finally getting around to this thread. the colorware guys truly work magic. other than my storm having been away for too long while this was done, they did a great job and it was worth the wait. i'd definitely recommend if you'd like to take customizing to the next level.

the only negative...warranty is kinda out the window now, so i'm strapped to this storm. not really worried about that though. spare storms are easy to come by. i was already careful with the phone, but now i pay extra attention to make sure i don't risk damaging it. i've re-applied my GA skin so that provides some comfort. might also end up getting an incipio case for the times when extra protection is needed. but why cover up such beauty?

without further delay here are the pics...

04-17-09 10:04 AM
    Very cute!!
    04-17-09 10:43 AM
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    04-17-09 11:10 AM
    diggin the blue on the front. the rest not so much.
    04-17-09 11:19 AM
    How long did it take before you got it back?
    04-17-09 11:22 AM
    Very cute!!
    thanks. looks better in person.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    i concur.

diggin the blue on the front. the rest not so much.
    thought about doing the whole thing blue, but wanted to switch it up. the back is a powder blue color but changes up depending on angle and lighting.

How long did it take before you got it back?
    three weeks...
    04-17-09 11:36 AM
    finally getting around to this thread. the colorware guys truly work magic. other than my storm having been away for too long while this was done, they did a great job and it was worth the wait. i'd definitely recommend if you'd like to take customizing to the next level.

the only negative...warranty is kinda out the window now, so i'm strapped to this storm. not really worried about that though. spare storms are easy to come by.
    I thought about it. They do look nice. I'd like a white one. But I just thought about dropping it, and then the paint chips.

On the warranty, just claim "lost" on insurance. If the phone still works, you can unlock and sell cheap to an AT&T friend. Also, I've made 2 insurance claims on a Storm, and they send the ENTIRE phone. Unopened box. All cables, even an 8gb microSD. can't beat it for 50 bucks, and if you water damage the CWed Storm, you can swap the case to the insurance claim.....
    04-17-09 12:04 PM

three weeks...
    OMG
    If I decide to do it maybe mid summer first a b/u phone.
    I would rock da silver n black.

A spurned old L.A. Raider fan
    04-17-09 12:13 PM
    I thought about it. They do look nice. I'd like a white one. But I just thought about dropping it, and then the paint chips.

On the warranty, just claim "lost" on insurance. If the phone still works, you can unlock and sell cheap to an AT&T friend. Also, I've made 2 insurance claims on a Storm, and they send the ENTIRE phone. Unopened box. All cables, even an 8gb microSD. can't beat it for 50 bucks, and if you water damage the CWed Storm, you can swap the case to the insurance claim.....
    I think that if you claim lost, that device will not be able to be activated. The MEID HEX goes into a database. It is to prevent users from claiming "lost" and getting devices to sell, which is a INSURANCE SCAM!!!!! If you do claim "lost" then you will still get a replacement and have a parts device. Which you could take the shell off of and put it on your new one.

Other than that, I just bought a second Storm to send in to Colorware, I am am torn between a couple colors. Thanks for the pics, I will be considering the blue that you have on the front. Which blue id that???

Thanks again
    04-17-09 12:18 PM
    hence the GA skin and the reason i might get a case. it's inevitable it will eventually get dropped, but hopefully it will be on a soft surface or fall on a part of the case that's protected. so far the GA skin has kept my storm pristine for the 5 months i've had it. only place it's not skinned is on the bezel, buttons, and screen. the few drops it has had left no damage at all.

04-17-09 12:57 PM
    OMG
    If I decide to do it maybe mid summer first a b/u phone.
    I would rock da silver n black.

A spurned old L.A. Raider fan
    as long as you're not a spurs fan it's ok.
    04-17-09 12:59 PM
    as long as you're not a spurs fan it's ok.
    Bite your tounge.....................

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dub C all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-17-09 01:01 PM
    If you do claim "lost" then you will still get a replacement and have a parts device. Which you could take the shell off of and put it on your new one.
    not that i would do that, but a less scrupulous person might agree with you.

Other than that, I just bought a second Storm to send in to Colorware, I am am torn between a couple colors. Thanks for the pics, I will be considering the blue that you have on the front. Which blue id that???

Thanks again
    top and bottom is midnight blue metallic, bezel is steel metallic, back and sides are power blue metallic. the color options are dizzying. you could easily spend a lot of time going back and forth over which to choose.
    04-17-09 01:07 PM
    looks real good!
    04-17-09 01:09 PM
    not that i would do that, but a less scrupulous person might agree with you.
    ...I called it INSURANCE FRAUD!! this is NOT something I would either doo or encourage someone to do. Hence that is why I have purchased an second device for a backup, just in case. And I have one that I can ge colorwared!
    04-17-09 03:53 PM
    I was thinking of just buying the bezel from somewhere and doing it myself. I can't go 3 weeks without my phone.
    04-17-09 03:59 PM
    That's a very cool looking phone BzB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 05:45 PM
    I really dig the blue and silver but not the color on the back.

Great work though.
    04-17-09 05:49 PM
    That thing is F*cking sick! If I didn't have an otterbox I would definitely invest!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 05:53 PM
    That's not a Storm. It's too sexy to be a Storm.
    04-17-09 09:45 PM
    i really like the color on the back.. nice
    04-17-09 09:48 PM
    No offense, but that's hideous.
    04-17-09 09:48 PM
    I think that if you claim lost, that device will not be able to be activated. The MEID HEX goes into a database. It is to prevent users from claiming "lost" and getting devices to sell, which is a INSURANCE SCAM!!!!! If you do claim "lost" then you will still get a replacement and have a parts device. Which you could take the shell off of and put it on your new one.
    Just a note from one of the VZW forum rats, this is indeed the case. You report to Asurion, we're not taking any action on that device. And yes, we can tell.

As for colorware: Pretty!
    04-18-09 12:18 AM
    3 weeks to paint a phone? I've had cars painted in less time....weird...
    04-18-09 07:10 AM
    good feedback.

i agree having a spare bb would make this process more bearable. i actually suggest having a spare bb of some kind anyway. one can be had for a reasonable price or free nowadays. since i use my bb for work just as much as play, having a spare isn't even a question for me.

customizing isn't for everyone, and the storm looks just fine as is, i just see it as a fun thing to do and a nice to have. who knows, colorware or someone else might even start making 'do it yourself kits'. i know colorware does that for the curve. you can also get different color cases for other bbs from various places on the internet. for the storm, there's just not much available other than cases right now. btw, i also ordered a blue incipio feather case to go with it. might match up nice.

as far as the time frame, colorware says two weeks but maybe because the storm is still kind of new it takes them a little longer? they also do a very detailed job with the painting and clear coat. probably takes a few days in itself just to complete and then inspect.

anyways, i'm pleased with the way this turned out though and will probably try colorware again in the future.
    04-18-09 09:52 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD