Does anyone know how I can avoid the shutter 'sound' when I take pictures with my BB BOLD?

Even when my phone is on Volume "OFF"... it still makes a hearty click sound when a snap a photo...

This disturbs others when I am trying to be discreet (library, museum...)

I have tried to find mention of this everywhere.. to no avail... please leave me your thoughts!
    04-23-09 12:23 PM
    Can't be done. Has to do with privacy issues. ieerverts
    04-23-09 12:30 PM
    There's an app called "BerryAnnoying" that will get rid of that for you. I have it and it works great.
    04-23-09 12:38 PM
    I wish there was an app for CDMA phones that did this.
    04-23-09 01:43 PM
    Does anyone know how I can avoid the shutter 'sound' when I take pictures with my BB BOLD?

Even when my phone is on Volume "OFF"... it still makes a hearty click sound when a snap a photo...

This disturbs others when I am trying to be discreet (library, museum...)

I have tried to find mention of this everywhere.. to no avail... please leave me your thoughts!
    put headphones on and the sound will only be heard by you...make sure you have money for bail when you get arrested for ................
    04-23-09 02:27 PM
    What is interesting is that my prev phones, moto V551 and SE W810 had the option to turn off shutter sound on them. I don't understand why that is the case with bb phones. Must be a canadian thing.

Mentioned in threads before about the click sound... Call your voicemail and while on call turn on your camera (press the right convenience button, camera is set to that button) and take pics, shutter will not sound off..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pinoi; 04-23-09 at 02:49 PM.
    04-23-09 02:44 PM
    You can't. Stop trying to take pixtures of the high school girls

Yes, I'm being serious.

04-23-09 03:24 PM
    ^^ you obviously don't read very much it can and please learn to spell pictures right
    04-23-09 03:27 PM
    no you perv!

04-23-09 04:13 PM
    Seriously, this has been answered so many times before. A simple search would have revealed the same resullts.

04-23-09 04:24 PM
    Cut the "plug end" off a set of crappy headphones...and just stick it in the headphone jack. It's somewhat unsightly, but you won't hear that sound.
    I'm an insurance investigator, and it works nicely to take discreet photos while in a line up / bar / mall / etc.
    04-23-09 05:59 PM
    What is interesting is that my prev phones, moto V551 and SE W810 had the option to turn off shutter sound on them. I don't understand why that is the case with bb phones. Must be a canadian thing.
    It's a security thing. It's intended to prevent corporate users from covertly snapping pics of proptietary material.

And to all the "you're a pervert" gang, give it a rest. There are legitimate reasons for muting the camera.
    04-23-09 06:05 PM
    no you perv!

This was great! Thanks for the laugh!
    04-23-09 06:42 PM
    As what "forever29" said, "Berryannoying" is the app. you're looking for. It's
    berry good.
    04-23-09 08:53 PM
    Kronk, the Voice of Reason

Glad someone finally said it
    04-23-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD