Hey,

I just bought a 8120 and got a data plan without web browsing but include unlimited im/email/sms/mms and I want to use appworld but it says that I need to upgrade my service to include browsing, which really sucks because its another $10 on my plan that I don't want, is there a way around this?

Thanks
    fruitmix
    04-16-09 09:11 PM
    Welcome to crackberry, your addiction has begun. I am not 100% positive but I don not believe there is a way to access AppWorld without internet browsing. I know times are tough and u watch every cent. Been there done it and still doin it. But for the extra $10/mth it is worth it. Check into a total BBdata package, internet messaging, etc.etc. Good Luck and again welcome
    04-16-09 09:26 PM
    Definitely an addiction just got it a few hours ago and I have already can't seem to put it down even though I'm in front of the computer. Well looks like I will need to add the browsing as well.
    Thanks, going to look into the BB data plans.
    04-16-09 09:32 PM
    Not a problem. Check out the Newbie section on the top, there is alot of cool info in there. Particurally the tips and how to. Plus the lecture 101 is quite helpful to. LOL you are def addicted
    04-16-09 09:40 PM
    Check out the combo plans with voice data and everything around 45 bucks if they still have them, seriously sometimes if you rework your plan you can save enuf that the total extra expenditure doesn't work out to as much as you think it is going to be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 04:13 AM
    Would you not be able to just use WiFi to get it?
    04-18-09 10:11 AM
    Tried it already but I think its coded to only work through the data plans

04-18-09 11:09 AM
    Call Rogers. Say, 'cancel my phone', tell the first operator you'd like to cancel your phone. Then they'll transfer you to a second. From there tell the lady that you're pleased with the Rogers service, however you really need availability to some data. You could even make up some excuse there (mine was that I live in the country and my internet is flaky, so the ability to tether my blackberry to check emails would be VERY convenient). I got a $10 credit (to have the $35 value pack, instead of the $25), and I was only ~40 days into my contract.

Maybe wait for your first month to finish, or something to that length.
    04-19-09 08:38 AM
    Would you not be able to just use WiFi to get it?
    BlackBerry uses the Hotspot Browser with the Wifi connection. App World is a seperate application and uses it's direct connection to Research in Motion infrastructure.

No plan, no App World.
    04-19-09 03:19 PM
    One option is to get mandango you can get a lot of the same apps the only difference is you have to pay for every one of them but there are a lot of web sites with free apps (I personally downloaded it to get guitar hero) but it works good and you don't need a data plan. You can get it by going to jojoc.mobi and going to storm apps And find it in the list and download it to your storm it works great for me.

06-11-10 02:43 PM
    Is it even worth bothering with App World on an 8120? There aren't that many apps being made for the older models, and you can get them through other app stores on your PC and add them to your phone via Desktop Manager.
    06-16-10 05:11 AM
    The inability to use App World strictly over WiFi is lame.

Android, Windows, Apple? They have app stores that will place nice with whatever connection you bring forward...

Kind of sad I need to shell out more money on a plan I cut off because the only thing I ever used was BBM, and now to use what should be a integral part of the phone I need to add a data pack back on.
    07-18-10 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD