OK so I've read all the posts about how to get 50+MB of Mem on your Storm. Mine is still at like 35 and runs very slow. Here's the details on what I have on my phone

OS .113

2 email boxes
    facebook
    myspace
    youmail
    viigo
    buzzme
    extreme labs level
    appworld
    meterberry
    farkle (game need for morning constitutions)
    parking lot
    visible vote
    windows live messenger
    BB messenger
    word mole
    brick breaker

Other than that I don't have anything but the standard phone, browser and such. Why can I not have my phone running at 50+MB. What am I doing wrong?? do I really have to get rid of Viigo as it has been suggested in the forums that it eats memory. I'm really confused as to why this damn thing won't free up memory.
    04-22-09 08:21 AM
    OK so I've read all the posts about how to get 50+MB of Mem on your Storm. Mine is still at like 35 and runs very slow. Here's the details on what I have on my phone

OS .113

2 email boxes
    facebook
    myspace
    youmail
    viigo
    buzzme
    extreme labs level
    appworld
    meterberry
    farkle (game need for morning constitutions)
    parking lot
    visible vote
    windows live messenger
    BB messenge
    word mole
    brick breaker

Other than that I don't have anything but the standard phone, browser and such. Why can I not have my phone running at 50+MB. What am I doing wrong?? do I really have to get rid of Viigo as it has been suggested in the forums that it eats memory. I'm really confused as to why this damn thing won't free up memory.
    50MB of memory is good. But if you just want 50 to have 50 there's really no point (being at 35 is not whats forcing your phone to move slow). To have all the apps you want right now, and to still have 35MB is REALLY GOOD. I have all the apps I want and i'm down to 25MB, which I still consider good! Getting rid of Viigo would help out alot, and also deleting the "East Asian Characters." You'd have to do that by hooking your phone up to your computer, and using the desktop manager. That will free up about 5 MB of memory as well.

Its probably nice for people to know they have 50MB of memory, but whats the point of having all of that memory just sitting there not fulfilling any purpose? Might as well have the apps you want and having 20 something MB's left over...really doesnt make a difference. Hope this helps...
    04-22-09 08:35 AM
    Oh yea...unless your mailboxes are actual app's, like the actual gmail app, they're not taking up any of ur app memory.
    04-22-09 08:37 AM
    I love Viigo and I want to keep it. It just seems that when I run it it takes forever and 2 days to update and it runs very slow. once I exit I have to wait 5 minutes for my phone to like settle down and then it starts working right. I have deleted the east asian characters.

If I can't use viigo because of it's slowness, what other app can I use that's free?? I need it to update me on news and Pittsburgh sports teams. Oh and let me read the new Crackberry blogs :-)
    04-22-09 08:41 AM
    I love Viigo and I want to keep it. It just seems that when I run it it takes forever and 2 days to update and it runs very slow. once I exit I have to wait 5 minutes for my phone to like settle down and then it starts working right. I have deleted the east asian characters.

If I can't use viigo because of it's slowness, what other app can I use that's free?? I need it to update me on news and Pittsburgh sports teams. Oh and let me read the new Crackberry blogs :-)
    You can read the Crackberry blogs through the mobile site: m.crackberry.com. I dont know if you use twitter, but you can also add twitterberry (the twitter application) and follow crackberry on there. That way you'll know whenever they update the blog, because they'll report it on twitter as well. Thats how I keep up with crackberry and everything else i'm interested in keeping up with daily. I'm personally not fan of Viigo, and wouldnt let it as much as grace the app memory of my Storm. I love my phone too much for that. lol.
    04-22-09 08:55 AM
    I've heard about twitter but not sure about it. Is it really as good as everyone makes it out to be??
    04-22-09 08:59 AM
    mmmm. As good as you make it. It's really useful to me, so I enjoy it. You can use it as an RSS Feed by following every company or organization you're interested in. In that aspect...its good for a quick fix and update on whats goin on in your world of interests.
    04-22-09 10:02 AM
    50MB of memory is good. But if you just want 50 to have 50 there's really no point (being at 35 is not whats forcing your phone to move slow). To have all the apps you want right now, and to still have 35MB is REALLY GOOD. I have all the apps I want and i'm down to 25MB, which I still consider good! Getting rid of Viigo would help out alot, and also deleting the "East Asian Characters." You'd have to do that by hooking your phone up to your computer, and using the desktop manager. That will free up about 5 MB of memory as well.

Its probably nice for people to know they have 50MB of memory, but whats the point of having all of that memory just sitting there not fulfilling any purpose? Might as well have the apps you want and having 20 something MB's left over...really doesnt make a difference. Hope this helps...
    I have most of those programs but i still startup at 54.8. It just depends on the OS that you have. I have the slimmed down version of OS 122
    04-22-09 10:11 AM
    I have most of those programs but i still startup at 54.8. It just depends on the OS that you have. I have the slimmed down version of OS 122
    What does the "slimmed down" OS eliminate from the system?
    04-22-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD