Alright so I sold my iPhone for the Storm, I absolutely loved it...for the first day! Basically, the whole click, tactile-esque thing is cool, but out of nowhere the whole screen does not respond. I can use the "soft" touch aspect, like highlight the 4 icons I have on my homescreen, but I cannot select anything. The end/send/return/berries buttons are also non responsive. The camera and other side buttons do not work aswell. It worked fine for the first day, day and a half maybe. Now I did get this phone unlocked, but that should not have anythign to do with the hardware. I am currently restoring my phone to .122 to see if that fixes anything. Hopefully it does. I am trying REALLY hard to like this phone. When it works it is awesome. But for the time being I'm considering taking a 400 dollar loss and going to something a little more stable? As I said this was my first blackberry device ever, but too bad for RIM they may lose a potential customer, due to this phones extensive flaws and poor manufacturing.

/end rant.
    04-24-09 10:27 AM
    Don't sour on RIMS products. They make some great devices. The Storm is their stepchild with severe behavioral problems.

You may want to go to a different model where you will have an entirely different experience. A great one. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 10:59 AM
    I recommend doing a Battery Pull and see if it resolves the problem.

There are so may bugs and issues with the Storm, and a Battery Pull fixes 90% of them.
    04-24-09 11:13 AM
    A battery pull?
    Lets recap what I have tried. I restored, twice, I downgraded to .122 from .132, and the upgraded again, I restored again, I took the back plate off and tightened / loosened the screws, restored again.

Is there something completely obvious that I am overlooking?
    04-24-09 11:17 AM
    Ice been running .75 since. Noigy mine without any major issues. Matme you should just downgrade to the original OS sbd let yourself get adjusted to the phone. It took me about a good month before I got etally fast at Texting and navigating around. I am now SIOR efficient and I could swear the phone has gotten better PCE time. Maybe that's what they mean when they call them "smart phones"

04-24-09 11:42 AM
    Woops. I
    Didn't use spell check before my post.
    Kind of made myself look foolish didn't I.

04-24-09 11:46 AM
    Don't sour on RIMS products. They make some great devices. The Storm is their stepchild with severe behavioral problems.

You may want to go to a different model where you will have an entirely different experience. A great one. Good luck

Thats like saying dont hate on GM for your 1 day old car blowing a motor.

OP I would say go back to the OS you were running the first day you got the phone. How soon after you upgraded did you lose your click capability?
    04-24-09 01:00 PM
    Thats like saying dont hate on GM for your 1 day old car blowing a motor.
    actually its like saying the Cobalt is the worst car they make don't judge the rest of their line-up based on 1 bad model.

04-24-09 01:20 PM
    actually its like saying the Cobalt is the worst car they make don't judge the rest of their line-up based on 1 bad model.

GM only makes one good line of cars
    04-24-09 01:56 PM
    A battery pull?
    Lets recap what I have tried. I restored, twice, I downgraded to .122 from .132, and the upgraded again, I restored again, I took the back plate off and tightened / loosened the screws, restored again.

Is there something completely obvious that I am overlooking?
    Did you physically pull the battery through any of this?
    04-24-09 02:00 PM
    GM only makes one good line of cars
    The Aveo?
    04-24-09 02:00 PM
    And that's why GM is almost bankrupt. One product can ruin a company. Perception is reality.
    04-24-09 06:10 PM
    And that's why GM is almost bankrupt. One product can ruin a company. Perception is reality.
    Exactly what I was saying.
    04-24-09 06:33 PM
    Just wanted to update, I sold my Storm for a 200 dollar loss and got another new iphone, the screen seems to be working on this one... Go figure.
    04-25-09 12:32 AM

I like my Cobalt.
    04-25-09 09:34 AM
    If the screen isn't responding to clicks or highlights then try original Os. If it still has issues back everything up and have Verizon swap your device out.

04-25-09 09:43 AM
    I like my Cobalt.
    Yeah, I drive a G5 GT, which is basically a Cobalt with a different grill and brake light assembly... Hm.

I guess I have no choice but to dislike the original poster. You don't like my car or my phone. I bet you would even hate my mailbox.
    04-25-09 01:53 PM
    It seems unfortunately that some people just get unlucky with their storms. Personally I had a problem with my first one... Just had to get it replaced eventually since nothing seemed to make it better.

04-25-09 03:35 PM
    Yeah, I drive a G5 GT, which is basically a Cobalt with a different grill and brake light assembly... Hm.

I guess I have no choice but to dislike the original poster. You don't like my car or my phone. I bet you would even hate my mailbox.
    Hey man I never said anything about your car, I don't think I even directly responded to you. Don't hate me!
    04-25-09 06:06 PM
    Sounds like a battery pull is in order. Do it manually or download meterberry or quickpull. Fixes my phone when it locks up.
    04-25-09 07:38 PM
    I also gave up my iphone for the storm and have had it for about 5 days now being very open minded about the storm but sorry i perfer the iphone. Im switching next week.
    04-25-09 07:51 PM
    I hate my Cobalt...waiting on the Camaro...and the BK to take place before I even consider it.
    04-25-09 09:07 PM
    Hey man I never said anything about your car, I don't think I even directly responded to you. Don't hate me!
    Nah, I ment "cereal_killer". If you don't like you phone, thats cool, its in the right section so... its whatever.
    04-26-09 01:22 AM
    I just got my first storm and I love it.
    04-27-09 09:21 PM
    I just got my first storm and I love it.
    Just give it time...
    04-28-09 03:03 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD