The good news is that my Jeep is great fun in the summer with no doors or top on.
    The bad news is that I can't hear much for the wind noise and anyone I'm calling struggles to hear me over the noise. Even at low speed phone use is nearly pointless. What I need is simply the best noise and wind cancelling headset. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    02-27-08 09:58 AM
    I'm a jeep owner as well. I'd love to hear the feedback on this as well. I've all but given up on using my phone in the summertime while in my Jeep.
    02-27-08 11:03 AM
    jawbone! best by far
    02-27-08 12:06 PM
    I have a Jeep ('05 Rubicon Unlimited) and the Jawbone headset. I can assure you the Jawbone is useless with the top down; or windows down for that matter. The headset just cannot tolerate any wind passing across the microphone; be it in a vehicle or standing in a mild breeze. But with everything buttoned up, it can eliminate all the noise from the tires and flapping softtop. I had hoped the recently released Invisio Q7 from Nextlink would be the answer, but, while it isn't affected by wind, it just doesn't work well at all. One call recipient said I sounded like an adult in the Peanuts cartoons - whawha wha wha whaawhaaa. So I too am still looking for a headset that can deal with a seriously windy environment.
    03-03-08 02:18 PM
    Samsung WEP430 Sporty Bluetooth Headset from the cb store i wonder if this would be any good it says its for outdoor activities ?
    03-03-08 02:54 PM
    Mine is an '05 RME (basically a Sahara).
    Looks like we're going to have to wait awhile for noise cancelling technology to catch up to the extreme demands we put on equipment.
    03-03-08 10:21 PM
    i have a 05 jgc with 3in lift and i do take her off road
    03-04-08 05:31 AM
    I'm also interested in finding a head set that will work with the top of my Jeep down. (05 Rubicon Unlimited on Steroids)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 06:04 AM
    I have a Solara Convertible and my BT is the Plantronics 510 with Windsmart technology. While not perfect, it performs rather well on the highway with the top down. My wife tells me that she hears me loud and clear and I have no problem hearing her.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD