I did a search and couldn't come up with anything. Is the BT software something that can be upgraded on my 8330? Or will I be forced (twisting my arm so much here) to get a new berry for BT 3.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 06:19 AM
    If I recall, BT 3.0 uses low power 802.11n for data transmission, that on its own would require new hardware.
    04-14-09 06:22 AM
    Ok, thank you.
    04-14-09 07:30 AM
    If I recall, BT 3.0 uses low power 802.11n for data transmission, that on its own would require new hardware.
    Bluetooth 3.0 utilizes a low level 802.11 connection to complete a transfer, it really doesn't have anything to do with a, b, g, or n. (In the sense that you do not need a specific version in order for it to work.) This implementation, or partnership, is a new revision to Bluetooth called AMP, (alternate MAC/PHY), The Bluetooth module performs a quick ad-hoc wifi connection to do its work, then disconnects and resumes normal usage when its done. Basically it routes everything via the wifi module to achieve faster transfer rates. As you are not required to have an internet connection, no network would be needed.(you're simply using the antenna) Hope that helps a little. Also, keep in mind that although some chips already support the architecture for this, most chips will be incompatible, therefore, yes, you may need to upgrade your device when they this is released.
    04-15-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD