I just replace the OEM housing with a White one and it looks sick. However, dust has gotten in, and it's driving me nuts.

1. I wanna get rid of the dust, what's the best way to do it? A can of compressed air?

2. How do i then keep the dust out forever? I know the old OEM housing came with a sticky thing around the screen and i placed it in the new one, but after a couple of days dust got in... AAHHH!!! Do you guys know any good ways to seal it for good, so dust can't get in.

thx
    04-13-09 11:16 PM
    The faceplate needs to have that foam gasket to keep the dust out. Once dust gets in, the only way I can think to remove it is to pop the faceplate off and blow the screen and back side of the lens off with a can of air.
    04-14-09 08:44 AM
    Open case in bathroom that is humid from shower running. No dust or very little will be in the air.

Blow out case with can of air. Should be good to go.
    04-14-09 08:49 AM
    how do you take the face screen off? I just tried and actually damaged the SCREEN under the top screen with the tiniest of a scratch (that will drive me mad)
    04-14-09 10:41 AM
    how do you take the face screen off? I just tried and actually damaged the SCREEN under the top screen with the tiniest of a scratch (that will drive me mad)
    To remove the front housing you need to take the antenna cover off, remove the battery cover, and there are two screws behind the battery cover that need to be unscrewed, after that the front housing can be pulled off.
    04-14-09 04:48 PM
    do till first 50-55 seconds of the video.
    04-14-09 05:05 PM
    Thank u!!!!!
    04-14-09 06:25 PM
    hope it helps!
    04-14-09 06:32 PM
    ugh i hate the cnn videos, they dont tell you all you need
    04-14-09 06:43 PM
    Open case in bathroom that is humid from shower running. No dust or very little will be in the air.

Blow out case with can of air. Should be good to go.

I think that's such a great idea.

I also found this some people just taking the clear cover off only, ww.youtube.com/watch?v=bCrP68SGIyY

anyone try this?
    04-14-09 08:25 PM
    I think that's such a great idea.

I also found this some people just taking the clear cover off only, ww.youtube.com/watch?v=bCrP68SGIyY

anyone try this?
    dust can still go in since there is dust in the room
    meaning when putting it back on it can land on it and then itll be there
    04-14-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD