the link, and it doesn't look like Congress is doing a darn thing with it. It was introduced by a Republican in NY, but there have been no actions taken on it.

Library of Congress
    05-17-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD