I've had my blackberry 8330 for about a year now. It seems that I have developed an actual addiction to it over this year particularly worsening in the past few months. I can't sleep or watch tv or anything I would normally do without doing something on it as well.. I download apps from appworld and visit crackberry.com and themes4bb.com almost once every hour. It seems I am in constant struggle to find wallpapers, themes, and anything else I can get my hands on for it. I change my theme about 4 times a day never feeling completely satisfied with the option I choose. Then at night I stay awake for hours deleting stuff I have decided I don't like and maximizing my memory. I think I seriously have a problem, and I was wondering how many other people do as well? If so, how do you control your problem because mine is getting way out of hand.
    04-24-09 03:18 PM
    I too have the same problem lol... my only way of solving it is shooting up a line of crack or two lol.... hahah
    04-24-09 03:20 PM
    There's always Rehab but hey who wants that right? Just enjoy the addiction that is crackberry!
    04-24-09 03:29 PM
    I try turning mine off every once in a while but can't stand it after about 10 min or so
    04-24-09 03:41 PM
    Friends, parties and girls keep me away from my BB. I am always on it otherwise, but when I'm preoccupied with one of the above, I am not even looking at my Berry...Unless it vibrates.
    04-24-09 03:55 PM
    Actually I think I've found the right balance with mine. I mean when I think of something I should do (send an email, send an sms, call someone), I do it. But other than that I don't incorporate it as a necessity to every aspect of my life.. I mean it is a tool to help me organize my life and connect with others - but I've sort of realized it is still a tool, and to let it overwhelm my life is not healthy (for me, imo)
    04-24-09 04:43 PM
    I don't have a problem with my BB. I can put it down anytime I want....

...really...

...just try to pry it from my cold dead hands!!!
    04-24-09 05:03 PM
    I say it's ok to a point, (to the op)...it adds an interesting twist to everyday life for how it can "get you places" and put organization in your hands in a small package. No doubt it's fun to tweak the settings and wp and all but if the addiction's taking over then maybe you need to put it down for a couple hours a day and occupy your time away from it. Could be easier said then done and only you'll know that.

I leave it in a room by itself and go out for an hour or two and focus on other important things during that time. Coming back to it it seems like I appreciate it that much more.
    04-24-09 05:09 PM
    i have the same problem. I currently own my first blackberry (the storm) and have had it for about a week and i literally keep finding new things to do with it (including doorstop! KIDDING) but seriously, i can see an addiction starting to form. to they have a bb anomynous meeting?? lol
    04-27-09 02:25 AM
    I don't understand the addiction. I couldn't care less about themes, apps etc. I feel the calling to always be pecking away at the keyboard. Its almost as if I don't think I'm doing anything unless my thumbs are pecking away at the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 02:36 AM
    Moved to Crackberry Rehab as that seems a more appropriate for it.
    04-27-09 02:59 AM
    I think I'm down to a fairly good balance, my only problem is that I now feel like no information is out of my grasp, and have to stop myself from googling absolutely everything i, or anyone else doesnt have an answer for, I run a pub too so these sort of arguments tend to crop up alot.
    04-27-09 03:25 AM
    I think I'm down to a fairly good balance, my only problem is that I now feel like no information is out of my grasp, and have to stop myself from googling absolutely everything i, or anyone else doesnt have an answer for, I run a pub too so these sort of arguments tend to crop up alot.
    I know exactly how you feel.. My brain has to investigate every possible lead that might bring me more apps, games, wallpapers, or themes for my blackberry.. Its the only way I can be truly happy in life.
    04-28-09 11:16 AM
    count me in ive only had my bb for about 5 months now, and im HOOKED!
    04-28-09 11:34 AM
    OMG!! First of all how did you get coloured text? Is it possible to do on my curve? Second of all Emilybreanna.. I can finally validate the craziness in my life! I too am ADDICTED to anything I find to update, change, add or look at with Shaft (yes that's right I named my curve, why Shaft? Because he's big black and beautiful -get me some help!)
    I'm now loving today themes. I love that bb surprises me with things I didn't know and I find new things to play with. My latest being a calorie counter and searcher - free from Blackberry apps downloads.
    I'd like to say I can put bb down and walk away but he's never far from my mind.
    Could you imagine if you could request for applications for people to make for bb. Like if you could put a list of your favourite meals and it would work out what you are going eat for a week. Or if you could have an application which would send you a lovely message every morning when your bb auto turns on. Something to lighten your day, like a fortune cookie/ good wish proverb. Oooh or an add on so you could have patterned header/ boarder on emails- please tell me if this is already possible!!
    I leave it to you guys to think of more!
    Fin x

04-28-09 12:42 PM
    I like the way this thread has evolved so far...it seems less like an "I'm addicted" thread and more like an "I'm enjoying rehab AND my BB thread"... lolol

04-28-09 01:03 PM
    We're not enjoying rehab.. ha ha i'm not even attending! I love my bb and will never ever ever give it up!
    04-29-09 12:56 AM
    OMG!! First of all how did you get coloured text? Is it possible to do on my curve? Second of all Emilybreanna.. I can finally validate the craziness in my life! I too am ADDICTED to anything I find to update, change, add or look at with Shaft (yes that's right I named my curve, why Shaft? Because he's big black and beautiful -get me some help!)
    I'm now loving today themes. I love that bb surprises me with things I didn't know and I find new things to play with. My latest being a calorie counter and searcher - free from Blackberry apps downloads.
    I'd like to say I can put bb down and walk away but he's never far from my mind.
    Could you imagine if you could request for applications for people to make for bb. Like if you could put a list of your favourite meals and it would work out what you are going eat for a week. Or if you could have an application which would send you a lovely message every morning when your bb auto turns on. Something to lighten your day, like a fortune cookie/ good wish proverb. Oooh or an add on so you could have patterned header/ boarder on emails- please tell me if this is already possible!!
    I leave it to you guys to think of more!
    Fin x

The color can only be used when you are visiting crackberry.com on your home pc instead of you bb, also I have no idea if that is possible/available for our disposal but it would be SOOOOOO great if it was..

p.s. i love your bb's name "shaft" ha ha thats great

p.s.s. to myself.. must think of clever name for my blackberry..... hmmm...
    04-29-09 01:01 AM
    Color can be used on your BB, too. Just type this without the spaces: [ COLOR=pink or whatever]then what you want to type[ /COLOR]
    Like this

04-29-09 01:31 AM
    Thats neat! I didn't know you could do that!! Thanks for feeding my addiction crackgirly!
    04-30-09 11:41 AM
    Glad to know that sooooo many others are just like meee.. Hmmmm yayy!

04-30-09 10:31 PM
    ...I'm not going to rehab, I said NO, NO, NO!

04-30-09 11:06 PM
    I do the EXACT same things you mentioned. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but he doesn't have a BB so how could he possibly understand??
    07-25-09 08:02 AM
    Hi, I can not go single moment without my berry. I don't know what to do. okay, yes i do....NEVER LET IT GO!!! I'm extremely addicted to this thing. It's everything I am. Who can actually live without it. Thanks for uniting us Emily.
    07-27-09 07:45 PM
    im still in school so i spend alot of time ignoring me teacher and playing on my bb
    07-30-09 02:05 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD