Apologies if this has been posted before but it seems like every time I connect my Curve to the PC and Sync with DM it changes the time zone on the phone by +12 hours.

So if I connect at 09:30 when I disconnect 5 mins later the clock reads 22:35 and I have to re-set the time to GMT as its changed it to some strange +12 time zone.

Any ideas ?

The clock on my PC is correct by the way.
    04-22-09 04:17 PM
    I love the military time what I set my blackberry. I haven't any issues with it when I connect between pc and BB via DM for back up or added apps, theme. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with sync.. I wish to know what the cause If I use sync and clock..

I really hope you will be solve with it asap. let us know how it turn out.. I wish you the best luck .
    04-22-09 05:01 PM
    BUMP !

Any ideas as to why the clock on my 8900 changes to a +12 hours time zone after connecting to DM ?????????
    04-23-09 04:05 AM
    Re-check the time and time zone on your PC and your phone. Something is out of sync.

BTW, if you're jumping from 0930 to 2230 that would be 13 hours, so probably also a daylight saving mismatch.
    04-23-09 05:52 AM
    I have an idea. Plug your blackberry into your computer and when DM is open and connected to your device make sure you have your clock settings to whatever you use them as. Then, do a back-up of all your data. Now, try and sync it with your DM. If this doesn't work, try a battery pull or an OS upgrade if you haven't already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 06:12 AM
    branta is correct that is 13 hours... by the way, when you say you Sync with DM, what are you Sync'ing??? I typically use DM to backup my BB and load software.
    04-23-09 06:17 AM
    Re-check the time and time zone on your PC and your phone. Something is out of sync.

BTW, if you're jumping from 0930 to 2230 that would be 13 hours, so probably also a daylight saving mismatch.
    Sorry my mistake, I meant 21:30

I have done an OS upgrade and im sure the problem has occured with both OS's.

I will re-check the time zone on my PC but it reads the correct time so im thinking it is correct.

The problem happens if I simply connect to DM to check for upgrades or install something.

For what its worth the BB reverts to time zone Eniwetok -12 hours and not +12 but either way its still 12 hours out and not right !
    04-23-09 09:08 AM
    Its the settings on ur comp are 12 hours off

04-23-09 09:52 AM
    Its the settings on ur comp are 12 hours off

Erm, no its not.

Ive just checked and my PC's time zone is set to GMT (London, Dublin) and as im in the UK I believe that is correct.
    04-23-09 03:35 PM
    Erm, no its not.

Ive just checked and my PC's time zone is set to GMT (London, Dublin) and as im in the UK I believe that is correct.
    And your 8900 clock timezone is set to the same thing???
    04-23-09 04:47 PM
    What you're actually saying is that the phone's Time Zone gets changed but the realtime clock is not altered. A 12 hour jump would be correct for this TZ glitch, and if you change the TZ setting to London it should correct the clock. Don't forget to hit Menu and save your changes, or they will be discarded.

AFAIK the desktop software doesn't mess with time zones even if they are mismatched between computer and phone. It should only align the realtime (utc based) clocks and respect whatever zone you have set. (However I have no experience of your 8900 or DM4.7)

The simple solution is to disable clock resetting in DM and in your phone's time/date menu select to take time from "Blackberry" (RIM servers over the air). Remember you MUST select the correct time zone manually when there's a change, and save it as you exit. This would prove whether DM is doing anything wrong, or whether it is some factor involving the phone only.
    04-23-09 08:03 PM
    What you're actually saying is that the phone's Time Zone gets changed but the realtime clock is not altered. A 12 hour jump would be correct for this TZ glitch, and if you change the TZ setting to London it should correct the clock. Don't forget to hit Menu and save your changes, or they will be discarded.

AFAIK the desktop software doesn't mess with time zones even if they are mismatched between computer and phone. It should only align the realtime (utc based) clocks and respect whatever zone you have set. (However I have no experience of your 8900 or DM4.7)

The simple solution is to disable clock resetting in DM and in your phone's time/date menu select to take time from "Blackberry" (RIM servers over the air). Remember you MUST select the correct time zone manually when there's a change, and save it as you exit. This would prove whether DM is doing anything wrong, or whether it is some factor involving the phone only.
    Yes, that is exactly what is happening.
    I plug the phone in to DM and when I disconnect the timezone on the blackberry has changed to Eniwetok -12 and I then have to manually change it back to GMT after which the time is correct again.

I will try your suggestions to avoid this.

Thanks
    04-24-09 02:00 AM
    try disabling "update device date and time" in desktop manager.
    04-24-09 02:07 AM
    Yes, that is exactly what is happening.
    I plug the phone in to DM and when I disconnect the timezone on the blackberry has changed to Eniwetok -12 and I then have to manually change it back to GMT after which the time is correct again.

I will try your suggestions to avoid this.

Thanks
    The time zone simply shouldn't change without your permission so I'm puzzled by this. I've asked our resident Time Lord to take a look at the thread and see if he can see something we all overlooked, so any further feedback will be useful.

Edit: the other puzzling feature is that the -12 zone seems to be a non-DST zone on my PC so it should go 13 hours off your GMT_DST zone. I'm also in UK and my Bold correctly jumped to UTC+1 when daylight saving was implemented last month so I know GMT/London zone should have you on UTC+1 now
    Last edited by branta; 04-24-09 at 07:05 AM.
    04-24-09 07:01 AM
    I read through this thread and I'm puzzled too.
    1. I live on the East Coast of the US, so I changed my PC time zone to London Dublin time.
    2. I changed the time zone on my 8830 to London Dublin time.
    3. I enabled "update device date and time" in Desktop Manager.
    4. I connected my 8830 to my PC and pressed the Synchronize button. There was a brief pause while the computer determimed there was nothing to synch.
    5. I disconnected my 8830 from the PC. It remained on London Dublin time.
    I was unable to replicate the reported failure.

I then changed my 8830 time zone to Greenland (GMT-3). The 8830 displayed Greenland time. I connected to my PC, which was still set to London Dublin time and pressed the Synchronize button. After the synch, I disconnected my 8830. The time zone on the 8330 was changed to London Dublin time and the time displayed was London Dublin time. The Desktop Manager does change the time zone setting on the device, not just the time, if you have the "Update Device Date and Time" option enabled.

In conclusion, I cannot replicate the failure as reported. If no one else can reproduce it, I suspect some other unreported condition that is changing the time zone. Other than a 3rd party time zone manager, I don't know what that could be.
    05-03-09 03:55 PM
    I read through this thread and I'm puzzled too.
    1. I live on the East Coast of the US, so I changed my PC time zone to London Dublin time.
    2. I changed the time zone on my 8830 to London Dublin time.
    3. I enabled "update device date and time" in Desktop Manager.
    4. I connected my 8830 to my PC and pressed the Synchronize button. There was a brief pause while the computer determimed there was nothing to synch.
    5. I disconnected my 8830 from the PC. It remained on London Dublin time.
    I was unable to replicate the reported failure.

I then changed my 8830 time zone to Greenland (GMT-3). The 8830 displayed Greenland time. I connected to my PC, which was still set to London Dublin time and pressed the Synchronize button. After the synch, I disconnected my 8830. The time zone on the 8330 was changed to London Dublin time and the time displayed was London Dublin time. The Desktop Manager does change the time zone setting on the device, not just the time, if you have the "Update Device Date and Time" option enabled.

In conclusion, I cannot replicate the failure as reported. If no one else can reproduce it, I suspect some other unreported condition that is changing the time zone. Other than a 3rd party time zone manager, I don't know what that could be.
    I will carry out another test tomorrow and report back on the results.
    05-03-09 04:37 PM
    I am having the same problem on my Storm. I am in the Arizona time zone and it changes to Eniwetok when I do a DM sync. I am using Windows 7 RC. The clock on my PC is also correct.
    05-08-09 11:24 PM
    Try changing your time zone to Pacific time on both the PC and the Storm and see if the problem persists. In your case, it could be an error due to Arizona's DST exception. I doubt it, but changing temporarily to PT would prove it. Did you try all the suggestions posted earlier in this thread?
    05-09-09 07:16 AM
    I changed the time zone to pacific on both my storm and PC and it still did the same thing. I then disabled the synchronize date and time in DM and that fixed it. It must be a problem with DM and Windows 7. I will check it with Windows Vista to see if the same problem occurs. Thanks for your help.
    05-09-09 03:54 PM
    I tried it earlier with Windows Vista and could not reproduce the problem. Windows 7 seems a likely culprit.
    05-09-09 04:15 PM
    I had the same problem. Fixed it by de-selecting the Update Device Date and Time box in the synchronisation settings in the Desktop Manager. Only happened when I moved onto Windows 7.
    02-10-10 04:36 PM
    Has anyone solved the Eniwetok riddle? I've had same issue for a couple years. Started on 8330 with XP. Moved to 7 box with 8330 problem persisted. Now with Torch 9800 and same problem exists on 7. I've googled and see people with same issue around the world. my local TZ is EST so nothing peculiar about that. My laptop has 3 time settings - all set to same EST.

This is especially aggravating. It it's user error, the world sure has a bunch of ***** users in it (myself included).
    10-14-10 09:08 AM
    I haven't seen any solution or explanation. I don't think it is a user error, or that users can do anything to fix it.

10-14-10 11:23 AM
    I've been having the same issue on my 9900. I never experienced it before and it also adjusts future calendar events by adding an extra day!

Proverbial P.I.T.A.!!!

I'd like a solution, other than the workaround.

11-21-11 08:32 AM
    Disabling syncing your device time to your PC time is the only solution I know. This is an old thread. I thought the Eniewetok problem had been solved.
    11-21-11 08:41 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD