Just purchased a so called OEM from ebay. DX1 battery and so far, only 1 hour off the charger..i'm at 90%.

On the original battery that came with the phone...I'd be at 100% atleast until 11pm (which is 2 hours from now).

This ebay battery was only charged once, and I charged it overnight, should I give it more time? Possibly a few discharges, and charges? I really needed a second battery charged at all times to get me through those situations where a charger was not available...but I didnt expect (well i did expect i guess) a brand new OEM battery to drain so fast...unless I have to do the discharge/charge method as described above.

I purchased a cradle w/ 2nd battery charger behind the cradle. It can be plugged into wall or USB port...and I had it plugged into wall charger, and charged ONLY the spare battery. When i plugged the spare into the storm, it came up as 65% - when the dock said that it was full charged (by showing a green light as opposed to red).

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do for the next few charges? or did i just get a garbage battery?

FYI< the batt does say OEM, looks exactly like the oem original batt I have for Storm.
    04-14-09 08:12 AM
    Does it feel the same? The plastic coating will prove if it's gen. Should be little ribs etc.
    04-14-09 08:23 AM
    What charging dock are you using? Is it OEM from RIM or 3rd party? Where was it purchased?
    04-14-09 08:36 AM
    Sounds like you purchased a faulty battery. I have two batteries (both purchased through Verizon) and they hold the same charge (relatively speaking).
    04-14-09 08:36 AM
    I purchased the charging doc from ebay, it was a 2 piece combo...battery, and charging doc...so I would have to agrree that maybe the doc is faulty...perhaps it did not give it a full charge? If so...I can charge it while in the phone fully, then take it out, charge the other one in the phone, take that out, and use it as backup..which does get pretty annoying. Prob should have purchased a RIM desktop charger. YOu live an learn...
    04-14-09 08:52 AM
    sorry to say this but i think its your battery...my battery does the same thing i just havent got it replaced yet.... my battery doesnt last long at all... if i unplug my phone in the morning before work at lik 530 my battery is half way drained by 1 or 2 o clock and all i do i text on it.... its so bad that i have to bring my charger into work with me so my phone wont die...i think some batteries just dont work how theyre supposed to
    04-14-09 09:33 AM
    I think I know the combo deal that you're talking about and I doubt it is a true OEM battery.

Another thing it could be is batteries need a few charges / discharges to calibrate themselves...so keep going for about 3 full charges (25% or less battery life remaining) and see what happens.
    04-14-09 09:41 AM
    I think I know the combo deal that you're talking about and I doubt it is a true OEM battery.

Another thing it could be is batteries need a few charges / discharges to calibrate themselves...so keep going for about 3 full charges (25% or less battery life remaining) and see what happens.
    Good idea on the full charge options...I'll do that a few times..I'm not going to return it and go through the hassle, but i'll keep it as a spare in important situations when I need a few hours out of a battery. but I wont use it and count on it as a full blown backup battery.
    04-14-09 09:46 AM
    You might also notice fast discharging when you first install a new OS..I would say about 3 Battery Pulls and 2 full charges later is when you will see how much the OS really tolls the battery.

I use the Seidio Extended 1600 battery. I would recommend it if you have the extra $.

Please report the results
    04-14-09 09:58 AM
    Ok. here are my reports so far on 2nd battery. Off charger at 730am this morning, was at 25 around around 2pm. I noticed an issue about 830 this morning when phone was at 95% without me even touching it. With original battery, it would stay at 100% without touching until around noon.

So around 2pm, it was at 25, did batt pull, and checked % (lost 10% on batt pull)...I then popped it in car charger for 2 hours. It was fully charged, bolt was gone, and meterberry said fully charged. It went back to 25% after 5 hours of decent usage..still wayyyyyy below satisfactory for me. I'm going to give it a few more tries (charging/discharging) and i'll keep my original batter with me at all times. A few people at work, including you guys here said it does take a few charges/discharges for a battery to stabilize, but I didnt think it would run out of juice so fast...could just be a knock off, but then again, all our batteries come from asia anyway...I think the ones on ebay dont go through QC (quality control)
    04-14-09 08:18 PM
    I got my storm from verizon directly through the mail and the battery that came with it has no "little ribs".

Does it feel the same? The plastic coating will prove if it's gen. Should be little ribs etc.
    04-15-09 05:41 AM
    I put the spare battery on the "charger stand" and it's make power went to 85%...so the charger might be giving it a cheap charge. I'll put the spare battery in the storm and give it a top of and check the results then.
    04-15-09 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD