I just downloaded Facebook 1.5 and when I rebooted my phone, all of my the appointments in my calendar were doubled! What the heck happened? Did it have anything to do with Facebook? Can anyone help!?
    04-21-09 06:23 PM
    i just DL'd the same app and i don't have that issue. go into your calendar and hit bb button>show calendar and see which calendars you have on there. awhile ago my phone had dups and it was b/c it created a new calendar called "device default". just wipe calendar with DM backup/restore>advanced and select the calendar then re-sync
    04-21-09 06:47 PM
    i just DL'd the same app and i don't have that issue. go into your calendar and hit bb button>show calendar and see which calendars you have on there. awhile ago my phone had dups and it was b/c it created a new calendar called "device default". just wipe calendar with DM backup/restore>advanced and select the calendar then re-sync
    Ah, I see. Well that makes it easier to view. I still hate even having the Facebook calendar on my phone. How the heck do I get rid of it?
    04-21-09 06:50 PM
    go into the facebook app and bb button>options and uncheck the calendar one...it'll delete from your calendar.
    04-21-09 06:51 PM
    Ah, I see. Well that makes it easier to view. I still hate even having the Facebook calendar on my phone. How the heck do I get rid of it?
    First go into the app, press BB button, then click on Options... you can uncheck the sync with calendar box there.

I would assume that it would have put a service book in your phone for the FB calendar, and I'm assuming it works like any other service book. If you go into Options > Advanced Options > Service book, find the one that says Facebook [CICAL], highlight that, press BB button, then click on Delete... that should delete the FB calendar entries from your calendar.
    04-21-09 06:53 PM
    go into the facebook app and bb button>options and uncheck the calendar one...it'll delete from your calendar.
    AAAHHHHH... and who's on point, NOW? So there.
    04-21-09 06:53 PM
    First go into the app, press BB button, then click on Options... you can uncheck the sync with calendar box there.

I would assume that it would have put a service book in your phone for the FB calendar, and I'm assuming it works like any other service book. If you go into Options > Advanced Options > Service book, find the one that says Facebook [CICAL], highlight that, press BB button, then click on Delete... that should delete the FB calendar entries from your calendar.
    PERFECT! Problem solved. Thanks for the help guys!
    04-21-09 06:58 PM
    AAAHHHHH... and who's on point, NOW? So there.
    i guess i'm quicker than your keylogger
    04-21-09 06:59 PM
    btw, aren't you kinda too...whats the word, married! to be a stalker?
    04-21-09 07:00 PM
    btw, aren't you kinda too...whats the word, married! to be a stalker?
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Nice.
    04-21-09 07:04 PM
    I did that and now it just replaced the facebook calendar with the device default calender which hadn't been there before. Anyway to now get rid of that and just keep my 2 email calendars?
    04-21-09 09:05 PM
    I had the problem of duplicate entries in my calendar as well. I like the idea of getting all my friends birthdays in my calendar now, but I don't like all these duplicates. So rather than unchecking the Blackberry Calendar Application in the options of facebook I tried to simply delete the facebook duplicates I didn't want however that then deleted the events from showing up in my today screen. Also when google sync resynced all the events that were manually deleted were back any ideas?
    04-21-09 09:27 PM
    I did that and now it just replaced the facebook calendar with the device default calender which hadn't been there before. Anyway to now get rid of that and just keep my 2 email calendars?
    uncheck the option in the facebook apps and delete the service book for the facebook calendar.
    04-21-09 09:54 PM
    So i like the ability to add birthdays to the calendar but ran into the same problem with the dups.

once I removed the options from facebook to sync, deleted the service book for the fb calendar and set the default to my gmail account.

I ran google sync and it looked like it updated my facebook events onto my main google calendar www.google.com/calendar.

I then reset google sync which clears everything from the calendar
    Sync : Calendar - Problems - Mobile Help

then ran google sync again to update my new calendar with the facebook events into my one google calendar.
    04-21-09 11:47 PM
    i don't use google. i just use DM and yahoo calendar to sync. i only have the one calendar.
    04-22-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD