Just thought I'd pass this on in case some of you haven't seen it already.

BlackBerry Storm to Get Firmware Update
    Daniel Ionescu

Apr 14, 2009 6:16 am

The BlackBerry Storm, the first touchscreen device from Research In Motion, is to get a software update over the coming two weeks. The new firmware is set to fix multiple bugs plaguing the phone, as well as adding features such as improved keyboard usage.

The over-the-air software update from Verizon Wireless will be the first major update for the Storm since one in December. Known as 4.7.0.113, the new firmware is expected to fix numerous bugs the Storm was suffering from, stopping the device from freezing when using voice dialing and fixing the bug causing the display to get filled with small-multicolored dots.

The 4.7.0.113 update will also bring a much-wanted feature to Storm users: a full QWERTY keyboard to use in portrait mode. So far, the BlackBerry Storm allows the use of a full QWERTY only in landscape mode, while a SureType keyboard is used in portrait mode. In total, over 30 bugs will be fixed, with stability and speed issues addressed in this firmware update as well.

Some BlackBerry forums and Web sites already offer various versions of this update for download. If you know what you're doing, you can try an unofficial update at your own risk. However, I would recommend you wait until the official version from Verizon will be released.

This might well be the last firmware update RIM will offer for the Storm, as the company is already working on the Storm 2. The second iteration of RIM's flagship phone is said to add Wi-Fi, a 5-megapixel camera and a new touchscreen technology called TruePress.

04-14-09 12:48 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. I suggest reading before posting though as this has been posted about 42 times today already lol
    04-14-09 12:49 PM
    Old News And Not Even True
    04-14-09 12:49 PM
    i Doubt we will get .113 too many issues with it, plus didnt we already go thru all this when they said we would get .113 Plus .113 Failed Verizons testing a while back. why would they put out a failed OS?
    04-14-09 12:50 PM
    Been posted in abut 5 different threads already and I believe it has been said this is incorrect info. Someone else want to chime in?
    04-14-09 12:51 PM
    WORD...lets hope for the best.
    Thanks for the heads up. I suggest reading before posting though as this has been posted about 42 times today already lol
    Yeah I sent this out about 4 hours ago, but for some reason, it's just now posting. Sorry.
    Yeah I sent this out about 4 hours ago, but for some reason, it's just now posting. Sorry.
    No, this is like, WEEKS old

and plus it is false because we already have a full qwerty keyboard in portrait...so why the **** would they say its brand new?!

:O

(or maybe its cause im running .109 and that was added lol)
    04-14-09 12:54 PM
    lol, yea, this would be it.
    04-14-09 12:56 PM
    No, this is like, WEEKS old

and plus it is false because we already have a full qwerty keyboard in portrait...so why the **** would they say its brand new?!

:O

Well the article has todays date...sorry guys...now I know firsthand about getting flamed..err torched...lol
    04-14-09 12:57 PM
    whoa! I'm running .109 I didn't know we had a full keyboard lmao I'm so behind the 8 ball
    04-14-09 12:59 PM
    oh no! pc world is stuck in a time warp!! .113 is the latest AND last?!! someone help them out! Show them .122 and create a time paradox that will blow their minds!
    04-14-09 12:59 PM
    Rim will stop working on the Storm OS because of the Storm 2 Debut? That makes no sense.
    04-14-09 01:21 PM
    Teeth punch to the writer of that article
    Btw "punch in the teeth" is the OFFICIAL punishment for spreading the .113 lies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 02:30 PM
    Rim will stop working on the Storm OS because of the Storm 2 Debut? That makes no sense.
    Tell this to the legions of people here who believe that.
    04-14-09 02:41 PM
    Well, PCWorld is the first reputable source......I hope they're not just running with the garbage the other sites are and that they are either telling the truth or will take the info down. We'll all be disappointed if it's .113.
    04-14-09 02:43 PM
    I posted it also, but I was referring to the last stupid paragraph and not necessisarily about the coming release.
    04-14-09 02:58 PM
    This has been posted numerous times already. Please see this thread--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/di...-113-a-206314/
    04-14-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD