I'm having a hard time deciding which browser to use. I am very impressed with the BB Browser's speed on the 8900 right now, but I want to see what the hype for Bolt and Opera Mini is. Can someone please let me know ?

WHich of the three is the best to have.
    04-18-09 01:34 PM
    I'm having a hard time deciding which browser to use. I am very impressed with the BB Browser's speed on the 8900 right now, but I want to see what the hype for Bolt and Opera Mini is. Can someone please let me know ?

honestly, depends on the websites you browse, they all do different things great.

ive never tried bolt on my 8320 but i use opera mini for big, advanced websites with forums and such. i use BB browser for more simple websites like wiki and stuff.

they are all free, so download the 2 and try your websites
    04-18-09 02:18 PM
    BB Browser! But it does lack in some features, but no big deal. Only browser I use and will always use. With page view you can basically view the pages just the same as Bolt or Opera.

--HeavyC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 02:20 PM
    @trev,is using opera mini free? I thought it was just the default browser,what other apps are free to use that use an internet connection?

04-18-09 02:33 PM
    Bolt and OM are both free download and find out.

Can't hurt anything.

04-18-09 02:37 PM
    I've been a long time Opera Mini user...but since the latest Bolt version came out that addressed the lagging cursor, I ended up unloading OperaMini. Bolt is a great browser for viewing most any webpage.

I use the BB browser for most handheld-specific sites, but when I want to see a full page...Bolt is my go to browser.

C.

04-18-09 02:46 PM
    Bolt is really great for everything, and the BB browser is great for mobile sites.
    04-18-09 08:22 PM
    I've downloaded Opera several times and can't get it to synchronize. I would love something that makes forum website navigation easier.
    04-18-09 10:40 PM
    I've downloaded Opera several times and can't get it to synchronize. I would love something that makes forum website navigation easier.
    Try Bolt.
    10char
    04-18-09 10:43 PM
    where do i go to get the bolt browser can someone send me a link please?!
    04-18-09 11:14 PM
    just google bolt browser, I have it up and running, so far I'm liking it better than opera
    04-18-09 11:15 PM
    I'm with trev, I use the bb browser for mobile sites and OM for sites that ate graphic heavy.

04-18-09 11:20 PM

I really prefer surfing on Blackberry's default browser.
    04-18-09 11:25 PM
    just to make sure bolt is still beta right?
    04-18-09 11:31 PM
    Though I haven't tried Bolt, I love Mini Opera. I find that it runs a lot faster than BB Browser for pages that are image-heavy, but the BB Browser works just fine for mobile-specific sites.
    04-19-09 12:36 AM
    I think the blackberry browser is the browser of choice its gotten a lot better. I don't need opera mini or bolt to get what I want out of my browser anymore. It supports the full html and a zoom that's all I really needed.

04-19-09 08:25 AM
    I definitely ruled out the Bolt after trying it. I've used Opera and BB browser for some years now. I need them both for now. I think down the road, that the BB browser will catch up and put Opera to rest. For now, I have to use both.
    04-19-09 09:22 AM
    The BB Browser works good for mobile sites. I had Bolt before, and I loved it. I haven't tried the new BETA version yet. I've never tried Opera Mini. Seems like I'll download it...
    04-19-09 10:15 AM
    For some reason, I keep coming back to Opera Mini. BB browser freezes whenever I try to load big pages and its just to slow for most pages I visit. Youtube is about the only time I use it.
    04-19-09 12:58 PM
    Opera Mini has been my main browser for some time now. I haven't had any problems with it. I rarely use the BB browser unless it defaults to it.

04-19-09 01:03 PM
    Downloaded the bolt browser. While I still prefer the BB browser, between Opera * Bolt, I think I prefer Bolt.
    04-19-09 06:07 PM
    Bolt seems legit.. Im very glad I downloaded it. Its better than the BB browser and WAY better than than opera mini
    04-20-09 12:41 AM
    My preferred choice is Opera mini, have used it for many years now on different phones, nice UI... loads better then Bolt, and I find it much faster then the default bb browser...but that could be due to fact I haven't got an Edge connection on T-mobile in the UK.

Bolt seems very unpolished at the moment.. plus I need a magnifying glass to read anything on the pages it displays.

I only ever use the BB browser, when I need to download something or when I have the patience; view image heavy pages....damn I hate waiting for scripts to load, then images to load... so frustrating.

I keep hearing about this upcoming browser called Skyfire, which apparently will blow all three mentioned out of the water... but then again they said Bolt would do that too...
    04-20-09 05:44 AM
    I've been a long time Opera user, and I recently switched to Bolt, and i gotta say it works really well.

Like The Gift said, it seems very unpolished. But then again it is a beta still, and I guess its still in development.
    04-20-09 07:33 AM
    I prefer the native BB browser !
    04-20-09 08:28 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD