my storm tends to frequently just light up when i receive a call and then just notify me that i have a missed call from an unknown number. it MIGHT ring or vibrate (depending on the sound profile) but usually will just light up and show the clock icon in the center of the screen and if it DOES make it to the Answer/Ringer Off/Ignore screen it wont say who's calling, it will simply say UNKNOWN NUMBER even though the contact is in my contacts list. its happened with people that i know don't have their numbers blocked. it happens with people on att sprint and even verizon. im wondering if it has to do with the apps on the phone but i always make sure to hit the bb button and close the program and not just backing out of it. on that note, my application memory is rarely above 5mb even when i do a battery pull...
    i did a search for these types of problems but havent really found a solution...
    04-14-09 12:27 AM
    my storm tends to frequently just light up when i receive a call and then just notify me that i have a missed call from an unknown number. it MIGHT ring or vibrate (depending on the sound profile) but usually will just light up and show the clock icon in the center of the screen and if it DOES make it to the Answer/Ringer Off/Ignore screen it wont say who's calling, it will simply say UNKNOWN NUMBER even though the contact is in my contacts list. its happened with people that i know don't have their numbers blocked. it happens with people on att sprint and even verizon. im wondering if it has to do with the apps on the phone but i always make sure to hit the bb button and close the program and not just backing out of it. on that note, my application memory is rarely above 5mb even when i do a battery pull...
    i did a search for these types of problems but havent really found a solution...
    What OS are you running?
    04-14-09 12:29 AM
    Wait a second........

lol!
    04-14-09 12:31 AM
    I've been having this problem too lately and I'm running .109

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 12:32 AM
    still running .75
    i have a mac so dont have the DM to be able to install the unofficial releases.
    Last edited by thachamp; 04-14-09 at 12:40 AM.
    04-14-09 12:32 AM
    oh and another problem ive been having is that my led doesnt blink when i receive messages from contacts that ive assigned custom ringtones to. i have to change the LED notification from "Active Profile" to "On". its a simple fix, yes, but its the principle of the matter! there's principalities!
    04-14-09 01:01 AM
    My many phone issues went away with .113!

04-14-09 01:30 AM
    My many phone issues went away with .113!

i have a mac though so i cant put the leaked OSs onto my storm
    04-14-09 09:23 PM
    i have a mac though so i cant put the leaked OSs onto my storm
    get a real computer then....lmfao

seriously, go mooch a buddy's computer for an hour, then uninstall the DM.
    04-14-09 11:04 PM
    Omg same here lol I'm running the hybrid 5.0/.122 & I'm getting block calls from my mom and she doesn't block her # plus she doesn't know how.

04-14-09 11:35 PM
    get a real computer then....lmfao

seriously, go mooch a buddy's computer for an hour, then uninstall the DM.
    hahaha nice. i was actually thinkin of doin that though...
    04-14-09 11:41 PM
    I am having the same exact problem sometimes. And i am running .113. I notice it particularly when my screen is locked and i have a incoming call.
    04-15-09 03:54 AM
    same for me as perfectpoison
    04-15-09 04:11 AM
    I have a similar problem when receiving calls. When I press the button to answer the phone, it takes about 3 seconds for the phone to answer. I'm currently running 4.7.0.75 OS
    04-15-09 05:24 AM
    I have a similar problem when receiving calls. When I press the button to answer the phone, it takes about 3 seconds for the phone to answer. I'm currently running 4.7.0.75 OS

Your issue is different than the OP, what your experiencing is one of the many issues that have caused frustration with the storm. You may want to try a leaked O/S like .113 or .122.

OP I experienced the same issue when I first loaded .122/5.0 hybrid, but a battery pull helped settle everything down. Did you just load a new O/S?
    04-15-09 05:40 AM
    I had the same problem previously when i was trying out different themes. I took turns running a couple different free themes and had the same issue switching to the themes' call screens. I finally splurged the approx. 5 bones on a theme somebody spent enough time on to charge me for and haven't had the problem come back.

Still running .75, too.
    04-15-09 07:07 AM

OP I experienced the same issue when I first loaded .122/5.0 hybrid, but a battery pull helped settle everything down. Did you just load a new O/S?

i have a mac so im still running .75
    it was suggested i just get a real computer hahaha OR use a friend's pc to use the DM, which is what i might eventually end up doing

I had the same problem previously when i was trying out different themes. I took turns running a couple different free themes and had the same issue switching to the themes' call screens. I finally splurged the approx. 5 bones on a theme somebody spent enough time on to charge me for and haven't had the problem come back.

Still running .75, too.

i have appleberry8 on my phone, which i dont really use and will delete after i post this...but currently im currently using the Red Leather Zen theme. i dont know if that could be a huge part or any part of the problem...
    04-15-09 08:37 AM
    I am running 122 and have the same problems. I am planning on returning my storm because of this frustrating lag. I use the phone for work and I need it to work right away. I find myself always waiting for the storm screen to display what it is supposed to. It’s not a long wait, but just enough to drive me nuts.
    04-15-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD