I just ran into this problem and found the solution that I thought I should share.

Today I connected my 8350i to Desktop Manager to sync, you know messages, calendar, emails, blah blah blah. Anyway, everything synced except for my Outlook Calendar with no error messages. I tried everything, battery pulls, computer restart, etc. I even tried adding appointments on my device hoping it would sync with DM, no luck.

What I have found is that the newly installed Facebook App 1.5 automatically made itself the default calendar for my device. To fix this problem you need to do the following:

options>
    Advanced Options>
    Default Services>
    select calendar and set it to "Desktop".

Even if you haven't experienced this problem it's probably worth checking into to see if Facebook did indeed make itself the default calendar.
    Last edited by tinmannick; 04-23-09 at 11:06 AM.
    04-23-09 11:03 AM
    Yes, Tinman....you're absolutely right. I just checked after reading your post. I had downloaded Facebook 1.5 yesterday and so I checked my calendar. It did, indeed, default to Facebook calendar. Thanks for the heads-up. I would have gone crazy trying to figure that out. Thanks!
    04-23-09 11:27 AM
    What a great post - I also would have gone crazy trying to figure that out. Does anyone know if there's a Facebook 1.5 "user manual" out there anywhere to answer some of the questions that may pop up?
    04-23-09 12:31 PM
    nope..... i started a facebook 1.5 offical thread
    04-23-09 12:34 PM
    OK, I've done some more research and found a GREAT thread on this very issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/face...ix-how-212375/

It goes over what I had explained above and it gives great detail on how to completely eliminate Facebook from using/sharing your Calendar and appointments, while keeping the app on your phone.
    04-23-09 01:14 PM
    ok so now my calendar is soooo messed up i just want to delete it all. if i delete the cical file that says sprin.bb.net, will that screw up my calendar even more?
    04-23-09 02:35 PM
    I'm so glad you posted this. I've had my 8900 for 2 days and was frantic trying to figure out why it was syncing everything but the calendar... This is my 1st blackberry and I'm still trying to figure all the little things out.
    04-26-09 09:49 PM
    I'm so glad you posted this. I've had my 8900 for 2 days and was frantic trying to figure out why it was syncing everything but the calendar... This is my 1st blackberry and I'm still trying to figure all the little things out.
    Well Welcome to the forums and remember that you can always find whatever you need to keep your blackberry up and functional here! Dont ever hesitate to ask a question!
    04-26-09 10:19 PM
    I just ran into this problem and found the solution that I thought I should share.

Today I connected my 8350i to Desktop Manager to sync, you know messages, calendar, emails, blah blah blah. Anyway, everything synced except for my Outlook Calendar with no error messages. I tried everything, battery pulls, computer restart, etc. I even tried adding appointments on my device hoping it would sync with DM, no luck.

What I have found is that the newly installed Facebook App 1.5 automatically made itself the default calendar for my device. To fix this problem you need to do the following:

options>
    Advanced Options>
    Default Services>

Even if you haven't experienced this problem it's probably worth checking into to see if Facebook did indeed make itself the default calendar.
    When I follow these steps desktop isn't in my list of options.
    I go to
    Default Outlook Calendar won't sync? Facebook 1.5 at fault

options>
    Advanced Options>
    Default Services>

When i go to default services the are two options
    Calendar (CICAL)
    Messaging (CMIME)

Both of these options are drop down lists of my email accounts routed to my blackberry via BIS
    04-28-09 09:24 AM
    horn....

your post is a little confusing, could you please try to explain it a little better?
    04-28-09 09:53 AM
    When I follow these steps desktop isn't in my list of options.
    I go to
    Default Outlook Calendar won't sync? Facebook 1.5 at fault

options>
    Advanced Options>
    Default Services>

When i go to default services the are two options
    Calendar (CICAL)
    Messaging (CMIME)

Both of these options are drop down lists of my email accounts routed to my blackberry via BIS
    Do you use Outlook Calendar? If yes, are you able to sync your device with Outlook Calendar through Desktop Manager?
    04-28-09 12:02 PM
    THANK YOU! I had run into this and could not figure out what was going on. CRACKBERRY forums rock!
    04-28-09 12:16 PM
    I am having the same problem. I follow your instructions, but when I get to Calendar, the drop down box gives me Facebook and a list of my email accounts. Any advice? And, btw, this forum rocks!
    This problem is driving me nuts! Any help is greatly appreciated.
    04-29-09 09:54 AM
    ok do this first......

menu
    options
    advance options
    default services.....

set it to you address that you use MOST OFTEN

after you do this, if you have a today theme you will need to re-enter all your appointments again. yes it sucks but this is what you have to do.
    04-29-09 10:02 AM
    What would cause Desktop Manager 4.7 to not have Outlook as an option to sync. I did delete the one cical email address andthat worked, i then installed the new facebook 1.5 app and my calender won't sync. I'm install the newer 1.5 facebook app to see if that works. I did go into advanced options, and calender and facebook was the only option.
    04-29-09 04:16 PM
    WONDERFUL! Thank you for this info.
    04-30-09 01:22 PM
    how do you change the default from facebook to the default? Mine won't let me select another option.
    04-30-09 03:05 PM
    Thanks for the Info! I have been trying to get my BB Curve 8330 to sync with Outlook 2007 calendar for like the last 1 1/2 hours till i came across this post. Now I can sync all my holidays and such! Thanks a bunch!

Dave
    04-30-09 07:25 PM

options>
    Advanced Options>
    Default Services>

I have had this problem and indeed went frantic. I am using a BB Bold 9000 when I follow this instruction I only see the e-mail addresses associated with my device and facebook. "Desktop does not appear. Ay idea how to fix this? and has anyone else had this problem?
    05-01-09 09:03 AM
    I agree with CANBOY, there is not "desktop" option available. Using AT&T BB 9000.
    05-04-09 02:11 PM
    Try choosing the email address that is listed, it should be the one asscociated with your Outlook Calendar.
    05-04-09 02:32 PM
    I have the 8330 and when I go to default services all I see is: Messaging (CMIME) and my home email account.

I don't see anything about Facebook Calendar.

I can't sync anything to outlook 2007 - calendar, notes, tasks, address book or nothing is syncing! I NEED HELP. This is so frustrating.

Also, does anyone know why my work email account would be recycling messages. Everytime I delete them from my bb they come right back until I actually log onto my work email on my desktop and delete them from there. This is another frustrating thing I deal with everyday!

I really need my bb to sync with my outlook so that I am able to print and have everything match!!! This is crazy!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP QUICK. I'm about to throw my bb or my laptop with outlook into the sea!
    05-05-09 11:30 AM
    I have the 8330 and when I go to default services all I see is: Messaging (CMIME) and my home email account.

I don't see anything about Facebook Calendar.

I can't sync anything to outlook 2007 - calendar, notes, tasks, address book or nothing is syncing! I NEED HELP. This is so frustrating.
    You may want to see what I did as a fix - I now have the correct calendar (CICAL) as a choice. Once I did the steps I listed in this other post, I was able to sync again.

I can't post the direct link, apparently, but this should get you there:
    forums.crackberry.com/f2/facebook-1-5-calendar-fix-how-212375/index2.html#post2506186
    05-08-09 01:43 PM
    This is in response to the post where the calendar won't sync and there is no "desktop" option in "advanced options" "default services" for calendar. The email I had configured on my bb was bellsouth.net account. It was default for calendar too. I created a blackberry email account for use just on my blackberry and I was able to sync. I am not sure why this worked. Its just an email account. The only thing I can think of is that there is no calendar for the bellsouth email. the blackberry account does have a calendar. Anyway, try creating an email account local to just the blackberry itself (your provider should be able to help you with that if you dont know how) I dont plan to use the email address just the calendar. Hope this helps
    05-18-09 12:49 PM
    I had this same problem... My question is, is there a fix to get all the stuff that loaded into Facebook back on to my Outlook Calendar?
    10-27-09 06:04 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD