when i try and verify my account it comes up with network exception trying to communicate with twitter service

all the app permissions are set to allow

any ideas?
    04-21-09 12:02 PM
    Nope....I've come to the conclusion that no one can make a decent twitter app for the blackberry.... The only successful apps are for the iphone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 01:53 PM
    ubertwitter doesn't really work outside of the U.S because it doesn't use BIS, it uses APN so unless you know those details you're not gonna get it to work.

However the group who developed it has stated that they are going to work on this so we can also use it in the UK

So be patient kiddies and if the iPhone is so much better, stop wasting your money on RIM and switch then. No one is stopping you
    04-21-09 02:27 PM
    Ubertwitter is excellent!

I use it, and I'm in the UK on T-Mobile. Works perfectly.

Try this website GPRS information and UK settings and edit the info through OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/TCP
    04-21-09 02:35 PM
    Ubertwitter is excellent!

I use it, and I'm in the UK on T-Mobile. Works perfectly.

Try this website GPRS information and UK settings and edit the info through OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/TCP
    Are you on a BIS data plan..if so did your carrier charge you xtra for using APN?

Robin
    04-21-09 02:58 PM
    Yes, on BIS only. No charge from carrier, although I have Unlimited Data within my package if that's what you mean?
    04-21-09 03:09 PM
    Yes, on BIS only. No charge from carrier, although I have Unlimited Data within my package if that's what you mean?
    I have BIS data plan 250mb per month on Orange UK..I have to set the APN to orangewap so as to get ubertwitter..some say I will incur additional costs,some say not..I'm trying to get a definitive answer

Robin
    04-21-09 03:20 PM
    Really can't see how you would be charged additional?? Sorry I cannot be of any further help, somebody else may understand better...
    04-21-09 03:29 PM
    deleted it as dont want to use wap as i get randomly charged by o2!

twitterberry is rubbish
    tinytwitter is rubbish
    yatcha is rubbish
    ubertwitter is rubbish

end of
    04-22-09 01:46 PM
    I have the same problem.. Help!!!

05-03-09 09:08 PM
    deleted it as dont want to use wap as i get randomly charged by o2!

twitterberry is rubbish
    tinytwitter is rubbish
    yatcha is rubbish
    ubertwitter is rubbish

end of
    LOL, hilarious!
    05-04-09 06:29 AM
    dont worry ubertwitter will be updated some time next century lol
    05-04-09 11:24 AM
    I have had less trouble with Ubertwitter than any other. I don't even think that the "trouble" I have had with it was Ubertwitter trouble either. Seems to me that Twitter is down a lot with Fail Whaling antics...and times when I've been close enough to get to a computer after seeing a delay on Uber I've double checked on the computer to see that the problem was indeed a Twitter problem.

Yatcha was a good concept but a major pain in the *** in my opinion because the way it received messages was similar to being spammed over and again. Quite irritating to have to go thru each message, one by one, to delete them.

TinyTwitter never once worked for me.

Twitterberry wasn't so bad, but didn't like to connect about 60% of the time.

Still awaiting a copy of SocialScope. I feel like I got the shaft. I am on the list but alas, no invite.
    05-04-09 11:30 AM
    That worked!
    07-09-09 09:23 AM
    Ubertwitter is the best so far, I even tried TweetGenius.... Make sure u do hard reset(batt pull) when u download. Dunno if that might be prob but Uber works great so far. Download the newest build @ ubertwitter.com

07-09-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD