OK guys I've banged my head on this long enough. Can either of you answer to why MMS will not forward with SOME Storms? Just get a colored box... I know there are threads on this but they all have the same info and no answer. Thought maybe one of the guys in the know could spare us a little info
    04-16-09 01:46 PM
    you try a batt pull that made mine work on .122
    04-16-09 01:47 PM
    you try a batt pull that made mine work on .122

Pulled twice!!
    04-16-09 01:49 PM
    Battery pull will not fix this.
    04-16-09 02:01 PM
    mine worked for two fowards then broken again...... so batt pull is a fail sorry all
    04-16-09 02:03 PM
    What's weird in my case is that MMS works with some pictures and not others (none of which have been taken on the Storm). I'm on .122 and I downgraded to .75 before upgrading.
    04-16-09 02:08 PM
    Same with mine, some work and some don't. Tried the downgrade to .075 and back to .113, didn't fix. Upgraded to .122 today and still doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 02:12 PM
    OK guys I've banged my head on this long enough. Can either of you answer to why MMS will not forward with SOME Storms? Just get a colored box... I know there are threads on this but they all have the same info and no answer. Thought maybe one of the guys in the know could spare us a little info
    Yukon,

Have you tired this fix?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/mm...-109-a-172557/

Try it and see if it fixes the issue. Thanks!
    04-16-09 02:12 PM
    The only way to properly fix this is to use the mms file from an OS prior to .86

The directions above explain this.
    04-16-09 02:39 PM
    So who are you, that Crucial and/or Radio should just drop whatever they're doing, and rush to answer your question as opposed to everyone else with questions around here?
    04-16-09 02:43 PM
    Actually if you guys look up a thread awhile ago that i believe was just called MMS Fix there was a discovery about how you have to upgrade straight from .75 and wipe and some other stuff because the OS's leave traces of themselves and not all files are replaced. some other stuff
    04-16-09 02:52 PM
    Yes it's a bug. Why don't you save the picture to your device. Then send it yourself. Cut out the forwarding all together.
    04-16-09 02:54 PM
    04-16-09 02:57 PM
    So who are you, that Crucial and/or Radio should just drop whatever they're doing, and rush to answer your question as opposed to everyone else with questions around here?
    I suppose it takes a "bigman" to point fingers and answer questions for others. At least you kept your post to under 5 paragraphs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 03:00 PM

Unless you got something to contribute get lost. Noone ask for your comment.
    04-16-09 03:15 PM
    And yes I know how to fix. Thanks to all for replying. I was just asking why do these releases keep having the same bug. I was wondering why RIM can't fix this. I know that CX, and Radio are in the know and thats why I asked them. Unlike some I have a family and life to deal with. I don't have time to argue on the internet. I was simply asking a question. If they didn't want to reply that was fine.
    04-16-09 03:17 PM
    It all depends on the size of the pic you are forwarding. Take a pic 800x600 and you get the colored box. Resize it less than 300 x 3xx and it works. At least in my case.
    Look at the properties os the pic you're trying to forward.
    04-16-09 03:18 PM
    And yes I know how to fix. Thanks to all for replying. I was just asking why do these releases keep having the same bug. I was wondering why RIM can't fix this. I know that CX, and Radio are in the know and thats why I asked them. Unlike some I have a family and life to deal with. I don't have time to argue on the internet. I was simply asking a question. If they didn't want to reply that was fine.
    I was thinking the same thing. Aren't the reasons for access to the higher builds is for testing? Radio/CX must have gave feedback to RIM and I'm sure they're not the only testers who are aware of the bug. It seems after 20+ builds, either RIM is not listening or the testers aren't giving feedback.
    04-16-09 03:24 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Aren't the reasons for access to the higher builds is for testing? Radio/CX must have gave feedback to RIM and I'm sure they're not the only testers who are aware of the bug. It seems after 20+ builds, either RIM is not listening or the testers aren't giving feedback.
    or they are having trouble fixing that problem for everyone. who knows whats causing it, anything me you or anyone says unless they are the coders, will not no exactly whats wrong with it or know how to fix it. just my 2 cents. i may be wrong
    04-16-09 03:39 PM
    A Bell Storm coming from the factory on .122 should not have an issue.
    04-16-09 04:03 PM
    Should not, or Will not?

So what if we wipe with JL, then install .122 from Bell?
    04-16-09 04:19 PM
    What about a verizon storm upgraded from .75 when .113 becomes official on verizon?
    04-16-09 04:19 PM
    What about a verizon storm upgraded from .75 when .113 becomes official on verizon?
    I didnt know .113 was tagged as an update from VZ
    04-16-09 04:21 PM
    I don't think many of us believe that .113 is going to be official for Verizon.
    Should not, or Will not?

So what if we wipe with JL, then install .122 from Bell?
    Just my take, but I believe JL is total waste of time. I may be wrong but never seems to make much difference.
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD