Has anyone tried these headphones with the storm yet?

HBH-IS800 | Sony Ericsson Stereo Bluetooth� Headset | Sony | SonyStyle USA

I bought them and they feel great. I can wear them all day long. Callers said I sounded fine, they could tell I was on a headset, but still very clear. I could hear them fine. Music was OK. I wasn't expecting anything great based on their size, but it was totally fine. I loved the convenience of them. But...

When i put the phone close to me, either in a pocket, a holster, or in my purse on my shoulder, the sound cuts out. I tried all around me, both sides, front, back, it doesn't matter. The phone and headset were both fully charged. I even tried orienting the phone different ways. This makes them impossible to use when working out or when walking around, unless you hold the phone in your hand.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them. Maybe I just got a bad pair of headphones. I am running the leaked Bell .122 OS on a Verizon phone, in case this makes any difference.

I really am bummed, because I love everything else about these headphones, but this makes them unusable
    04-19-09 12:45 PM
    I can confirm that your earphones are not faulty. I bought a set of HBH-IS800 for my BlackBerry Storm 9500 thinking it is tiny and convenient for listening to music on the Tube to work, but have exactly the same problem you mentioned. It works fine if I leave the phone on the desk or hold the phone in my hands. But if it is in my pocket as soon as I start walking the sound gets cut off frequently. I tried it with the official Vodafone ROM and all the recent leaked beta ROMs with no luck. I googled it, it seems to be an universal problem affecting many Sony Ericsson Bluetooth earphones with BlackBerry Storm.
    04-19-09 01:16 PM
    Shoot. I don't know if I am glad or not to hear that. At least I know it is not me, but I really wanted these to work. Thanks for the reply.
    04-19-09 01:18 PM
    Motorola S9 HD are the best for work outs! Indoors I can go about twenty feet away, outdoors maybe five feet.

Call quality is great and I don't think there is a better sounding headset with a built in amp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 01:28 PM
    I use the DR-BT160AS from Sony right now. Here is a link to them:

DR-BT160AS | Bluetooth� Wireless Headset | Sony | SonyStyle USA

I love these for working out, too. But I was hoping to find something that I could just throw in my purse. I used to have the Motorola S9s, but I found them hard to use with my sunglasses when working out outdoors. Other than that, I really liked them. I haven't tried the S9HDs, but they look to be the same exact form factor, so I am guessing I would still have the same problem.
    04-19-09 02:31 PM
    Has anyone tried these headphones with the storm yet?

HBH-IS800 | Sony Ericsson Stereo Bluetooth� Headset | Sony | SonyStyle USA

I bought them and they feel great. I can wear them all day long. Callers said I sounded fine, they could tell I was on a headset, but still very clear. I could hear them fine. Music was OK. I wasn't expecting anything great based on their size, but it was totally fine. I loved the convenience of them. But...

When i put the phone close to me, either in a pocket, a holster, or in my purse on my shoulder, the sound cuts out. I tried all around me, both sides, front, back, it doesn't matter. The phone and headset were both fully charged. I even tried orienting the phone different ways. This makes them impossible to use when working out or when walking around, unless you hold the phone in your hand.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them. Maybe I just got a bad pair of headphones. I am running the leaked Bell .122 OS on a Verizon phone, in case this makes any difference.

I really am bummed, because I love everything else about these headphones, but this makes them unusable
    Came across this post (http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/blu...cising-212129/) just now. The Motorola's advice of putting the phone "above the waist" might be a good idea.
    04-22-09 05:43 PM
    Any ideas how to wear the phone above the waist but not an arm band. It may seem silly but I don't want the tan lone from an arm band. But I will give this idea a shot. Thanks.
    04-22-09 06:07 PM
    Any ideas how to wear the phone above the waist but not an arm band. It may seem silly but I don't want the tan lone from an arm band. But I will give this idea a shot. Thanks.
    I agree. Wearing it with an arm band will make you look quite odd. I tried to keep it in the jacket pocket. It works better (but still gets cut off sometimes), however you risk dropping it accidentally if the pocket is not deep enough. A shirt pocket will probably do the trick. But some people strongly against the idea of keeping their phone so close to their heart. Also it seems to work fine in the outer pocket of a suitcase or backpack. That is where I keep mine nowadays.

I just spent some time in the Bluetooth Central section (http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/). The same problem seems to happen a lot regardless the brand of headphones.
    04-22-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD