I downloaded battery booster today. Something I'm confused about that hasn't been answered; the app says it runs it the background. Does that mean that when bringing up the app you can exit it with the back button (arrow) and it still runs? Or does it need to be exited with the end button (red) to keep it running?

I'm sorry this is probably a dumb question but I wanna make sure I'm using it correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 01:54 PM
    I dont think anyone knows what it actually does (or if it does). But yeah there's no icon available if you go to the app switcher and you don't have to do anything to use it.
    04-24-09 01:55 PM
    So there needs to be an icon up for it to be running even though it says it runs in the background?

04-24-09 02:03 PM
    Thats the problem, no one knows what it's doing or what it's supposed to be doing so it's hard to determine.
    04-24-09 02:06 PM
    Also considering that if you uninstall it, it doesn't even prompt you for a restart.... Kinda fishy (that and most of the things about the app are fishy to begin with).
    04-24-09 02:19 PM
    Well they have a guarantee on it, so if people don't like it they can get their money back.

04-24-09 02:31 PM
    Well they have a guarantee on it, so if people don't like it they can get their money back.

Yet no trial if I'm not mistaken.
    A couple of reasons why I think they offer a "guarantee":

-Placebo effect. Can you really tell if the battery life improved due to the app? Battery life in general is all over the place due to a number of factors. Say I had horrible battery life one day due to a signal issue, then I installed Battery Booster and my signal was better or I was using wifi and got several hours more battery life...
    -Most people don't try to get their money back when buying something.

And then there's the big reason:
    -How is it improving the battery life? What's it actually doing? Obviously there's no app that is "apparent" and running in the background to optimize anything.
    04-24-09 02:35 PM
    Forgot one other important issue:
    -The amount of battery improvement. Based on the app's own report, battery life only increases ~5% from what I've seen (if we assume the value is true). For the price + unknown other factors, that's very small. You're better off investing in autostandby, or another battery, etc, etc.
    04-24-09 02:38 PM
    I actually got this program today, along with the memory booster. The memory booster, which surprisingly got very mixed reviews, actually does a good job and I've already seen great improvement. However, with the battery booster I do see an icon which just shows how may bars you have left and at the bottom it gives you a percentage of how much battery life you have. I didn't see any battery improvement, if anything it actually decreased a lot faster than usual.

Anyways, I my browser history/cache, cleaned my memory, did a battery pull and now I've turned off my BB and I'm going to let it charge until it is full. I don't think it'll add more than an hour to the battery life but I'll report back with how it works.

But like the above poster said it's really hard to determine if it actually increases battery life, since it's based on a number of factors.
    04-24-09 03:34 PM
    I would have to go with papped on this one, it seems like this app is just going for the Placebo effect.

I was looking on the mobihand page and got a laugh out of some of the reviews, they must be shills for the creator of this app.

This one was my favourite:

Wow i have been using my phone all day and it is still at 99%. This is a must buy for anyone that uses their phone hardcore.
    04-24-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD