well I have been using google mobile for all of my searches and now there is a really cool feature where you can use your voice to do searches! how hot is that and i havent found any other new things about it yet accept it is supposed to search by location as well! the layout is prettier than the old and the icon has more of a button look! if you have been using it all this time then i guess you only have to do what i did and that was just go to use it and it asked if i wanted to update it or not and i chose yes! it was that easy for me and i would think that it would be that easy for you too! had to reboot after installation but it was worth turning off my theme for a minute! i am going to bed now but wanted you all to know about it if you used it often! i was also on my wifi so it didnt take long!

Features

Voice SearchNew! Speak your queries with no need to type.

Search with My Location.New! Search for business, weather, and movie information without specifying where you are.

Local search suggestions on a map. See nearby business suggestions on Google Maps -- just tap the "near me" suggestions.

Instant access to search. Start a Google search with just one click.

Google Suggest. Get relevant search suggestions as you type, saving you keystrokes.

URL suggestions. Get to popular web sites quickly by tapping site web address suggestions.

Contact search. Quickly find contacts in your address book.

Search history. Get instant access to your previous searches.

Easy access to other Google products. Launch other Google products like Maps, Gmail and News from the Apps tab.
    if you are online you can go here to send it:
    Google Mobile | Google Mobile App for your BlackBerry phone
    if you are on your phone you can go here to get it:
    m.google.com
    well I hope this is exciting for you as it is for me!
    04-23-09 09:49 PM
    I like googles new icons for blackberry but they still have not updated the gmail icon. It is still the small grainy icon from the big update a while back! Oh well
    04-23-09 09:55 PM
    yeah well can look forward to that getting an update soon too!
    04-23-09 10:09 PM
    not really a new feature, it's been like that for almost a month.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/goo...mmands-192098/

real slick program though, even though it's twice as big as the older app... voice commands are nice.
    04-23-09 11:08 PM
    Last night I downloaded and installed this application and tried doing a voice command search. What I searched for was "Chuckie Cheese" and the results showed "hot nude teen" in the search field. That kind of pissed me off as I was showing my wife. Just thought I'd mention that.

Update: Guess my pronunciation sucked the first time I tried it. Weird, I've always thought that I've spoke pretty clearly LOL.
    Last edited by mattm951; 04-24-09 at 03:27 PM.
    04-24-09 09:58 AM
    Last night I downloaded and installed this application and tried doing a voice command search. What I searched for was "Chuckie Cheese" and the results showed "hot nude teen" in the search field. That kind of pissed me off as I was showing my wife. Just thought I'd mention that. Anyone else have a weird issue like that?
    Nope - I just tried it and it came up Chuckie Cheese...I think you really have to enunciate your words carefully. Just an opinion.
    04-24-09 01:29 PM
    Last night I downloaded and installed this application and tried doing a voice command search. What I searched for was "Chuckie Cheese" and the results showed "hot nude teen" in the search field. That kind of pissed me off as I was showing my wife. Just thought I'd mention that.

Update: Guess my pronunciation sucked the first time I tried it. Weird, I've always thought that I've spoke pretty clearly LOL.
    I'm not crystal clear with my accent but I still get good results... but that's hilarious.
    04-24-09 05:21 PM
    Ha ha Ha Ha ... I noticed that the quicker I spoke The more off It gets but the first Words always come out clear for me!
    If this is not new then why after all this time it is just now prompting me for an update? well none the less, its a pretty cool feature!
    04-24-09 05:30 PM
    Just downloaded the new Google Mobile with voice and it works except that my location is not available it says on bottom. Any one with the 8350i have my location working in Google Search
    04-24-09 05:47 PM
    i would have to say gmaps!
    04-24-09 07:48 PM
    Just downloaded the new Google Mobile with voice and it works except that my location is not available it says on bottom. Any one with the 8350i have my location working in Google Search
    Nope. I downloaded it when first available about a month ago and the location never has worked for the 8350i. I've been pounding them for a fix ever since but to no avail. Maybe if some of you jump in there to complain it would make them pick up the phone and call the maps dept. They, after all, figured it out eventually. 8*)

Location not available? - Google Mobile Help
    04-24-09 08:06 PM
    I can get my location when I am not in my building! I live on the ground floor and the walls are really thick but if i step out by the door it finds me in seconds!
    04-24-09 08:11 PM
    Well now that makes me want to try it again. Could be they fixed it without any fanfare.... wouldn't be the first time. Anyone else getting the location with the newest version?
    04-24-09 08:16 PM
    I think its a cool download,works fine for me its nice to be able to speak instead of typing and impressive also.
    04-25-09 05:48 AM
    when using it does the my location on bottom work or say unavailable?
    04-25-09 05:52 AM
    when using it does the my location on bottom work or say unavailable?
    Mine says not available
    04-25-09 06:04 AM
    OK, mine says the same. Not sure why. It would even make search easier if it knows where you are. What I do is say something like "pizza Sayreville NJ" and it finds it ok. I have even said a phone number and it looks up the person
    04-25-09 06:10 AM
    Not having much luck with the new install.

I used the google launcher every day and never had a problem, now it not working. Has anyone had any problems?

I'm going to remove and reinstall....

Did the reinstall and now it's working fine.
    Last edited by johnnemac; 04-27-09 at 08:55 AM.
    04-27-09 08:48 AM
    LOL, first time I used it to look up AutoZone it came back with the result "t***"!
    04-27-09 02:35 PM
    location pops up when certain keywords are put in the search field! I typed "delivery" and before it gave me results it asked me to type in my zip code! pretty nifty but i guess we were looking for it to already know where we were, that might invade privacy!
    04-28-09 07:37 AM
    location pops up when certain keywords are put in the search field! I typed "delivery" and before it gave me results it asked me to type in my zip code! pretty nifty but i guess we were looking for it to already know where we were, that might invade privacy!
    Well, that's where setting your gps permissions would come in. I want it to do the homework for me. How many times in your travels do you know the zipcode you're in? And searching by city is not always the closest.
    04-28-09 07:56 AM

This made my morning! HAHAHAHA
    04-28-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD