Now that even Verizon has instituted one of these types of programs, does anyone know if AT&T will be adding it anytime soon? I just switched to AT&T from Verizon but until recently the coverage for AT&T in my homestate has been absolute garbage so all my friends and family are still on Verizon and I'd love to be able to add some of their phone numbers to this type of program.

Thanks for any info you might have!
    04-22-09 09:57 AM
    Now that even Verizon has instituted one of these types of programs, does anyone know if AT&T will be adding it anytime soon? I just switched to AT&T from Verizon but until recently the coverage for AT&T in my homestate has been absolute garbage so all my friends and family are still on Verizon and I'd love to be able to add some of their phone numbers to this type of program.

Thanks for any info you might have!
    The only reason Verizon added that MyFaves plan is because they bought Alltel and it was one of there rate plans. i work for AT&T and nothing like that has been mentioned to be released soon. but that can change. i'll keep you posted if something comes out.
    04-22-09 10:51 AM
    The only reason Verizon added that MyFaves plan is because they bought Alltel and it was one of there rate plans. i work for AT&T and nothing like that has been mentioned to be released soon. but that can change. i'll keep you posted if something comes out.
    damn, that's exactly what i was afraid of. i used to have only 450 minutes with verizon and now that i switched to AT&T, i was looking forward to saving a few bucks but i had to up my minutes to 900 since all the numbers i call are on verizon. oh well.

thanks.
    04-22-09 10:55 AM
    Seems unlikely with rollover already being there.
    04-22-09 01:41 PM
    Would be a nice perk and might have more people interested in AT&T if they did.
    04-23-09 10:57 PM
    that + rollover woudl be epic
    04-24-09 01:41 AM
    I wish they introduced 5-10-20 number circles and dumped rollover.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 12:35 PM
    I wish they introduced 5-10-20 number circles and dumped rollover.

are you crazy? the rollover is one of the best parts of ATT, besides actually having signal 99% of the time. If it wasn't for the rollover mins I would of left ATT years ago
    04-29-09 04:25 AM
    In addition to rollover, AT&T now has Unity plans - essentially the free mobile-to-mobile in-network calling has been extended to anyone that has an AT&T landline as well - residential and business. Personally, I would rather have that combination of services than a 10-number* list. I think it is a much better long-term strategy for AT&T as well.

*Verizon's is only 5 numbers - with a 900 minute plan.
    04-29-09 08:31 AM
    In addition to rollover, AT&T now has Unity plans - essentially the free mobile-to-mobile in-network calling has been extended to anyone that has an AT&T landline as well - residential and business. Personally, I would rather have that combination of services than a 10-number* list. I think it is a much better long-term strategy for AT&T as well.
    Generally speaking yeah. More anytime minutes benefits a broader group of people than those who only talk to certain people the most.
    04-29-09 02:37 PM
    roll over minutes are lovely lol!! i would rather have them! think about it, just because you can call someone with sed sprint for free anytime doesn't mean they can talk back because they will be waisting there minutes...
    04-29-09 05:43 PM
    Go back to Verizon, AT&T sucks
    04-29-09 06:17 PM
    wow, what an insightful response. im glad you also posted a factual basis for your idiotic ramblings.

i lvoe rollover minutes - my GF is constantly using them, since her parents have vzw and put her in their 5. i on the other hand, have 1500+ rollover minutes, since the GF switched to AT&T
    04-30-09 12:00 AM
    To be honest, most people never use their rollover minutes. If they accumulated them to begin with, odds are they're not going to talk much more than they did when they got them, except for special circumstances, the rollover is useless.

And to get Unity, you have to be in combined billing, which means that you have to have an AT&T landline yourself.

Most of my friends don't even have a land line, and the ones who do all have Vonage, so unity doesn't help much either.
    04-30-09 02:37 PM
    To be honest, most people never use their rollover minutes. If they accumulated them to begin with, odds are they're not going to talk much more than they did when they got them, except for special circumstances, the rollover is useless.
    Wow, that is a huge assumption...

My usage is either:
    1 - not that much
    2 - spontaneously a lot higher

So what would happen with non rollover is most of the time I don't have to worry but I always had to watch my minutes because I would hit near the cap occasionally and have to stop using my phone during peak until the months end.

Now I have 1600 rollover minutes currently, so I don't have to do so. Rollover isn't usesless unless your usage is always the same and always under your cap.
    04-30-09 02:55 PM
    They'd be following the trend in Wireless...It would be awesome if they did I would agree...But So Far, AT&T Seems to have it down with the Rollover minutes...
    04-30-09 03:57 PM
    wow, what an insightful response. im glad you also posted a factual basis for your idiotic ramblings.

i lvoe rollover minutes - my GF is constantly using them, since her parents have vzw and put her in their 5. i on the other hand, have 1500+ rollover minutes, since the GF switched to AT&T
    Just look at the coverage maps for proof that Verizon has better voice and 3G coverage, and look at consumer reports for proof that VZW is better for call quality.
    05-04-09 09:37 PM
    Just look at the coverage maps for proof that Verizon has better voice and 3G coverage, and look at consumer reports for proof that VZW is better for call quality.
    Nobody cares, go back to your shanty.
    05-05-09 01:20 PM
    Just look at my Bill to see that AT&T doesn't rip me off like Verizon did.

Just look at my call log to see ZERO dropped calls in 4 years (unless I was talking to someone on a non-AT&T cell and THEY lost coverage).

It's not that I love AT&T, I would much rather to still be with Cingular (I have just never liked the AT&T brand), but facts is facts. They may have fewer subscribers than Verizon (even though that's more a testament to Verizon's aquisitions than their service quality), but AT&T's ability to get the premium devices may put an end to that soon.
    05-05-09 03:56 PM
    are you crazy? the rollover is one of the best parts of ATT, besides actually having signal 99% of the time. If it wasn't for the rollover mins I would of left ATT years ago

It's only good to those that acquire rollover minutes every month. But then you keep getting more and more and they disappear after 12 months so you're actually just paying for minutes you don't use. To those that use up all their minutes they are not important.
    Then again with the 5-10-15 "my faves" more people would be saving minutes but with no rollover hose minutes would be wasted.
    05-05-09 11:55 PM
    Family plan that ****! Pay the same, for a ghost line and a regular line. And put some hot sauce on dat!

05-06-09 05:00 PM
    I spoke with an AT&T rep two days ago because I seriously considered leaving them for T-Mobile. I wanted a cheaper family plan and with myFaves I could do that. Now that AT&T is coming out with My Circle (September 20th 2009...according to the AT&T rep I spoke with) I can drop my family plan to 550 minutes and pick 5 people I talk to the most. This will help to avoid using my anytime minutes with the people I talk to the most all while saving some money.
    Last edited by oneder; 09-16-09 at 03:04 PM.
    09-16-09 03:02 PM
    I spoke with an AT&T rep two days ago because I seriously considered leaving them for T-Mobile. I wanted a cheaper family plan and with myFaves I could do that. Now that AT&T is coming out with My Circle (September 20th 2009...according to the AT&T rep I spoke with) I can drop my family plan to 550 minutes and pick 5 people I talk to the most. This will help to avoid using my anytime minutes with the people I talk to the most all while saving some money.
    Actually it is called A-List with Rollover. Free feature with $59.99 Nation Plan or $89.99 Family Plan. Nation gets 5 and Family gets 10 nujmbers shared withing all Family lines.
    09-19-09 12:30 PM
    you have to be on the 1400 minute plan for a family and 700 minute plan for individuals to have the A List. were rolling it out today!!
    09-20-09 08:25 AM
    you have to be on the 1400 minute plan for a family and 700 minute plan for individuals to have the A List. were rolling it out today!!
    My plan is for 1500 (family plan) minutes, but only costs 84.95. Will I be able to get A-List?
    09-20-09 11:12 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD