Well i was at the verizon store and overheard a representative talking with this lady about the IPhone coming Verizon. He had said that it will be coming in summer or the fall so can anyone confirm this?
    04-20-09 07:53 PM
    Well i was at the verizon store and overheard a representative talking with this lady about the IPhone coming Verizon. He had said that it will be coming in summer or the fall so can anyone confirm this?
    wouldn't count on it. probably a sales person trying to get a deal by getting a new subscriber. its already the end of april, no way apple would wait a month or two to jump ship from at&t's exclusive deal especially with talks of them trying to extend there contract
    04-21-09 09:20 AM
    I read a article the other day (can't find it now) saying that AT&T and Apple were in talks to extend their exclusive contract to 2011 or beyond. Of course neither side will officially confirm anything, so it's just wait and see for now.

As to your question itself; I personally don't see it happening until 2010 at the earliest, and that's only if AT&T/Apple do NOT extend their contract.
    04-21-09 01:20 PM
    att will always have the iphone forever!!!!
    04-22-09 12:21 AM
    The only way Verizon will get the iPhone is if Apple agrees when they have LTE. Besides, Apple wants control of their phone, and Verizon already did not like that idea.
    04-22-09 09:55 AM
    This was talking about in another posting.

The Iphone is comeing to Verizon. I have a source that works for them and he confirmed that it will be comeing some time next year.

When Apple and ATT made the contract for the Iphone. Apple told them that the only way that they can carry the phone was to not brand it. Apple had the plan all a long to release the Iphone with other carriers plus they don't want the carriers messing up the phone programming (like Verizon does with all there phones).
    04-22-09 10:05 AM
    This was talking about in another posting.

The Iphone is comeing to Verizon. I have a source that works for them and he confirmed that it will be comeing some time next year.

When Apple and ATT made the contract for the Iphone. Apple told them that the only way that they can carry the phone was to not brand it. Apple had the plan all a long to release the Iphone with other carriers plus they don't want the carriers messing up the phone programming (like Verizon does with all there phones).
    bullplop, i don't doubt it will come to other carriers but there are no sources with actual intel ready to leak that type of info this early on especially because it still isn't public knowledge the exact length the contract is, its all just speculation
    04-22-09 11:28 AM
    Apple with "No Plans" to Change AT&T iPhone Exclusivity and Other Notes - Mac Rumors

sorry guys, no this year.....i would be a stupid move anyway, once LTE comes around verizon has a way better chance, but apple has no reason for supporting a dead technology (CDMA)
    04-22-09 09:59 PM
    I think ATT will do atthing to keep the iphone. I know their a pretty good company but that is their number1 attraction.
    At least IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 10:18 PM
    I think ATT will do atthing to keep the iphone. I know their a pretty good company but that is their number1 attraction.
    At least IMO.

att can do what they want, but it cant hide the fact that verizon has the most subscribers, meaning alot more money for apple
    04-22-09 10:26 PM
    att will always have the iphone forever!!!!
    Thats all AT&T will have over VZW............
    Thats a good thing could u imagine AT&T w/o VZW and vice versa.
    Us consumers would be screwed.
    04-23-09 08:40 AM
    The only way Verizon will get the iPhone is if Apple agrees when they have LTE. Besides, Apple wants control of their phone, and Verizon already did not like that idea.
    VZW will have the strongest and biggest LTE network.
    04-23-09 08:41 AM
    VZW will have the strongest and biggest LTE network.
    Congratulations. Apple still won't let Verizon control their phone.

04-23-09 09:18 AM
    Apple tells ATT and VZW what to do, not the other way around. Folks need to accept that. Right now ATT is the whipping boy and VZW doesn't want to be soooo.. looks like ATT will have the iPhone for quite some time.
    04-23-09 10:34 AM
    Congratulations. Apple still won't let Verizon control their phone.

I say it once and I'll say it again.
    What good will a million dollar phone be on a fiddy cent network.
    That is gonna be like having a Ferrari and only being able to drive
    in rush hour traffic.
    Before u say it. It is all a matter of who can produce.
    I honestly thought about switching for the iphone.
    I am not a fanboy; also I won't love anything that cannot
    love me back.
    04-23-09 10:54 AM
    in rush hour traffic.
    love me back.
    ATT on my side of the road works flawlessly, hope you are not speaking in general because if you were it would be foolish of you.
    04-23-09 01:17 PM
    ATT on my side of the road works flawlessly, hope you are not speaking in general because if you were it would be foolish of you.
    I am saying overall.
    04-23-09 01:18 PM
    I am saying overall.
    You're a fool.
    04-23-09 01:20 PM
    You're a fool.
    Time will tell my friend
    04-23-09 01:21 PM
    Let me clarify; wireless networks.
    04-23-09 01:23 PM
    Time will tell my friend
    With what ATT service? I have excellent 3G service where I live. In fact I have received excellent service in various cities.
    04-23-09 01:24 PM
    With what ATT service? I have excellent 3G service where I live. In fact I have received excellent service in various cities.
    Let me clarify; when the LTE conversion starts and.
    When it is all said and done thats when we will see whats what.
    Just an fyi I love nothing that cannot love me back.
    Oh and by the way I love for both VZW and AT&T to go
    at it. It makes it better for everyone.
    Can u honestly imagine the cell phone world if there was only
    one giant. Scary thought; u have to agree.
    04-23-09 01:36 PM
    Also note who has the number service when it comes to Consumer Reports, chalk another one up for vzw. **** in alot of places they had alltel and t-mobile ahead of ATT. Yikes.
    04-23-09 02:42 PM
    I've heard that they are not going to release one till at least next year
    04-23-09 03:39 PM
    in rush hour traffic.
    love me back.
    AT&T is not a "fiddy cent" network for me. So I am happy with it staying on AT&T. I can care less about Verizon getting LTE first. I will not switch to a company that cripples their phones. And Apple will NOT let Verizon cripple the iPhone and try to let them mingle their own OS with Mobile OSX. Wont happen. I am fine with HSPA.
    04-23-09 03:56 PM
254 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD