Whats up everyone. I have the 8330 with Sprint that I have been freestyling with for about a month now... I lost my instructions and was too lazy to look them up online.
    But here is the issue, I got the blackberry after numerous suggestions from friends and I wanted to get a smartphone on my sprint line. I already have a Motorola Q9m with Verizon. Basically I want to cancel the data plan with Verizon but I can't get to the same websites on my Curve as I can on the Q.

Example 53.com (my bank)
    On the Q I can log in to my personal accounts with no problem. But on the Curve the username and password boxes don't even show up. I thought maybe they were in a different spot (maybe because of the view I was using) but I have searched all around and can't find them anywhere in either view.
    I have played with all the options I found in the configurations but nothing seems to work.

Please help me if you have any suggestions.

BTW My Motorola Q had some mods and hacks installed on by one of my buddies, so I don't know if that is why it works.
    04-14-09 01:07 AM
    My BB browser took forever to load 53.com and the sign-in boxes didn't show.

It loads ok with Opera Mini, quite fast as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 01:24 AM
    My BB browser took forever to load 53.com and the sign-in boxes didn't show.

It loads ok with Opera Mini, quite fast as well.

sorry man i am wet behind the ears here. so I am assuming that opera mini is another type of web browser I can install on my Curve???

If so where do I get it? And any other suggestions on upgrades and add on would be greatly appreciated. I am basically gonna be using this thing as my "broke man's laptop" lol. so anything new tricks I can make this thing do would be awesome.

Thanks a lot for your help
    04-14-09 01:32 AM
    Yes, Opera Mini is an alternative browser to the BB browser. You can download it here:

mini.opera.com

From your BB, or copy and send the link to your BB in an email. Then use your BB to open the email and click on the link.

04-14-09 01:38 AM
    sorry man i am wet behind the ears here. so I am assuming that opera mini is another type of web browser I can install on my Curve???

If so where do I get it? And any other suggestions on upgrades and add on would be greatly appreciated. I am basically gonna be using this thing as my "broke man's laptop" lol. so anything new tricks I can make this thing do would be awesome.

Thanks a lot for your help
    I googled opera mini and found it at opera.com/mini
    I hope this helps, and yes it is a browser
    04-14-09 01:44 AM
    I downloaded the opera mini 4.2 on my 8350i, however, I can't get the full web page to show nor the arrow pointer. I have unchecked the mobile web version option but still no luck. any suggestions?
    04-14-09 06:35 PM
    thanks guys! the Opera app let me get full function on the website so i am happy now.
    only question i have now is with the opera browser does it always have to start the webpage with that magnify/zoom box thing? or is there a setting change to make it zoom automatically?
    also i noticed that Opera doesn't let me type directly into the text field on the website, it pops up another screen for me to enter text. Can that be changed or is that just the way Opera is designed to work?
    04-15-09 10:10 AM
    thanks guys! the Opera app let me get full function on the website so i am happy now. only question i have now is with the opera browser does it always have to start the webpage with that magnify/zoom box thing? or is there a setting change to make it zoom automatically?
    While in Opera Mini, Press Menu, Settings, Check off Mobile View. You may also have to Appearance, and uncheck Fullscreen Mode.

also i noticed that Opera doesn't let me type directly into the text field on the website, it pops up another screen for me to enter text. Can that be changed or is that just the way Opera is designed to work?
    That's the way it works.
    04-15-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD