Just thought I'd point out that Best Buy has the Bold in their Sunday ad for $199 w/ upgrade. Cheaper than ATT's 399 - 100 rebate = 299. If you were waiting on upgrading, go do so now!

Here's the link to the ad

Click on weekly ad and go to PAGE 14.
    Last edited by joelpatrick; 04-19-09 at 09:07 AM.
    04-19-09 09:04 AM
    Thats a good price...I paid the $440 with the $100 rebate myself,But it was still all worth it..: )
    04-19-09 09:05 AM
    I says in the fine print: Instant savings on phones and broadband cards require activation through Best Buy on new lines of service with 2-year agreement on each line.

So I guess the $199 isn't for existing customers but for new customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 09:21 AM
    Stefan the $199 is the price for new customers and customers who qualify for an upgrade.

On a side note I really wish I had waited. I paid $279 a little over a month ago. Damn you Best Buy.

04-19-09 09:27 AM
    I says in the fine print: Instant savings on phones and broadband cards require activation through Best Buy on new lines of service with 2-year agreement on each line.

So I guess the $199 isn't for existing customers but for new customers.

Read further down as it says:

"The Qualified Upgrade Price requires a new 2-year agreement for qualified existing customers."

I've upgraded at Best Buy before. I never knew at the time that I could upgrade at a normal store just as I could at an ATT store, but it's just the same and no stinking rebates!
    04-19-09 09:32 AM
    Damn. Think I can return my Bold to the AT&T store? I've only had it for 14 days. But I already sent in the $100 rebate form and stuff.

04-19-09 09:54 AM
    I saw this too. Unfortunately my local Best Buy sold out. Do you think they could order it special for me? Would Radioshack match that price? I was told they can order it for me. I know AT&T doesn't do price matches.
    04-19-09 10:47 AM
    Thank you joel! I just went out and got one. Brand new.
    04-19-09 02:06 PM
    OMG!! This is what happens when someone steals my Saturday NY Times with the ads... I don't get to see this!

Now I think I really am going to get the Bold for this price! What AT&T has right now is ridiculous and someone on the A train, with an AT&T bag and relatively new Bold, told me he got a $100 AT&T gift card, not even a rebate check!
    04-19-09 02:11 PM
    wow... i want one unfortunately im stuck with sprint..
    04-19-09 02:12 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Good info for those that have been waiting for a good deal to drop.
    04-19-09 02:14 PM
    Crap! I wonder if Verizon will ever carry the Bold...

04-19-09 02:19 PM
    Is that really a good price? I paid $150 with upgrade in November 08. I think you should be able to get it for less from the carrier.

04-19-09 02:22 PM
    ^^^ Sadly no
    This might have been because you bought it when it came out and wanted to sell it.

They are offering it for $399 plus a $100 rebate VISA CARD. $299 at the end.
    I just called a local store and the guy asked if I was going to go in and get it and I flat out said "no, Im going to Best Buy 'cause they have it for $200."
    04-19-09 02:30 PM
    Remember the online offer for a free refurb Bold. I think it applies to new customers only. But there are ways around it.

Get Started - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    04-19-09 02:47 PM
    Thanks Joel. I upgraded yesterday for 299. Went back today for the 100 refund.
    04-19-09 03:14 PM
    This is great! I'm eligible for my upgrade (from my Curve 8310) on Wednesday, so the timing is perfect. Thanks for the heads up!
    04-19-09 04:14 PM
    Thanks for the heads up Joel. I purchased my Bold on April 2. I went back today and received $109.00 refund and I am an existing customer.
    04-19-09 08:15 PM
    04-19-09 08:43 PM
    Damn. Think I can return my Bold to the AT&T store? I've only had it for 14 days. But I already sent in the $100 rebate form and stuff.

Yep, you can still return your Bold to the store since you are within the 30 day return period. They'll just cancel your rebate, make sure you make them reverse your upgrade (if you got it as an upgrade). upgrade reversal takes about 3 business days. Good luck
    04-19-09 08:59 PM
    WTF I got my bold last week for 280 does Bestbuy offer a rebate if they change prices within a month like that?
    04-19-09 10:38 PM
    Crap! I wonder if Verizon will ever carry the Bold...

Nope thats what the Nigara is. The bold was only designed for GSM networks so the bold will never be on verizon nor will it be able to work on verizon.
    04-19-09 10:41 PM
    Thank you so much for posting this! I'll be going to Best Buy tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to the Bold using my brother's (family plan) eligible upgrade.
    04-20-09 12:56 AM
    I see a few questions on here that I could be of assistance with
    If you bought your bold at another store and are interested it returning it and getting one from bestbuy unfortunatly you can't do it that way.
    The system that we use does not show upgrade reversals all it shows is the day that you did your upgrade on, so I suggest not wasting your time with that and just see if your able to get your store to price match best buy, you should be able to get them to do it just make sure that you know the price match policy ahead of time and be prepared to argue and what not about features and ****, just stand your ground and explain that it is a raw deal no add ons required and no rebates.
    For those of you that already bought your bold at bestbuy, just bring in your sales receipt and we will refund you the difference simple as that.
    If anyone has questions about this feel free to Pin me or email me at my addy below.

04-20-09 09:19 AM
    Where can I find the price match policy for AT&T?

04-20-09 09:43 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD