Since I've went to the 4.5 OS's I haven't been able to download BB Maps updates. No USB download allowed via PC and the mobile site says "My device does not meet the system requirements tha are needed to support Blackberry maps"...

Umm, did I miss that memo?

I have other GPS programs, but use BB Maps for something the others (NAV4ALL, Google) don't seem to do. Like show MPH when you're driving. Be cool to have an updated version.

Comments?
    04-19-09 11:11 PM
    Ok... My "Search Fu" skillz are lacking. but, found some stuff on it, no real solution to updates on 4.5 seems?

I suppose the new OS at least gives an updated version as mine does say BB Maps 4.5 as the version...
    04-19-09 11:51 PM
    I always use Loader.exe to install my OSs. Blackberry Maps was an option to install.

If the GPS doesn't work make sure you have it set to Location On, in the Advanced Options Menu.

V962
    04-20-09 09:20 AM
    Yep, it's installed, as I do the same as you. I just go to Blackberry.com to get an update version and it says my "equipment isnt supported".

BUT, it also said that when I tried to download AOL AIM IM from one area of their site, and I finally went in through another page and it loaded from their site with no issues. Weird.

As for GPS, that's set to on, but it still is iffy. If I open just BB Maps, it will often not find the birds.

I use NAv4All and once it opens amd hits the GPS, Google maps and BB Maps work fine... Odd...

Thank you for the input, I appreciate you taking time.
    04-20-09 09:35 AM
    I haven't tried Nav4All or Google Maps, I'll get back to you on the GPS Findings.

V962
    04-20-09 10:12 AM
    I have google maps, however even after the 4.5 update, the GPS does not seem to work with it.

Verizon, btw. Yes, I know vzw locks the damn gps chip. BB Maps seems to search for satellites.
    04-22-09 02:48 PM
    Yeah, yer whacked with Verizon. Ugh...

My Alltel stuff is hit or miss. Once the GPS starts working, BBMaps, Nav4All, and Google maps all work fine. Hits 7-8 birds.

When it don't work, it just searches and does cell tower triangulation.

I need to do the GPS setup stuff they have in the GPS forum area here. Might fix THAT issue.

Since the 4.5 upgrade I did some time ago, Blackberry.com won't let me update BlackberryMaps saying my equipment doesn't support it, haha.

I just seem to get whatever comes in either the OS or what I have in my apps backup. I'll assume it actually comes in the OS as it is BBMaps 4.5
    04-22-09 03:05 PM
    Since I've went to the 4.5 OS's I haven't been able to download BB Maps updates. No USB download allowed via PC and the mobile site says "My device does not meet the system requirements tha are needed to support Blackberry maps"...

Umm, did I miss that memo?

I have other GPS programs, but use BB Maps for something the others (NAV4ALL, Google) don't seem to do. Like show MPH when you're driving. Be cool to have an updated version.

Comments?
    The version of BBMaps that's available for OTA download is for older OS versions. Current OS versions include BBMaps as part of the OS load, so you have to install BBMaps using the App Loader. Run Desktop Manager App Loader and check the box for BBMaps. That will install it.
    04-22-09 11:04 PM
    Ahh, so that's what's up. Thanks Jeff.

I already load it with the apploader on OS install, and noticed it was a "4.5" BBmaps, so I was "somewhat" figuring it came with the OS (or that it possibly was from my 4.2 backup that somehow got updated once).

So, it's installed and runs sorta when the 8830 decides to hit the birds.

I'm just BB OCD and always look for new update for everything when I'm bored. Of course with some hope BB will magically wake up the GPS to work more religiously
    04-23-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD