Hi, guys. Long time Crackberry Addict, short time actually posting stuff. I just got my Bold, used to have the Pearl 8100. I love the Bold so far, but I just noticed something... where's the shortcut for Bluetooth? My Pearl used to have the on/off and setup shortcuts but the Bold doesn't. All responses are appreciated!
    04-17-09 05:58 PM
    Manage connections > check bluetooth on or off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 06:05 PM
    Thanks for the help, I just figured out another way to do it. I went into the Setup folder and just moved the icon to the home folder, lol..
    04-17-09 06:09 PM
    you could also set one of the side buttons like i did to open manage connections instead of scrolling to find the icon
    04-17-09 06:26 PM
    Quicklaunch which only costs $5 allows you to install a bluetooth toggle on its menu. It allows a wifi toggle as well. I find that the handiest way to deal with both issues. Go to NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    04-17-09 07:58 PM
    Quicklaunch which only costs $5 allows you to install a bluetooth toggle on its menu. It allows a wifi toggle as well. I find that the handiest way to deal with both issues. Go to NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    he can click on it for FREE from the home screen in under 1 second
    04-17-09 08:00 PM
    Interesting.
    04-17-09 09:09 PM
    Question: after pairing the device, why do you need to use this icon?

I just physically power my earpiece on and off as needed.

04-17-09 10:13 PM

Exactly. I just leave Bluetooth on all of the time. It's only affecting the battery when it's actually being used, so I don't see the diff or the need for paying $5 for a shortcut or app to turn it on.

04-17-09 10:55 PM
    i leave mine on 24/7 and just power off my headset when not in use. i never notice any battery loss due to it being on all the time. so why not just leave it on. wi-fi on the other hand i think does drain, as its actively searching for connections all the time, isnt it?
    04-18-09 04:49 AM
    I wouldn't spend $5 just to obtain a bluetooth toggle. However, I find the program very useful to launch my frequently used apps and one of the options it has is to place a bluetooth toggle and wifi toggle on the QuickLaunch menu.

I had always thought that leaving the bluetooth active did drain the battery. It certainly did on my Nokia E61. H
    04-18-09 07:19 AM
    wi-fi on the other hand i think does drain, as its actively searching for connections all the time, isnt it?
    No. I leave my wifi on. What I did was manage my list of wifi network profiles to only the ones I use.
    For example when I get home, I'm automatically on wifi because It's on my Networks list.

I used to have the Public City (Philly) wifi on my Network list, so as I traveled the city it would constantly search for a signal. I have since deleted that network.

So now my wifi only connects when I get home or go to my brothers home. It does not search for any network that's not listed in my profile.
    04-18-09 09:32 AM

I use a headset (Plantronics Voyager 815) that supports multi-point connections (ie 1 headset for 2 phones). If my headset connects with my second phone (a Centro) before the BB, the BB won't connect with it automatically. I have to do it manually so a shortcut is nice.
    04-29-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD