How do I delete some of the factory apps that came on the phone like, shop tunes, community, music apps, shop tones, shop games, shop graphics, shop applications, get AT&T navigator, streaming music, musicID, shop themes, shop multimedia, push to talk? I have never used any of them, and don't even know what most of them are.

Thanks
    04-17-09 01:18 PM
    options/advanced options/applications. It creates a list. Highlight one and press BB key, choose delete.

Works that way on 8330...might be a start point for you. Good luck.
    04-17-09 01:22 PM
    Yep and most prompt you to restart your device too. Its better to delete them all and then restart once. Just FYI

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 01:24 PM
    Most of the above listed apps are not listed in that "created apps list" that is what is so wierd.

Thanks
    04-17-09 01:25 PM
    Hmm now that I think of it I don't think that software that AT&T put on your phone would be easy to take off tho. They want your money. I know it takes up memory but I don't think too much to have you worried. I just hid all my icons that I didn't use. That works for me.

04-17-09 01:30 PM
    what apps are you looking to get rid of? some you just cant because they are pushed by your provider and are in your service books. so, even if you go to dm and delete them there, they will show back up when you send your service books.
    04-17-09 01:31 PM
    Basically all the ones I listed above
    04-17-09 01:43 PM
    hey, i didnt even notice that.. its been one of those days.. yeah, all of the att apps can only be hidden... as long as you dont click on them and download them they wont be taking up too much memory..
    04-17-09 01:45 PM
    although, you can get rid of some with crackmem, i think they will just come back when you send your books..
    04-17-09 01:46 PM
    I know some of the apps are different names same program for alltel but I can delete them and they get pushed back before the end of the day I wonder if there is a way to block your carrier from pushing that garbage on you after you get rid of it.
    04-17-09 01:47 PM
    you could turn off your data i guess, but that would kinda defeat the purpose of having data.. theres no stopping it.. just hide them.
    04-17-09 01:49 PM
    I will try hiding them then, what a stupid waste of space and memory.

If I want ti find themes, I'll look for themes. If I want to shop music, I;ll shop for music, if I want to shop tunes, I'll shop tunes, you know what I mean. I am just tired of looking at them. I will hide them

Thanks as always.
    04-17-09 01:54 PM
    What a frickin joke!! You can't even hide them, you hit hide, and they are there just shadowed, instead of colored. This crap should be illegal. I mean c'mon at least let me get this crap off my phone if I want.
    04-17-09 01:57 PM
    yeah.. im not sure how many people out there actually use those apps.. why would i want to go to an att or sprint store to look for music/pics/apps. i would much rather do a little bargain shopping and or find the stuff for free.. im sure there are s*ckers out there that do that though..
    04-17-09 01:59 PM
    What a frickin joke!! You can't even hide them, you hit hide, and they are there just shadowed, instead of colored. This crap should be illegal. I mean c'mon at least let me get this crap off my phone if I want.
    hit menu again and uncheck show all. that will fix that.
    04-17-09 02:00 PM
    I know some of the apps are different names same program for alltel but I can delete them and they get pushed back before the end of the day I wonder if there is a way to block your carrier from pushing that garbage on you after you get rid of it.
    Me too but I doubt it. I tried deleting Bell's crap twice I think before I realized it wasn't going to happen. I just hid them all in a folder.
    04-17-09 02:03 PM
    Oh you are brilliant!! Man if you were here right now I'd give you a big hug!!

Thanks man

Oh and by the way I am a dude, I don't really want to hug you, you know its just an expression.
    04-17-09 02:08 PM
    dudes can hug it out.. no problem..lol
    04-17-09 02:13 PM
    I just make a folder called unused, move all the crap into it, and then hide that. Nice and clean

04-17-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD