On this storm you barely have to touch it for the screen to click. I do not have to push down hard at all. The screen barely clicks, kinda like a regular touch screen. Is this normal?
    04-18-09 07:11 AM
    On this storm you barely have to touch it for the screen to click. I do not have to push down hard at all. The screen barely clicks, kinda like a regular touch screen. Is this normal?
    You should be able to tell a distinct difference between touching the screen and clicking it in order for you to be able to select things on the screen versus clicking on something. If there's not enough difference, you may have a hardware issue that requires a replacement.

In addition, you may find that certain portions of the screen will be non-responsive if the adjustment isn't correct.
    04-18-09 07:16 AM
    i can tell the difference in touching and clicking, BUT its a very small depression on the click. Middle has a deeper click than the edges. Does this sound okay???
    04-18-09 07:28 AM
    It's definitely subjective. If you're happy with it, I'd ignore it. If you're unsure as to its performance, get it replaced. Mine barely moves as well but it feels right, if you can picture that. All of the corners move equally with no specific location on the screen moving any less than another.
    04-18-09 07:33 AM
    get your hands on a T6 torx driver and loosen the screen screws.

i did it and it made a huge click-difference
    04-18-09 07:57 AM
    which screws? if i take off the battery i see one screw, is this it? where are the screen screws? So this is fixable? It seems to work fine, i am just not getting a solid click in the corner by the battery button or on side 123(botom left). however if I click it it works, just not solid.
    Last edited by tbdbuckeyeitl; 04-18-09 at 08:09 AM.
    04-18-09 08:02 AM
    Yea where are they? I think mine need to be tight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 08:11 AM
    which screws? if i take off the battery i see one screw, is this it? where are the screen screws?
    yes they're the screws that kind of look like stars. theres one showing and the other one is covered by a small red sticker with a minus sign. use a pin to take it off.
    04-18-09 08:11 AM
    do i tighten or lossen, screen is pretty tight right now?
    04-18-09 08:15 AM
    loosen it.

If ur not up for that, try putting a small piece of card underneath the battery, this will perform the same kinda fix.
    04-18-09 08:37 AM
    if phone is up and down its the top left corner. Which one do i turn the one under the stcker or not under the sticker?
    04-18-09 08:39 AM
    I got a 4 dollar tork screw . It works fine now, THANKS!! There is no problems that wil occur with the phone now is there? Thanks
    04-18-09 10:42 AM
    Its a pretty common problem... I did the same, only adjusting the one that is not covered by the sticker and it has been working flawlessly for months now. I've had friends take their Storm in to be replaced because of this problem. I'm curious to know if others who have done this, and ALSO removed the sticker and adjusted the other screw, can you fine tune it even more? I know the sticker can be removed and put back on but in case I had to deal with a REAL warranty issue, I didn't want any trouble. So... does adjusting the OTHER screw make it even better? Lemme know... Thanks in advance!
    04-18-09 11:04 AM
    i had screen click issues too and i just took mine to verizon and had to try out3 different storms until the screen felt just right. when i say just right i mean it clicks the same all the way around the screen even the edges. my gf's storm which was bought at the same time clicks perfectly. nobody should have to loosen any screws or ghetto rig the screen to make it click right. thats just my opinion. as stated previously the feel of the "screen click" is very subjective. i'd advise you take it back if you are worried about any possible warranty issues because of personal modifications you have made. although i doubt any tech at verizon is gonna know you loosened some screws lol.
    04-18-09 11:12 AM
    Does anyone know which of the torx screws ease/change the bottom of the screen? ie. left =top or bottom right = top or bottom? Or do they adjust each side? My screen clicks well all over except for the centre bottom where it feels tight and pushes down less.
    TIA.
    PSI have searched for this info but whatever I put in to the search box returns 100's of pages of 'screen' posts and I've trawled for three weeks now.
    04-19-09 04:56 PM
    i took mine back, and my new one workd great except for bottom center. Any fixes, or is this normal?
    04-19-09 07:08 PM
    yea the bottom center kinda feels funny on mine too. i havent been able to fix it.
    04-19-09 07:16 PM
    so the bottom center its normal not to get a pure click?
    04-19-09 07:21 PM
    I was not sure about the whole loosening the screws thing so I did the business card trick to get my corners to click properly.
    04-20-09 12:16 AM
    I had the same problem, tried the paper behind battery method, did work, but i would rather prefer a much integrated solution. So i turned couple of screws in the back, and now it works like a charm! highly recommended! you would need a T-6 torque driver though.. you can find that at most hardware store.
    04-20-09 02:32 AM
    So for the record so we all know....seems after using it a bit, the center bottom loses some sensitivity where you don't get as pronounced a click as you would dead center? If this is so, what screw should be turned for best possible results for nice even click all the way around, and is it best to loosen (turn counter-clockwise) or tighten (Turn Clockwise) for the best results?

I am the type that would tighten or loosen one screw and set everything else off from where it should be
    04-20-09 03:13 PM
    I replaced mine twice and the 3rd storm clicks perfectly. There is also a variation of the card trick that works quite well called the civic dots fix. You'll find it in the how to forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 03:21 PM
    Does anyone know which of the torx screws ease/change the bottom of the screen? ie. left =top or bottom right = top or bottom? Or do they adjust each side? My screen clicks well all over except for the centre bottom where it feels tight and pushes down less.
    TIA.
    PSI have searched for this info but whatever I put in to the search box returns 100's of pages of 'screen' posts and I've trawled for three weeks now.
    So does anyone out there know which screw adjusts what . . . .
    04-20-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD