Well, as I was loading .132 my Storm got stuck in the final "waiting for device initialization" and had nothing but the white screen with the funny little clock running in circles... Wowser! I realized I had forgotten to delete the "Vendor.xml", so I did that really quickly and it finished loading very nicely!

WHEW! I was sure for a minute there that I was going to join the [COLOR="Blue"]"Brick-a-Berry Club"[/COLOR]
    04-23-09 09:05 PM
    Damnit, join us, we have free cupcakes! The Brick-a-Berry Club will assimilate you!

...Just pull the battery on your next upgrade, mnkay?
    04-23-09 09:07 PM
    Actually I did do a battery-pull after it had loaded the firmware and was waiting to re-initialize prior to restoring my backed-up data, but that didn't seem to hurt it at all.

Now all is good and EVERYTHING is working very nicely! This is the way I like it!
    Last edited by kmss1; 04-23-09 at 09:14 PM.
    04-23-09 09:10 PM
    Yum...cupcakes. I was messing with a 122/5.0 hybrid and pulled the usb cable out thinking the load was done. Guess I should have looked at the loader screen first to confirm tho. Do I get 2 cupcakes for being an idiot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 09:32 PM
    Well, as I was loading .132 my Storm got stuck in the final "waiting for device initialization" and had nothing but the white screen with the funny little clock running in circles... Wowser! I realized I had forgotten to delete the "Vendor.xml", so I did that really quickly and it finished loading very nicely!

WHEW! I was sure for a minute there that I was going to join the [COLOR="Blue"]"Brick-a-Berry Club"[/COLOR]
    I did that same damn thing. Except I cancelled my load hoping it would automatically revert back to 15 minutes earlier. No such luck, got an error 200. Had to do a batt pull and restart and was real funky. Did a downgrade and I am now running .132. Love it when you mess yourself and still smell like roses afterwards.
    04-23-09 09:40 PM
    In order to be in the club do you have to have bricked one or have one still bricked? I've bricked 3 different phones! LOL... one was an actual real release by T-Mobile... I bricked it while on the phone with a rep from RIM (who by the way said that the new OS for the storm is due some time next week)
    Really, that was back when the 8320 went to 4.5 for real for the first time.
    04-23-09 10:45 PM
    @Bas - your trying to make this thread more fun huh...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 10:59 PM
    i forgot to delete the vendor file... but it loaded just fine.. my phone is running great... it did take a while on the final stage.. but eventually it finished
    04-23-09 11:13 PM
    i forgot to delete the vendor file... but it loaded just fine.. my phone is running great... it did take a while on the final stage.. but eventually it finished
    yeah..i havent deleted the file in the past 3 loads..works just fine..everyone is just paranoid
    04-23-09 11:29 PM
    yeah..i havent deleted the file in the past 3 loads..works just fine..everyone is just paranoid
    yea same with me, i think ive installed at least 7 different builds and only deleted the vender file once. ive never had a problem with my phone.
    04-24-09 04:35 AM
    I also haven't deleted the vendor file with my last 3 OS upgrades and everything has worked just fine...no probs...
    04-24-09 05:25 AM
    no need to delete the vendor file if its a vzw leak
    04-24-09 06:07 AM
    I have bricked my storm twice (2) trying upgrades at work computer...when I get home with the bricked storm I have no problems restoring and upgrading...just did 132 and it is sweet...anyways I have decided no more upgrading at work....oh and thaks Kevin for the leak!!
    04-24-09 06:14 AM
    I tried to load .113 4 times, and everytime just stayed at .75, read a thread about deleting the vendor file, did that, and then the os loaded. this time around I just did it to save me time. guess i wasted it instead
    04-24-09 06:16 AM
    I also have "bricked" my Storm. It took a few hours and help from other CB members to fix that one. I think some of us that have "bricked" a Storm and resuscitated it are more comfortable messing with it now.
    04-24-09 06:29 AM
    I don't like this club.
    04-24-09 07:32 AM
    ROTFLMAO @ Jordan!

Somebody needs to get a sticky going for the "Brick-a-Berry Club" !!
    04-24-09 09:46 AM
    +1000

i almost went into freak-out mode but i decided to be patient and after about 15 min. it all came back running great..

did brick my phone updating to leaked .122 and with the help of the CB Nation, i was able to de-brick it... yay.
    04-24-09 11:00 AM
    Are you sure that your device was not just busy doing something? Mine basically did the same thing for a good 5 to 10 minutes while it was updating. I did nothing and it eventually made progress again. Maybe you were not as close to joining the brick-a-berry club as you thought?

-Bob

WHEW! I was sure for a minute there that I was going to join the [color="Blue"]"Brick-a-Berry Club"[/COLOR]
    04-24-09 05:09 PM
    Question My Storm was working perfectly on ATT then for some reason it now roams to verizon. Same city and I did not change any settings? In the sim card area it reads the following
    Sim: Disabled
    Network: Inactive
    Network Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled
    Then my Phone Number is shown as correct.

Any Idea how to fix? Please help!!!!!!!!!!

OS ver.132 and just wierd things happening.
    04-24-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD