I know there are threads out there about Facebook 1.5 but I wanted to focus on the problems with Facebook 1.5 and Google Sync. Since that’s what seems to be causing a lot of the issues that I’m seeing.
    I am running Google Sync on my Storm to sync my Outlook calendar with my Google calendar.
    I installed Facebook 1.5.0.31 yesterday when it came out and noticed that I now had a second calendar called Facebook, so now I had a second calendar that was basically a duplicate of my BB calendar. Crap!

I had read about how the .31 version of FB defaulted to connect your FB account with your BB calendar application. So... I unchecked this, tried everything I could to get rid of the Facebook calendar, and although I deleted it from the Service Books screen, it was still there. I finally deleted FB and deleted my calendar information using Desktop Manager. Re-synced with Outlook and I'm back to normal, minus the FB app of course.

So... I had heard that FB .32 would be out this morning and it would not default to connect my FB with my BB calendar, (too late to say long story short), but, I installed FB .32 and although the default option in the new FB .32 is NOT set to connect the calendar, it does anyway. So now I have the same problem happening, two identical calendars. WTF? I assure you that the checkbox for connecting my FB account with my BB calendar is/was not checked when I installed FB 1.5.0.32!

I am thinking this is related to the fact that I'm running Google Sync as well. So now I'm going to start all over, minus Google Sync, and see what happens.
    Last edited by D_Dog; 04-24-09 at 04:06 PM.
    04-24-09 04:00 PM
    Let me know what you find out, same problem. Horribly unimpressed with this facebook application.

My wife and I both have curves. We both now use Google Calendar and Google Sync, and shared the calendars and all we have (had) to do was enter our own work schedules and entries into our BlackBerry Calendar and they were automatically updated to each other's calendar.

I have been through just about the same as you, and now I'm getting triple entries in my calendar.

And exactly where is the calendar app? Is it on the webpage or the mobile page, because I can't find it.

And I think all the work I did in Google Sync is lost...
    04-24-09 06:58 PM
    Uhm...

Delete Facebook 1.5.0.31 first

Pop your device into your PC and open Desktop Manager.

Click 'Backup/Restore'

Click 'Advanced'

Find 'Calendars - All' and select it (From the list of the right).

Hit the 'Clear' button. This will delete all your calendar entries from your phone.

Unplug your phone.

Go to 'Options' on your phone. Go to 'Advanced Options'. Go to 'Service Books'. Find 'Facebook (CICAL)'. Hit the menu key when 'Facebook (CICAL)' is highlighted and delete it.

Open 'Google Sync'. Go to the 'Options' and click the menu button and choose 'Reset Calendar Sync'. Then sync your phone again. All your calendar entries will come back (They will be stored on Google Calendar) and they will be put in your normal calendar.

Then go and install the newer version of facebook which fixes all of those 1.5.0.32.
    04-24-09 07:46 PM
    I installed .32 over .31 last night, and I switched my default calendar back to my work email.

This morning, when I opened pocket informant, I noticed all my calendar entries were gone, but when I went to the bb calendar app, all my entries were there. Apparently, all of my calendar entries transferred to the Facebook calendar and removed from my work calendar(!), and because it was no longer set as my default calendar, pocket informant wasn't picking up the info.

After some fiddling, I fixed it this way:

1. I switched by default calendar back to Facebook
    2. Reset my calendar through Google Sync (deletes all entries in Facebook Calendar)
    3. Switched my calendar back to my work calendar
    4. Reset my calendar through Google Sync (deletes all entries in work calendar)
    5. Did a manual sync (repopulates work calendar)

Luckily, I use Google Calendar as my primary calendar, so everything worked nicely. ymmv if you're not using Google Calendar as your primary.

Hope that helps.
    04-24-09 08:50 PM
    Uhm...

Click 'Backup/Restore'

Click 'Advanced'

Hit the 'Clear' button. This will delete all your calendar entries from your phone.

Unplug your phone.

Go to 'Options' on your phone. Go to 'Advanced Options'. Go to 'Service Books'. Find 'Facebook (CICAL)'. Hit the menu key when 'Facebook (CICAL)' is highlighted and delete it.

Open 'Google Sync'. Go to the 'Options' and click the menu button and choose 'Reset Calendar Sync'. Then sync your phone again. All your calendar entries will come back (They will be stored on Google Calendar) and they will be put in your normal calendar.

Then go and install the newer version of facebook which fixes all of those 1.5.0.32.
    Errrr, yeah. I've seen the instructions,and generally, I will do that to make something work, but seriously...doesn't that sound like a lot of extra work to make an app work that should have had some obvious beta-testing completed first?

It would seem relatively elementary if using any sync program, that you ought to allow the option selection BEFORE changing a setting and replacing a default calendar.

For me...I'll just delete it and use the mobile site for now. That is a horrible program upgrade. Too much time and effort to make that work.

Crappy job Facebook/BlackBerry.
    04-26-09 12:23 AM
    Uhm...

Click 'Backup/Restore'

Click 'Advanced'

Unplug your phone.

For the most part, I have done this now. It seemed to solve the problem of having two calendars. However, now the curious thing is that all my Outlook calendar entries that were re-occurring appointments, I now have double on my BB. All single appt. are fine, just re-occurring ones got duplicated. Crazy!
    04-27-09 11:52 PM
    it is pathetic that blackberry allows it . get it right i just downloaded facebook 1.7.0.22 it took my work calendar option away from sync was syncing thru facebook but duplicating everything. it sucks now im reinstalling sync to get my calendar back. will never upgrade facebook again
    12-01-09 06:28 PM
    6 month old thread
    12-01-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD