Does anyone have any idea why my storm is resizing pictures when I receive them through MMS? I have tried everything I can think of and sure that I am more than likely missing something simple. I really don't think that it's related to the OS as I have tried every OS under the sun at this point, I have tried the .86 fix, and I have tried the MMS fix in the Shrink-A-OS to no avail.

I am not having a single problem sending or forwarding it's just when I receive them the pics save extremely small to the point of really not being usable at all!

I am open to just about any suggestions.
    04-16-09 06:02 PM
    Not sure, I don't have any resizing issues. Personally, I'm tired of images automatically being rotated in received and sent messages, is there something that can be done about that? Sure I'm not the only one, but if someone could answer both questions I'd appreciate it.
    04-16-09 06:16 PM
    Noticed the resizing while working with others on the MMS issue. It goes as far back as .75 (I will NEVER allow .65 back on my phone).

Emailed photos retain dimensions. Also when the Storm is stripping some meta-data from the pics when received IIRC
    04-16-09 06:19 PM
    well at least I know I am not losing my mind then, every pic i get gets shrunk down to between 1-4K. I have tried sending one to myself, take a picture with my camera, will start out at say 350KB, MMS it to myself and by the time I receive it, it's shrunk down to 3KB.
    It is EXTREMELY frustrating!! Mainly cause my family and friends and I send A LOT off pics back and forth with me living in Hawaii at the moment.

Would possibly loading a couple files from 65 help?? Or has anyone else figured out a work around?
    04-16-09 06:31 PM
    Just checking to see if anyone has figured out a fix for this yet.
    04-21-09 09:24 PM
    I personally think the resizing and the grey box issue (forwarding) are related, in that something in the algorithm that's being used to re-size the image is corrupting the image, hence the inability to forward the message.

I'm running the Bell .122 with the MMS fix from .100. It still re-sizes the pictures, but at least they can be forwarded.
    04-21-09 09:36 PM
    i would rather be able to save them at the correct size.
    Being tiny as h#LL they are completely useless.

I live just over 4k miles away from my closest family and the only way i really get to see pics of my nieces and such is via MMS. Unfortunately with the pics getting shrunk down to a damn thumbnail size, I can barely make them out, let alone really do anything with them.

I know we have some super intelligent people here just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how to remedy this.

I have already tried the MMS fix, to no avail, mainly cause it's not a forwarding issue for me just the size.
    04-21-09 09:58 PM
    i'm doing some testing of my own, will post results.

the file i started with wasn't shrunk, but it started at 15kb so idk if that has to do with it. i'll try a larger file.
    04-21-09 10:29 PM
    haven't really checked to see if they retain size when i send them, just know that they shrink when i receive them. I have tried different file types, and different sizes.. Typically they start out at like 300kb and get shrunk down to between 1-4kb
    04-21-09 10:49 PM
    vzw employee/BFF says its the device. MMS isn't shrunk when sending/recieving. the device file type saves it. idk why. we're gonna email RIM rep/other BFF tomorrow to ask. will update
    04-21-09 10:55 PM
    awesome!! thanks!!
    04-21-09 10:58 PM
    I am very interested to hear what they say because I had read a month or two ago that it is intentional to save bandwidth.
    04-21-09 11:21 PM
    If that was the case then wouldn't all phones do it? I have never had my pictures shrunk before.. about to post a before and after so that you can see the difference.
    04-21-09 11:23 PM
    it isn't a function of MMS. it is a function of the storm saving the mms content to the device.
    04-21-09 11:24 PM
    Before

JPEG Image 640px X 480px
    164.76KB (168710 bytes)

After

96px X 128px
    8.92KB (9129 bytes)

Ignore the rotating I did that personally. Just wanted to give you an example of what I was talking about.
    Last edited by doortonowhere; 04-21-09 at 11:42 PM. Reason: add extra info on images
    04-21-09 11:36 PM
    it isn't a function of MMS. it is a function of the storm saving the mms content to the device.

So would that be connected to something in the OS or is it an actual hardware failure?
    04-21-09 11:37 PM
    it could be OS. mine has done it on all leaked OS versions so i doubt hardware.
    04-21-09 11:43 PM
    any news yet?
    04-22-09 07:02 PM
    I don't seem to have this problem. Just checked the properties of picture sent from wifes phone 143 kbs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 07:25 PM
    I don't seem to have this problem. Just checked the properties of picture sent from wifes phone 143 kbs.

really what os are you using?
    04-22-09 07:55 PM
    I'm having the same problem.. thought it was just a Storm problem but I switched back to my Bold which used to receive pictures perfectly but now they are coming in small as well.
    06-05-09 05:50 PM
    I just tested on my phone and sure enough this happens to me now too. I'm on .148 os. Very disappointing to say the least.

06-05-09 06:37 PM
    I think I know why this is happening.. both the Bold and Storm are non-T-Mobile phones.. Once I tried putting my sim card in my old T-Mobile 8800 I received the pictures normal size. Has anyone with a phone from a carrier other than what their phone says been able to receive pics not compressed? (AT&T Phone on T-Mobile) idk if this happens with other carriers or not though.
    06-05-09 06:48 PM
    Both my wife and I started having this issue on our storms after the .148 update. I was hoping it was just a quick fix too.
    07-01-09 11:48 AM
    We need more people on this bandwagon so, me too!
    07-01-09 11:54 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD