Does anyone know of a Navigation / Maps application for the Storm where the user can create routes on a PC and then load the route onto the device? I cannot find a way to load a route onto Google Maps or VZ Navigator. I would like to be able to create bicycle routes for long rides and then use my Storm to navigate the route. I think I found a mount for my bike that will hold the BB and I know I can use either Google Maps or VZ Navigator to get to a destination but I would like to use something to ride a route I create. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by adlerd; 04-24-09 at 02:44 PM.
    04-24-09 02:28 PM
    Someone was talking about TopoExplorer working (barely) for the Storm. I haven't tried it because from the reviews I've read it functionality is very limited without compatibility mode on but if it is like similar apps, you should be able to load a topo, trail, or satellite map into it and a path to follow.

I use OziExplorerCE on my hacked Mio C310x and it is great for just what you're talking about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 02:50 PM
    Telenav allows this. Once you create an account, you can go online and plan your route, then access it from your phone. Very handy! You can manage your Favorites online, too, and there are many more features that make Telenav attractive.

Telenav is a subscription service ($9.95/month) but they give you a generous 30-day trial period. It may be exactly what you're looking for.

(No, I do not work for them. )
    04-24-09 02:56 PM
    Are you certain you can't do this with VZNav. If you log onto the website (on your computer) there used to be the ability to build a route.
    04-24-09 03:36 PM
    www-telenav-comTelenav[/URL] allows this. Once you create an account, you can go online and plan your route, then access it from your phone. Very handy! You can manage your Favorites online, too, and there are many more features that make Telenav attractive.

Telenav is a subscription service ($9.95/month) but they give you a generous 30-day trial period. It may be exactly what you're looking for.

(No, I do not work for them. )
    I signed up for the Telenav trial but can't find a way to create a custom route on their webpage. I am only able to route from point A to B. Am I missing something?

Are you certain you can't do this with VZNav. If you log onto the website (on your computer) there used to be the ability to build a route.
    Same thing as with Telenav. There is no way to route other then from A to B.

Google Maps does this great from a PC. I like how you can drag your routes to modify them. I just want to be able to send this to my BB and navigate it.
    04-24-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD