Hi,
    I'm soo sold on the jb2 and know this really isn't the appropriate place to post but I need some feedback from curve owners using the jawbone2.
    I was reading in the forums about someone who had it running with a bold and when the headset was in standby mode which was like every 15 mins, he'd have to power cycle the headset to receive the call. Does the jb2 suffer from the same issue when paired up with a 8900?
    Feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 03:34 PM
    I have the original JB and use with my 8900, and it works perfectly. I tried the JB2, but it didn't seem to fit my face very well... I've actually heard lots of people say this. Because it's so much smaller and lighter, sometimes the voice activity sensor doesn't manage to stay in contact with your face. This is what I found anyway...

I just realized that I didn't answer your question, but hey... what can you do
    04-19-09 03:42 PM
    Hey I like how you put coordinates as your location, that's an awesome idea!
    04-19-09 03:42 PM
    Hey Alex,I read about that and the eargels not fitting. Igot a short frame so it'll cover me fine and I'm not really fussed about the ear gels, that's the least of my worries. I personally prefer the reg. Headphones as opposed to the inear ones so I can't imagine how this be any worse off for me.
    But I'm concerned about connectivity issue, are there any?

04-19-09 03:57 PM
    Hey I like how you put coordinates as your location, that's an awesome idea!
    He's a copycat...
    04-19-09 04:24 PM
    admad747,

No problem, I have your setup 8900 + JB2. It works as expected.
    04-19-09 04:30 PM
    I'm with Alex on this one.... The original JB worked just fine. I however had to get another earpiece as I've had this for almost a year and a half and I was down to my last earloop and it finally broke about a month ago. I got the Motorola H15 with the same or better noise cancellation as the JB. Not really sure why it would have to keep power cycling that...
    04-19-09 04:41 PM
    It works perfect dude.....as everything else like the T305 Speaker, 3 different laptops, the gps and all of my neighbords devices....
    04-19-09 05:03 PM
    tx for the feedback guys. appeciate it.
    04-19-09 05:06 PM
    He's a copycat...
    @ join date.
    04-19-09 05:15 PM
    @ join date.
    Well, then you beat me to it... @ join date for me as well.
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 04-20-09 at 02:50 AM.
    04-19-09 05:27 PM
    Are Jawbones really that good of a headset? Ive never really used bluetooth before so I dont really know
    04-19-09 11:41 PM
    i had issues with the jawbone2 on the UMA setting of the curve 8320.
    so i returned it and got the blueant instead,

well i now have the curve 8900 and i was wondering if there is still an issue with UMA and jawbone or has it been resolved.

any are there anyother problems that *8900 users have come across as far as the jawbone2 is concerned.

thanks
    08-19-09 08:10 PM
    My husband has one with his 8900 and it works perfect.

08-19-09 09:11 PM
    I had the original jawbone with my 8300, and the sound was the best I could get in a bluetooth headset at the time. When I got my 8900, I also got a jawbone 2. Huge improvement for me in terms of size, balance and fit -- and the sound that was already great improved even more.

As far as I'm concerned, though, the jawbone still lacks in ergonomics and fit right out of the box -- their ear pieces just don't fit me well. However, as with my original jawbone, the fit improves dramatically (for me at least) by replacing the ear piece with a jabra mini-gel. Works perfectly on the jawbone 2, actually improves the sounds (better fit in ear canal), and perfect comfort -- I can wear this combination for hours with no discomfort.

I've tried blueant and others, and in my experience -- and based on reports from people I call -- the jawbone 2 provides the best sound (at both ends of the conversation) of anything I've tried.
    08-20-09 01:21 AM
    I've had both the original jawbone as well as the jawbone 2 and they worked great on the 8320.....until they crapped out. The jawbone just doesn't seem to have a very long lifespan (though in all fairness with the job I have they do take a beating with extreme heat of up to 120F to 130F as well as moisture). Both devices crapped out in about 5 to 6 months. I'm now using the plantronics voyager 520 and the noise cancelation is about the same as the both jawbones (noise cancelation was never that good on the jb though) but the clarity of the sound blows the jawbone out of the water. I've only had the voyager for about a month so I can't say anything of the lifespan of this product but I'll never go back to jawbone again...oh...and the battery life on the voyager is incredible (I've gotten up to 8 hrs of talk time on one charge in one day....most days I get around 7.5 though).

Now if only someone were to make a bluetooth throatmic then I could use that for work and use the voyager for when I'm out and about on my days off.

08-20-09 09:25 AM
    I've had both the original jawbone as well as the jawbone 2 and they worked great on the 8320.....until they crapped out. The jawbone just doesn't seem to have a very long lifespan (though in all fairness with the job I have they do take a beating with extreme heat of up to 120F to 130F as well as moisture). Both devices crapped out in about 5 to 6 months. I'm now using the plantronics voyager 520 and the noise cancelation is about the same as the both jawbones (noise cancelation was never that good on the jb though) but the clarity of the sound blows the jawbone out of the water. I've only had the voyager for about a month so I can't say anything of the lifespan of this product but I'll never go back to jawbone again...oh...and the battery life on the voyager is incredible (I've gotten up to 8 hrs of talk time on one charge in one day....most days I get around 7.5 though).

Now if only someone were to make a bluetooth throatmic then I could use that for work and use the voyager for when I'm out and about on my days off.

I found the clarity of sound, as well as the bass response, improved dramatically when I substituted jabra ear gels for the stock jawbone ear fittings. The standard jawbone parts simply don't fit my ear well enough to get a snug semi-air-tight seal. Also - with the ear gels, ambient noise is reduced and apparent volume increases as well.

After all your posted, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what you do at 120 to 130 degrees? Can you fill us in?
    08-20-09 10:50 AM
    i used the jawbone 2 with my 8900, and i know a few other people that have the same combo. everyone has said that after a few mins on a call, the person your talking to starts sounding like there talking out of a tin can. in my experience, the blueant is the best.
    08-20-09 11:27 AM
    i used the jawbone 2 with my 8900, and i know a few other people that have the same combo. everyone has said that after a few mins on a call, the person your talking to starts sounding like there talking out of a tin can. in my experience, the blueant is the best.
    Interesting to read this -- I never experienced any kind of sound quality drop-off, even on 30 minute phone calls. If anything, I found that people generally couldn't tell that I was using a headset at all when I use the jawbone 2 with the 8900. Maybe it's the version of the OS you're using? I've generally been upgrading to the latest available beta, and was only at the old original release for about a week or two after first getting the 8900.

I also can't imagine a technical reason for the sound quality changing after a few minutes on the phone. Anyone else have ideas about this? Never heard of this before...
    08-20-09 12:50 PM

After all your posted, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what you do at 120 to 130 degrees? Can you fill us in?
    I work for ATT as a tech and sometimes I end up in peoples attics to repair wiring.

08-21-09 01:45 AM
    Ok so I bought the new jawbone 2 and the problem I had before with the use of the jawbone 2 while on UMA calls is now gone.
    The sound quality is amazing.

So in short. The JAWBONE2 works great with the 8900 curve.

Thanks all for the help.

08-21-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD