My BB browser is slow. even connecting to pages its slow, once it finally connects it slowly loads the page. any suggestions to speed it up besides lowering image quality and disabling background images??
    04-15-09 04:31 AM
    Try Opera Mini for general browsing. MUCH quicker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 06:26 AM
    still running the stock os? if you are update to one of the newer leaks i recommend the one of the hybrids. Browers works OK its no super fast but it better
    04-15-09 09:13 AM
    Also, is it websites that you have visited before. Try clearing you browser's cache after a you use your browser and see if that helps any.
    04-15-09 09:16 AM
    I dont understand why some people are SOOO nasty when it comes to the search function. Just answer the question or don't, but you dont have to be an a$$ about it.
    04-15-09 09:19 AM
    My BB browser is slow. even connecting to pages its slow, once it finally connects it slowly loads the page. any suggestions to speed it up besides lowering image quality and disabling background images??
    The answer is simple, you accept the substandard performance and pretend that every other device is just as slow and crappy.
    04-15-09 10:13 AM
    I'm huges fan on lyridical OS. I would suggest downloading his new OS.

04-15-09 10:23 AM
    opera mini is the best bet
    04-15-09 10:33 AM
    where can i find the download for the opera mini? or any of the hybrid or other OS's?
    04-15-09 01:01 PM
    Step 1: Return Storm
    Step 2: Find nearest AT&T/Apple store
    Step 3: Purchase iPhone
    Step 4: Realize Safari > any other mobile browser
    Step 5: Laugh at the Storm fanbois.
    04-15-09 01:13 PM
    The answer is simple, you accept the substandard performance and pretend that every other device is just as slow and crappy.
    That's not smart at all, you may be able to do better with an updated OS...but in the end, if the device doesn't give you the performance you need. Take it back and get one that does. Don't be foolish like some people and hold onto a device you are unhappy with and sit around complaining about it all the time.
    04-15-09 01:17 PM
    I used opera 9.5 on my omnia and it was much better than the stock blackberry browser. However, I used opera mini on my storm and it looks like it is configured more for curve style trackball blackberry's. Found it very annoying to use on the storm.
    04-15-09 02:17 PM
    I've used all browsers. And by far the best one is Bolt. That browser loads full (non-mobile version) websites faster than the others loading mobile versions. I've also tried it head to head with 3 different Iphones and it kicked their asses.
    04-15-09 08:45 PM
    ...throw it. Even an average guy can probably get 50 mph out of it.

Sorry, I am really in a good mood and wanted to share.
    04-15-09 08:51 PM
    get a faster connection
    04-15-09 10:15 PM
    04-16-09 12:42 AM
    He's never tried Skyfire apparently lol. Can't wait till they have Storm support.

Oh RC and Jeff were molested by Jobs hence why they love talking about Apple so much

04-16-09 01:35 AM
    Opera mini is great for browsing sites.
    04-16-09 01:58 AM

Step 6: Realize that you have to be in a certain place to get Safari to work because AT&T's coverage is horrible
    04-16-09 05:27 AM
    Simply make sure that you have the blackberry browser options for emulation set to blackberry. If you have a 1X vs. a 1XEV symbol it is going to be slow as well. The 1X was a very limited data signal and was for still is primarily for voice. If you are in a weak coverage area then you will experience slow browsing speeds typically because that is the system that verizon falls back on. Just think if you have ATT you would have no browser speed at all.
    04-16-09 06:27 AM
    I'm huges fan on lyridical OS. I would suggest downloading his new OS.

X Infinity/Ditto

Much better speed with this update.

Also, settings of lower images and running javascript have helped.
    04-16-09 07:19 AM
    opera mini is the best bet
    Not for the Storm its not. Opera is one of the worst.

Bolt FTW!
    04-16-09 08:10 AM
    get a faster connection
    yeah, like turn on the WiFi on your Storm....

i kid, i kid.
    04-16-09 08:50 AM
    Turn off javascript if it's on, this usually causes it to drag, only turn it on if you need it.

04-16-09 09:37 AM
    Step 6: Realize that you have to be in a certain place to get Safari to work because AT&T's coverage is horrible
    Step 7: Check out the thousands of WiFi hotspots. I'm sure one will be enough.
    04-16-09 09:58 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD