At least once a week somone asks the question, in one way or another, "How do i put music on my BlackBerry?"

First and MOST IMPORTANT.... FILE TYPES.

Music

MP3
    WMA
    3GP

Video

MPEG4
    WMV
    AVI
    H263
    3GP

Pictures

JPG
    PNG
    GIF

And before you even ask. ITunes format is not compatable with our phone. You need to purchase tunebite or some other DMR removal App to convert iTunes format to mp3

These specs were taken form HERE. If you know of any others that work, PLEASE Private Message me and i will edit this post.

Here is the EASIEST way to put music, video, pictures, files, whatever on your Blackberry (For other file types just navigate to the appropriate folder). Here i am using "Music" as an example.

From your Homescreen hit your

1) Menu Button
    2) Options
    3) Memory

Your Memory Options should read (These settings make it easy to connect to your computer):

Media Card Support ON
    Encryption Mode NONE
    Mass Media Storage ON
    Auto Enable PROMPT

Hit your ESC (Back button, to the RIGHT of your trackball) 3 times. You should now be back at your Homescreen.

4) Connect your BlackBerry to your PC via the USB cable
    5) Look at your BlackBerry, you should now have a screen that pops up asking "Do you want to enable MASS MEDIA..." YES
    6) Now on your computer you should have a window that opens up. If not goto My Computer and look for and open your "BlackBerry."
    7) Double click BlackBerry (The folder)
    8) Double click Music (The Folder)
    9) Minimize that window

10) Now you goto where ever your "music" is
    11) Select your songs
    12) Right click on one of your selected files
    13) COPY
    14) Open the "BlackBerry/Music" window
    15) Right click
    16) Paste

When your all done just unplug your BlackBerry.

Simple??? I thought so.

If you have any questions, just post them here. There are PLENTY of us that can help you.
    Last edited by Casper34; 04-21-09 at 08:16 AM.
    Kayla Hartogh likes this.
    04-16-09 09:02 PM
    Who needs nextel tech support. We provide our own support

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    04-17-09 10:30 AM
    And before you even ask. ITunes format is not compatable with our phone. You need to purchase tunebite or some other DMR removal App to convert iTunes format to mp3

04-17-09 12:54 PM
    Lmfao this is great. Questions answered before they are asked

04-17-09 01:01 PM
    that is good.... and i updated the tut with rolands qoute
    04-17-09 01:13 PM
    no problem XX..... when i see that a few people are asking the same questions, i try and make it easier for everyone.
    04-17-09 01:16 PM
    I use itunes with no problems all i did was dl the player and presto it works better than the other way. if i already have playlists on itunes i can just copy them to my phone. the other way i have to go into my phone to make playlist. i just wish i could use my realplayer media player with my bb that would be cool.
    04-19-09 03:04 AM
    What player did you download? I have a ton of itunes music i would like to put on my Pearl. Thanks

I use itunes with no problems all i did was dl the player and presto it works better than the other way. if i already have playlists on itunes i can just copy them to my phone. the other way i have to go into my phone to make playlist. i just wish i could use my realplayer media player with my bb that would be cool.
    04-20-09 12:21 PM
    I would also like to know what player you downloaded. I use itunes ALOT and would love to transfer all my media over in one step instead of having to change file formats over and over again.
    04-20-09 04:31 PM
    Why does BB make an iTunes playlist sync'r if it doesn't support itunes music formats (other than mp3 which is not itunes native format). I've got 250gb of itunes music (none DRM'd) but I can't use it on my 8350i because it's in M4A format. What am I doing wrong? Does RIM think every iTunes library is in MP3 format?

Roveer
    04-20-09 04:59 PM
    Sounds like your talking about Blackberry Media Sync. The free app from Blackberry.

That app was just updated to work with Windows Media.
    It works great for me....Thats what I use.

If I understand correctly, It has been available for Itunes for a long time.
    What good would it have been if it only worked in that format?

Maybe it does some conversion itself for itunes?

If anyone uses Windows Media, It does work very well for that. It imports compatible playlists from Windows Media Player complete with all the songs in the playlist and album art.

Jabra BT3030 stereo headset...great mp3/WMA player.
    04-20-09 09:10 PM
    Casper, following your instructions, does it put the song(s) onto the Media card or directly into memory?

I am thinking the media card, but I just want to make sure

Dave
    04-21-09 08:06 AM
    THank you for the information!
    04-21-09 08:08 AM
    Casper, following your instructions, does it put the song(s) onto the Media card or directly into memory?

I am thinking the media card, but I just want to make sure

Dave
    media card.....

i have not found a way to access the "device memory" yet... other than through the BB itself
    04-21-09 08:13 AM
    media card.....

i have not found a way to access the "device memory" yet... other than through the BB itself

Ahh ok, perfect, thx!!!!
    04-21-09 08:16 AM
    your welcome
    04-21-09 08:17 AM
    media card.....

Can't you access the internal through the Roxio Media Manager. I used to use that so I could have album art and I was able to put stuff right into device memory.
    Anyway, I used the media sync with iTunes and it was painless...it took forever but really easy! and they import all your iTunes cover art.
    05-14-09 12:55 AM
    if you have the album art tag into the MP3 tag, then you dont have to use roxio. i have some tagged in the mp3 and it shows up. some people think that roxio and the other one (sorry i just woke up and my brain is not fully awake yet) are slow in putting music on your bb.
    05-14-09 06:22 AM
    Roxio was definitely slower and more painful putting lots of music on your phone, its really slow but effective at converting video while transferring. But anyway I was moreso just stating that if you wanted to access the device memory you could using the roxio program.

05-14-09 10:25 AM
    thanks for the tip i never really played with mass storage mode
    05-14-09 01:03 PM
    I did those steps on my Bold (OS .266) but it never prompts me even though I did set it up to do it that way. I am using an 8GB PNY MicroSD card SDHC card.

Any help/troubleshooting?
    05-14-09 07:09 PM
    you may want to post that question in the bold forum.... sorry i cant help you, you can link this thread when you post....
    05-14-09 07:17 PM
    This is great! I haven't tested it yet, but it looks like it should work. I have DL'ed the DM several times, but it always slows my machine(s) down, so I have to unload it, then reload it just to update my music.
    05-14-09 09:01 PM
    i was wondering if syncing music via windows media player was discussed because i transfer files to my bb this way. i launch bb desktop manager, then sync music, and then it launches roxio. once your memory card appears in roxio, minimize roxio(don't close it) and launch windows media player and your bb should show up under the sync tab. i transferred almost 5gb of music in minutes.
    Last edited by Mr.8820; 05-25-09 at 08:31 AM.
    05-22-09 05:32 PM
    I'm a newbie and your instructions were SUCCINCT!!
    I love you, man...
    05-23-09 10:49 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD