Just got done sending a sms... And I wonder; why on earth does the "To" field bring up all of the phone numbers for a certain person, when the only one that can receive an sms is their mobile number? This annoys me! I'm lazy and I shouldn't have to push that extra button... I'm too good for all of that!
    04-16-09 07:20 PM
    mine does the same. who knows? i just pick the one i want and send my message.
    04-16-09 07:22 PM
    The Bold is a smartphone, not a genius phone. There's no way it can tell which number can receive an SMS. Some people have more than one phone that can receive an SMS.
    04-16-09 07:22 PM
    You can send an sms to a mobile number, email, and most times to a landline number (vzw offers this service, other carriers prob as well).

i do wish there was a way to set a default number for a contact.

i find it annoying to have to choose each time as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 07:23 PM
    The Bold is a smartphone, not a genius phone. There's no way it can tell which number can receive an SMS. Some people have more than one phone that can receive an SMS.
    Yes it could, it's listed under mobile number. With that said, it's not even on the scale of annoying things in life.
    04-16-09 07:23 PM
    You can send an sms to a mobile number, email, and most times to a landline number (vzw offers this service, other carriers prob as well).
    Well, that's a new one on me.
    04-16-09 07:25 PM
    It cost extra of course! i've tried it a few times out of curiosity.

04-16-09 07:27 PM
    It cost extra of course! i've tried it a few times out of curiosity.

Tried what? That Verizon land line thingy? Did you think it would be free?
    04-16-09 07:28 PM
    No, i knew it cost. When you send an sms to a landline you get a reply back advising of price.

i tried it to see how it worked, sounded.

04-16-09 07:29 PM
    No, i knew it cost. When you send an sms to a landline you get a reply back advising of price.

Wait a cotton picking minute... You mean to tell me that I can send an SMS to my office phone right now, and it will "read" the thing to me?
    04-16-09 07:31 PM

I once accidentally sent an sms to a land line. It was weird. If I recall correctly, the phone - or some service - "speaks" the sms aloud. And yah, there's some sort of charge.
    04-16-09 07:33 PM
    Just tried and I got an "Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number (my point) or valid short code."
    04-16-09 07:33 PM
    Just tried and I got an "Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number (my point) or valid short code."
    Sure. But some phone companies do allow for land line texts.

I do wish we could select the preferred number once and leave it at that. But I don't do a lot of texts any more.
    04-16-09 07:36 PM
    Some providers have the "voice sms" thing to landlines. Some don't.

A friend of mine tested it once with his crappy Boost Mobile service and it worked. Of course you couldn't understand a thing the thing was saying.
    04-16-09 07:38 PM
    VZW has the service. Didn't know Boost Mobile did as well.

i send like 10 sms, fooling around and listening for how it was read. It was funny but i have no use for it!

04-16-09 07:43 PM
    VZW has the service. Didn't know Boost Mobile did as well.

i send like 10 sms, fooling around and listening for how it was read. It was funny but i have no use for it!

What did it end up running you per msg?
    04-16-09 07:48 PM
    Telstra in Aussie have it. I get calls here at work all the time where people have sent it to the wrong number.

I don't know how many bottles of milk and loafs of bread I would have bought should I have followed the robots advice.
    04-16-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD