• all the time

3 17.65%
  • sometime

4 23.53%
  • never

9 52.94%
  • just started seeing issue

1 5.88%
    I am sick of this storm. 4 phones in 2 months and now verizon wants to put me in htc. issue,,the phone resets itself 6-7 times a day,randomly. Restarts fine but it is annoying. Also I record using the storm video and it states "cannot read format" about 1/2 the time. I have been with store technical, verizon tech and RIM. They all blame each other but after three phones they will not give another,they want you to move to another phone. Verizon made a crappy deal with RIM that Rim doesnt have to buy back their defective phones. Verizon states a "patch is coming" but RIM has NO IDEA what they are talking about. I have reset, deleted apps, done everything they have said. Before I leave the blackbery forever and go to UGGGHH Iphone,,,any ideas???????? thanks
    04-19-09 10:44 AM
    I am sick of this storm. 4 phones in 2 months and now verizon wants to put me in htc. issue,,the phone resets itself 6-7 times a day,randomly. Restarts fine but it is annoying. Also I record using the storm video and it states "cannot read format" about 1/2 the time. I have been with store technical, verizon tech and RIM. They all blame each other but after three phones they will not give another,they want you to move to another phone. Verizon made a crappy deal with RIM that Rim doesnt have to buy back their defective phones. Verizon states a "patch is coming" but RIM has NO IDEA what they are talking about. I have reset, deleted apps, done everything they have said. Before I leave the blackbery forever and go to UGGGHH Iphone,,,any ideas???????? thanks
    Had the some problem on .75 I wipe and installed .109 OS and no more problems. I would suggest installing .122 I haven't had time to do it yet but from the way it sounds it is good to go. .122 is also an official release just not approved by Verizon yet (if ever). My storm was randomly rebooting about every 20-30 mins before I upgraded since upgrading I think it may have rebooted once randomly and it was after I put a semi sketchy theme on it. If you can't live with it any longer I would say try to go with a curve and wait for the 9630.
    04-19-09 11:04 AM
    what os are you running? try one of the leaks .113 or bell's official .122 if you are still running .75
    04-19-09 11:06 AM
    i had .113 and now i have .122 and dey both r good man, try dat like itz ben said already but my fone wuz werkin great on .75 also. 4 sum reason i think .113 iz more stable doe
    04-19-09 11:09 AM
    upgrade your OS. we all had that same problem with resets on .75, that is why we all upgraded! .113 is the most stable one so far. do it, you will not have to get a new phone anymore
    04-19-09 01:06 PM
    never had any issues like described with any OS, that includes .75 also
    04-19-09 01:10 PM

Did all the phones reset themselves 6-7 times a day or did you have different problems with all of them? I had one of the first batches of strorms and it did reset itself before I upgraded the os to .113. After the upgrade Ive had no problems at all. Are you installing the same apps on all the phones? Maybe you should start listening to the people on here and actually update your OS to .113 or .122, they both seem to be fine overall, instead of listening to the tech people at the store. They never seem to give good advice and they would never tell you to put a leaked OS on your phone.
    04-19-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD