I noticed that IE8 is the newest official internet browser by windows and was wondering who all made the switch. What are your opinions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 03:14 PM
    Internet explorer BLOWS. Use Firefox / Opera / Chrome.

And just in case anybody's wondering... yes, I have installed IE 8. It's worse than IE7. Slower, buggier, and more crash prone... wouldn't recommend the upgrade from IE7 even if you are one of those people who insists on using IE.

Personally I use FF because I love all the extensions... but chrome is BLAZING fast. Hands down the fast browser... except maybe for FF 3.1, but that's still in beta. Opera is nice to, but I never really got into it...

EDIT: This is just my opinion... and you don't have to follow it. I do realize that most of the world still uses IE... but I think that's mostly because they don't realize they have a choice!! (or just don't care enough...)
    Last edited by Alex338; 04-15-09 at 03:38 PM.
    04-15-09 03:35 PM
    My default is FireFox, and I also have Chrome. I love chrome's speed however I'm not a fan of the way the bookmarks are and that you can't save all open tabs as a folder. If you could, I'd be using Chrome. And yeah FireFox has some awsoeme add ons.

04-15-09 03:56 PM
    I thought I should add that the last IE I actually liked a lot was IE6.

04-15-09 04:07 PM
    Internet explorer BLOWS. Use Firefox / Opera / Chrome.

And just in case anybody's wondering... yes, I have installed IE 8. It's worse than IE7. Slower, buggier, and more crash prone... wouldn't recommend the upgrade from IE7 even if you are one of those people who insists on using IE.

Personally I use FF because I love all the extensions... but chrome is BLAZING fast. Hands down the fast browser... except maybe for FF 3.1, but that's still in beta. Opera is nice to, but I never really got into it...

EDIT: This is just my opinion... and you don't have to follow it. I do realize that most of the world still uses IE... but I think that's mostly because they don't realize they have a choice!! (or just don't care enough...)

Or not allow to switch our IT dept will not allow us to switch from anything but to use IE7..

but at home i use FireFox and or Chrome....
    04-15-09 04:24 PM
    i upgraded IE8 and i hate it!

im not sure how to switch back to IE7 if its even possible... =( i dont like how they took away auto complete for the address bar. i had all of my websites that i went to and now i have to manually type them in each and every time. its annoying.
    04-15-09 06:57 PM
    i upgraded IE8 and i hate it!

im not sure how to switch back to IE7 if its even possible... =( i dont like how they took away auto complete for the address bar. i had all of my websites that i went to and now i have to manually type them in each and every time. its annoying.
    That would suck.

04-15-09 07:12 PM
    Use Chrome. Can't beat the minimalist experience.
    04-15-09 09:53 PM
    Been using Chrome since it came out. Love it.
    04-16-09 07:07 AM
    Are you able to save all open tabs as a folder in Chrome?

04-16-09 10:08 AM
    Firefox>*

I will never use IE again
    04-16-09 08:41 PM
    i figured out how to downgrade from the crappy IE8 i upgraded to back to my beloved IE7. whOOO!
    04-19-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD