View Poll Results: Click or Touch Typing?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Touch Typing! (Just touch the screen, like the iPhone)

20 11.17%
  • Click Typing! (Keep it the way it is)

69 38.55%
  • Give us an option! (Both available)

90 50.28%
    What would you prefer in future updates?

Would you like to keep the click typing or the touch typing? I think an option would really make a lot of people happy. For me I am a fast texter but since the screen takes a second to rebound up it gets harder to type than on a real keyboard.
    04-21-09 08:16 PM
    most people will probably say touch but i love the click personally
    04-21-09 08:18 PM
    Having bought a Storm the day it was released back in November - I have now had two due to quality issues related to the buttons and "click" screen. All of my co-workers (the ones with smart phones) have iPhones and the simplicity of the touch screen really appeals to me. I am hoping the next Storm has touch and offers WiFi.

Finally Blackberry has an app store though..
    04-21-09 08:23 PM
    I actually have an iPod Touch, and I have found the typing to be MUCH easier on the Storm because of the click. I say stay with the click, but the option to have both would suit everyone.
    04-21-09 08:25 PM
    I have been wanting this forever. I did slowly get used to the click but I have been wishing for a while now that we get an option to have click or not, at least when typing, don't care for other stuff…

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 08:57 PM
    I think I would prefer click but it would be nice to have an option.

04-21-09 09:10 PM
    Click Click
    04-21-09 09:13 PM
    it would be nice if an app was created with an override ability allowing you to keep it on click or touch.

im thinking under options>screen/keyboard>touchscreen>

this would open a load of new opportunities for application developers

+ they could probably easily modify apps on the Iphone to immediately work on the storm.

just my 2 cents.
    04-21-09 09:17 PM
    Click, that's why I bought the Storm. Have had other touchscreens and just are not my cup of tea.
    it would be nice if an app was created with an override ability allowing you to keep it on click or touch.

this would open a load of new opportunities for application developers
    Applications can already be written using touch or click or have the option, so this wouldn't be advantage for them.
    04-21-09 10:20 PM
    How about we just worry about getting an update period. Lol that would be something wouldn't it?

04-21-09 10:28 PM
    click click here. gave up the iphone after one month due to typing issues. will never go back. love my storm.
    04-21-09 10:30 PM
    i like the click... i hate touch...
    but i also like the navigation system on the toyota/lexus (don't know if others are like that) where you touch but to make a selection... you have to actually press on the screen...
    same concecpt... but instead of the whole screen being one big button (and get dust everywhere) i like the flexible screen...
    that's how i thought the screen would be when the rumors came out about the storm
    04-21-09 10:32 PM
    Honestly, I voted for clicking because that's what I love. But, I have to say, options are always great. I would say, touch typing would be interesting when you have a screen that clicks...
    04-21-09 10:33 PM
    i would like the option
    04-21-09 10:38 PM
    Click typing all the way man! buff up your fingers!
    04-21-09 11:09 PM
    I would stay with the click ... I love the way it is
    04-21-09 11:13 PM
    Having bought a Storm the day it was released back in November - I have now had two due to quality issues related to the buttons and "click" screen. All of my co-workers (the ones with smart phones) have iPhones and the simplicity of the touch screen really appeals to me. I am hoping the next Storm has touch and offers WiFi.

Finally Blackberry has an app store though..
    I would not call an iPhone a smartphone. It doesn't even push emails efficiently. You can't replace the battery yourself without opening the phone apart.

Its more like an entertainment phone.

04-21-09 11:19 PM
    The click.. After I applied the torx screw fix it's now great to type on.

04-21-09 11:21 PM
    "click" lol
    04-21-09 11:22 PM
    I am enjoying the click. I had an Ipod Touch before so I've used both types...I suppose the option wouldn't hurt.

04-21-09 11:30 PM
    I would like to have the option...I would probably click more often than not though.

04-21-09 11:34 PM
    I just need something to keep up with my fingers, if anyone has any tips it'd be great. I think the touch would be a lot better on the storm than the iphone just because the buttons/letters are better sized.
    04-21-09 11:47 PM
    I'll vote twice for click -- once for me and once for my brother who has an iphone through work and drooled when he got to try clicking my storm. But if a good enough touch program were developed i'd put it through it's paces.

04-22-09 12:02 AM
    i would love touch, specifically multitouch over clicking anyday, it's much faster than clicking.
    I dare anyone to type really fast on the storm and see what happens
    04-22-09 12:24 AM
    I have the iPhone and the Storm, and I'm a 2-thumb person, even on the touch screen. No "jab-jab" here.

I'm ok with either, but I do like the tactile "click" of the Storm.

Now if only it would keep up with me, dangit!
    04-22-09 12:34 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD