just wondering why u guys choose telus and not rogers or bell...........
    04-20-09 07:38 AM
    well they called me and asked if i wanted a free phone i said sure, and got the blackberry and a nice lil plan with it so thats why im with them and proly will stay with them they have not been to bad to me,

rogers i dont care for but they like to screw u at one point and bell not sure how they are but meh, to me it would not matter what service i was with as long as my blackberry is workin and i can do the things i do now with it u know
    04-20-09 09:52 AM
    I was with rogers before my blackberry. Rogers has very little service where I live abd at the time had horrible data plans. Bell doesn't have anywhere here that you can actually go talk to anyone, its all phone support which I hate.

Telus had a good deal and I was working for them so I got a telus bb. Only a 2 year term so when its up idk if ill stay or go depends on where I'm at.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 12:06 PM
    Telus gave me a free bundle that included text messages, voice mail, caller ID, unlimited web browsing... and other stuff. My bills are cheap. I wouldn't get the same deal with Rogers or Bell.
    04-20-09 01:29 PM
    I've been with Telus since 2000. I can't tell you why I originally went with Telus since it was so long ago but I can tell you why I've stayed with them. during the past 8ish years I have never had a problem with them that wasn't fixed immediately. Their plans are straight forward, fairly priced and easy to choose and change. You can call and change your plan whenever you want without having to renew your contract for an additional 1, 2 or 3 years. My understanding is that you must renew your your contract with rogers if you are changing or downgrading your plan. I just finished helping out my parents change their plans with Rogers and both of them were surprised to find that they were both put into a new 3 year contract.
    Telus sends gifts every once in awhile which is pretty cool. They send me a bluetooth headset or a phone case every once in awhile. They will knock down your monthly bill for you if you have been with them for awhile. When I renewed my plan they knocked like 30% off my bill for 3 years which was good because I couldn't get the storm for free. Telus is pretty understanding and open for negotiation considering it is a huge corp. I found that they have better customer service then Rogers, they have more of logical way of approaching problems. (Judging by my experiences calling Rogers for Internet and Cable problems. )

I don't know much about Bell, I think they would provide about the same level and service as Telus. From what I understand, in Canada it is Bell&Telus vs. Rogers.

I would only go for Rogers if I wanted the ability to switch my phone when I wanted to. (Swap SIM card) Or if I worked, lived in a building that didn't get great reception in it since Roger's network is better through walls, in basements, malls etc.
    04-20-09 01:51 PM
    I'm with Telus because they have service when I travel province wide. My mom had Rogers before and got no service once we were just outside of the city limits. I just finished a quick trip and had my Telus BB and rarely did I get no bars. My mom's Rogers phone had no service 90 percent of the trip. That's what got her to move to Telus with me too.

I also love my huge voice plan - much more than anyone else has. That's why they've kept me. I don't change phones often enough to need GSM and SIM cards.

04-20-09 02:23 PM
    I was with rogers for years....started with them because i had cable with them (was forced to due to the building I lived in)....they screwed up with my bill then cut off all 3 of my services...as soon as i moved, i switched to bell..they are amazing...got a great deal on the storm, my plan is the best possible plan available for a bb user, and i love them...switched all services over to them, ie net, tv, home phone and cell...never been with telus
    04-20-09 02:29 PM
    I don't know about Rogers personally, but when my contract was almost up with Telus, I called Rogers and priced my current plan with a Bold. Over twice as much!

I used to be with Bell or rather Aliant. The service was fine, but there was absolutel� no customer appreciation. No benefits for renewing contracts, even for bringing combining home phone! I went to a Bell store and again priced my plan with Telus. About 1/3rd as much. The CSR tried to sell me on a "Package" deal. When I started asking questions, she explained I wouldn't save any money, but would have the convenience of a single bill each month. Thanks, but I'd rather be inconvenienced by more money each month.

Telus gave me a great deal to renew my contract and has excellent coverage and cs. Only drawback is cdma bb selection, but 4G is coming.

04-20-09 05:07 PM
    I've been with Telus since 2000. I can't tell you why I originally went with Telus since it was so long ago but I can tell you why I've stayed with them. during the past 8ish years I have never had a problem with them that wasn't fixed immediately. Their plans are straight forward, fairly priced and easy to choose and change. You can call and change your plan whenever you want without having to renew your contract for an additional 1, 2 or 3 years. My understanding is that you must renew your your contract with rogers if you are changing or downgrading your plan. I just finished helping out my parents change their plans with Rogers and both of them were surprised to find that they were both put into a new 3 year contract.
    Telus sends gifts every once in awhile which is pretty cool. They send me a bluetooth headset or a phone case every once in awhile. They will knock down your monthly bill for you if you have been with them for awhile. When I renewed my plan they knocked like 30% off my bill for 3 years which was good because I couldn't get the storm for free. Telus is pretty understanding and open for negotiation considering it is a huge corp. I found that they have better customer service then Rogers, they have more of logical way of approaching problems. (Judging by my experiences calling Rogers for Internet and Cable problems. )
    Wow, what did you do to get all that stuff? I have been with Telus since 2001, I have had to demand that they keep my original plan (it's per second billing and free Long distance on weekends, despite the fact they HAVE to let me keep my plan when I renew). The only free thing I have ever gotten was a magnetic mini stuffed monkey (ha!) and have never received any sort of discount. When my new phone started malfunctioning last year (within the first month) I spent hours on the phone having to reset the phone over and over again. I called them again a few weeks ago and they basically said "oh, why didn't you call sooner? Too bad, your warranty is up now" and they say if I want a working phone, I have to buy a new one (minimal discount or pay for a refurb old model) and renew a whole new 3 year contract. HA! yeah right. And to get out of the remaining contract? Only $640 fee. Thanks so much Telus.
    04-21-09 02:27 PM
    I was with Telus for 7 or 8 years and never had any issues with them. I then switched to a Moto Q, and all was still good, then to a HTC Touch. My contract had been up for a year or so and I didn't want to renew one, just buy a phone outright and they would not budge an inch on a Storm. That really ticked me off as I had been there for so long and had 3 phones at once with them. So I bought a new curve through Bell and signed up month to month there and get a way, way better deal on my bill. I save a little over $50/month and get way more features.

04-21-09 06:49 PM
    I had bell but I had very high bills/bad customer "service" and I was constantly having to call in and fix billing issues. That's not my job, it should be right when I get it.

I went to Rogers because GSM = better phones. Their customer service was worse than Bell's, something I never thought would happen. Would take 10 plus transfers to get someone that knew what they were talking about, constantly lied to about credits, etc. But hey, you could get new phones outta them easy. I moved so my choices were Bell or Telus.

I went to Telus expecting just as horrible things, but I was pleasantly surprised. I have had nothing but great experience with their CS's, always credit when needed which is not much because my bills were spot on, and willing to make me happy. The price is right and I really like the help they give me when I need to call. Maybe one or two transferes, but nothing compaired to robbers.
    04-21-09 09:23 PM
    I have been with Telus since 1998, Always had good service from them when I needed it adn they have gone out of their weay to satisfy me when i had issues with a faulty cell phone for my kid. Besides i own shares in the company, so why would i want to support some other competitors company. Also gets the telemarketers off my back too.
    04-21-09 09:52 PM
    b/c Rogers is evil x 10
    and Ma Bell is evil x infinity.
    04-22-09 07:54 PM
    Rogers has very little coverage outside major cities.

Bell has far more expensive data plans than Telus, at least in Nova Scotia.

Telus has half decent customer service, I've never gotten the free gifts mentioned above, but I do get decent discounts whenever I call in. Seems like everytime I call them I get another $5/month off my bill for something.
    04-23-09 01:22 AM
    i have had both rogers and bell phones over the years and found with both companies their service sucked and my bill was never what i expected

so about 5-6 years ago i got myself a mike phone cause a bunch of my friends were getting them and they worked awesome, then when they all started to get rid of them i switched to the PCS network and that was when i bought my Perle and have been loving BB ever since

if i could have telus home phone and internet in my area i would unfortunately they don't have it in Ontario
    04-23-09 09:55 AM
    Hi, I am wondering how I can get a cheaper rate plan from Telus (Canada).
    I have a blackberry pearl 8130 and my current rate plan is about $75/ mth but it increases a lot with my additional airtime minutes.
    my fave 5
    unlimited txt
    voicemail
    caller id
    after 6 evenings and weekends free
    and 100 daytime minutes

my problem is i always go over my daytime minutes... some how it kills me! soo im trying to figure out a way to get a better rating plan. i have seen some of the posts on crackberry and they are pretty impressive the deals that some people have going for them! i am really interested in knowing how i can get a better deal out of telus! i also called telus and told them about the deals that some people have been getting and wondered if i could get the same kind of deal. telus asked me for some of these peoples numbers, but i unfortunately didn't have anyones number soo i didn't get anything out of it! so i was wondering if anyone who has a good deal from telus could let me use their number to help me out! thx
    04-23-09 11:20 AM
    ^^
    Take a close look at your bill. Most people are better off with free incoming minutes as opposed to My Fav 5 when they have early week days and weekends. Also, you can try and get your data plan knocked down. If you've been with them awhile you can usually negotiate a discount on the unlimited data plan. I think their floor rate is $25 (advertised as $45) for unlimited text, email, browsing etc. I have it for $25, ive read them some people have it for $20 but haven't seen it with my own eyes. You may be able to get them to add 50 or 100 bonus minutes to your plan as well. Just call them and be extremely polite. Also, do the research before you call. Check their website and your bill, do the math and figure out what would be the cheapest rate plan before you call. After you determine this, start chipping away at the price.
    If your contract is coming due in the next 6 months you have quite a bit of leverage. Use it cautiously though. If you threaten to go to rogers it will not go over well. They are more likely to help you if you are polite and already know what you are talking about when you call so you dont take up to much of their time.

As for giving the customer service agent someone phone number to reference their plan, I really don't see that helping at. The take calls all day long from hundreds of clients. They know exactly how low they can go with each client. Just call them, if you don't get anywhere with that agent say thank you and hang up, call back the next day and talk to another agent.
    04-23-09 12:29 PM
    i hate telus. i know it sounds ignorant to say that and leave it at that. but i hate telus. hate hate hate. if telus were a person, i'd be happy to allow my thoughts to wander towards the slow painful burning death of it.

i hate telus
    05-06-09 05:43 PM
    Telus is fricken great i was with virgin mobile for years and they never bend they wont even lean a little bit i bought a Pearl 8130 it was a clean phone with clean esn & sku numbers but the pricks wouldnt let me use it so i had to resell it on kijiji then a buddy said talk to his rep at telus so long story short --talked to the telus rep and got the pearl 8130 then talked plans then later at bar telling my buddies lies, lol over beer you bought him for the great advise wooohoooo great phone wanting to upgrade...anyone looking to sell a Curve on telus anyone Myka
    Last edited by myka401; 06-08-09 at 09:15 PM. Reason: first try too jumbled
    05-06-09 06:27 PM
    Telus is fricken great i was with virgen for years and they never mind bend they wont even lean a little i bought a 8130 it was a clean phone but the pricks wouldnt let me use is so i resold it on kijiji then buddy said tell my guy at telus whats they are doing to you so long story short --talked blackberry8130 that took 1 hour gave all numbers on phone esn#,sku# then talked plans 45min.had working bb8130 then at bar telling to youre buddies lies lol over beer you bought him for the great advise all in under 2-1/2 hours prox. wooohoooo great phone wanting to upgrade...anyone looking to sell on telus plan anyone Myka
    I'll sorry, I know I'll sound like a **** for saying this, but I'm having a really difficult time understanding what you're saying basically you are praising Telus? That's cool, and totally fair.

No doubt experiences vary from client to client, but when one such as myself and many others go through the same difficulties as often and consecutively as we do, it just doesn't seem to be mere coincidence.

05-07-09 09:39 AM
    Hi, I am wondering how I can get a cheaper rate plan from Telus (Canada).
    I have a blackberry pearl 8130 and my current rate plan is about $75/ mth but it increases a lot with my additional airtime minutes.
    my fave 5
    unlimited txt
    voicemail
    caller id
    after 6 evenings and weekends free
    and 100 daytime minutes

my problem is i always go over my daytime minutes... some how it kills me! soo im trying to figure out a way to get a better rating plan. i have seen some of the posts on crackberry and they are pretty impressive the deals that some people have going for them! i am really interested in knowing how i can get a better deal out of telus! i also called telus and told them about the deals that some people have been getting and wondered if i could get the same kind of deal. telus asked me for some of these peoples numbers, but i unfortunately didn't have anyones number soo i didn't get anything out of it! so i was wondering if anyone who has a good deal from telus could let me use their number to help me out! thx
    A good idea is to switch from Fav 5 to unlimited incoming, this way if any person calls you you won't get dinged. Just tell the people you know to call you.
    05-07-09 11:37 AM
    I have been with Telus for since they were Clearnet. My monthly bill is $65 all in (including tax and all the other charges). And their service and network has been solid.

Before I got my storm I have chance to switch carriers, I checked bell and rogers. Rogers plans are not for me (no unlimited data plans) plus suspect network. I have seen my girlfriends brothers (who is with rogers) get frustrated with dropped calls. And when I check Bell, the line for complaints and are longer than actual line for people shopping.

So I stayed with Telus.
    05-07-09 11:56 AM
    I've had long term contracts with all of the big three in Ontario. I am staying with telus for the simple fact that they treat me right. My HTC Touch caught fire when I plugged it in 2 weeks after the warranty expired. They offered me a free curve to renew the 3 year contract. The phone support people also seem to know what they are talking about so.... I mean all carriers suck just find the one that sucks the least and go with it.
    05-21-09 08:20 AM
    Telus actually trains their CSR's...their plans are better...but their phone selection sux tho...
    05-24-09 12:31 AM
    101 dropped calls with Bell in 10 months pissed me off to much. Friend had been with Telus since 2002 and hadn't had 1 dropped call that he could recall so I went with them and have only dropped 1 call since (middle of nowhere basically where no one got reception no matter who they were with). Couple friends with Rogers and they seem to have blackouts in some main areas of larger cities so I just went with Telus and am enjoying it.
    06-08-09 06:34 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD