I have the Curve for Verizon but im considering switching to Sprint seeing as they are much cheaper. Just looking for peoples opinions on which provider is better. Thanx much
    04-13-09 05:35 PM
    you get what you pay for. pay the extra and you will be much happier
    04-13-09 05:36 PM
    Haven't had any problems with Sprint as of late. Their customer service has improved drastically and their quality was always good.
    04-13-09 05:37 PM
    I had sprint about 5 years ago and hated it. maybe it is better now. I like Verizon. I haven't had many problems with billing. Sprint billing was horrible.
    04-13-09 05:39 PM
    Screw verizon. Sprint has excellent service where I'm at in GA. Great data speeds and at a great price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 05:39 PM
    Overall im not impressed with Verizon as it is. I think they are very expensive and im constantly having issues with either their service or phones. They are just very convenient since everyone i know has verizon.
    04-13-09 05:40 PM
    Sprint is cheaper the reps are in India but the coverage is good if you're in a metropolitan area
    04-13-09 05:41 PM
    I switched TO sprint, really like them, great CS, personal attention to me when I had issues texting as far as my mother receiving garbled text (something had broken internationally), they would call me, email me updates, and now its fixed as well as a monetary compensation.
    04-13-09 05:41 PM
    Im in New Jersey.
    04-13-09 05:42 PM
    It's all a matter of opinion I have sprint. It's works just as fine as my friends that has verizon. I don't care for verizon had to many problems in the past. I would check out the coverage in your area before you with. Sprint also has the 30 day test drive if you dont like it you bring it back and cancel no fees execpt for the services you used
    04-13-09 05:42 PM
    I had Verizon for years...until I decided to get a blackberry. Then I switched to Sprint, since they charge assloads less. I have some problems with calls/texts not going through...more than I used to have with Verizon, but it's still pretty rarely a problem. Haven't had any other problems with Sprint, really...aside from this one jackass at one of their local stores, but that's a whole nother story.

Personally, I'd recommend switching to Sprint, simply in hopes of convincing Verizon to stop charging the additional fee for unlimited data.
    04-13-09 05:45 PM
    Im in New Jersey.
    By the way I lived in jersey for years and their service was so much better that verizons my brother has verizon and he never has service where he lives I also had great service
    04-13-09 05:45 PM
    My sisters both have sprint and love it but they dont use blackberrys. So i really cant judge based on their opinions. I used to have sprint a long time ago before they merged with nextel and i thought they were pretty good. Everyone i knew that had nextel always complained about them. So i guess thats why im a little skeptical about sprint/nextel now. Just dont wanna regret the switch if i go through with it.
    04-13-09 05:50 PM
    stick with the v. i hear nothing but bad things from sprint
    04-13-09 05:53 PM
    This is gonna be a hot thread. I choose sprint. I had verizon years ago and didn't like their coverage or plans. I love sprint! Everybody keep it clean in this thread

My bro in law, sister, and their friends, and his mother in law and her friends, and likely even her school district are all going to move away from Sprint-Nexthell and onto Verizon.

don't forget it;s likely sprint might not even be AROUND more than a few more years, due to horrible business decisions and bad coverage. Nexthell saved them for a while, but now more companies are coming up with direct connect.
    Like I said they have the 30 day test drive and my blackberry workes great in jersey .
    04-13-09 05:54 PM
    Verizon has been hands down the best and I've had everything. Pay a little more and get
    the best. There is a reason over 80 million choose vzw enough said

04-13-09 06:10 PM
    Yeah true. I can always try them out. Thanx everyone
    04-13-09 06:10 PM
    I would rather pay more with Verizon and have routinely good reception/service. I am also happy with my two 8330s (one is thru work). .
    04-13-09 06:19 PM
    I had Sprint for 6yrs and finally a month ago I got sick and tired of being treated like a piece of meat. I went to Verizon and have the best time of my life so far. Service is better on Verizon, Customer Service people speak proper english and are based in the USA, No bill problems, and a phone that actually works.

Sprint tried to get me for 2 Early Termination Fees for $400 but all I did was say I lived at my fiance's parents house where they have no coverage for sprint and got those fees removed BUT it was **** to get to that point and has taken 2 weeks.

If you can stay away from Sprint and go with Verizon!

**** go with any Local company and they will be better then Sprint lol.
    04-13-09 08:26 PM
    Like I said, I've had some small service issues, and haven't been particularly pleased with the customer service (though it usually isn't horrible), but for me, Verizon isn't at all worth the extra $30 monthly fee. If you can easily afford it, then sure, go with Verizon and you'll probably be essentially problem free, but if you're trying to save some money, Sprint is $30/mo cheaper and works fine.
    04-13-09 08:43 PM
    I have been with sprint for 5 years now and has a bad name to get rid of, but they have gone through leaps and bounds of work and are actually doing great right now. there cs is actually english speaking and very helpful, service in southern california is good, and nobody can match the price.
    04-13-09 09:11 PM
    I went back to Sprint mainly because they didn't try raping me $30 extra on data. I spend far more time using data than voice so Sprint was the perfect balance of cost/performance for me.

People will always have their say but a lot of the current Sprint stigma is based on old issues.
    Last edited by ImNotTooClever; 04-13-09 at 09:54 PM.
    04-13-09 09:43 PM
    I've had sprint for the last 10 years, (i'm in NY) and other than minor billing issues i had i really have nothing to complain about. They even gave me a free airrave since the only place i didnt get service was within my beachhouse (in the middle of nowhere). now i get full bars in the summer house free of charge on their retensions tab.

the customer service over the years has been getting better, and as of recently i have seen a very big improvement.

data service is faster than verizon in most areas as well.

sprint has always been and will always be the leader in the data frontier its what they were built upon.

for the price, you can't beat sprint.

4g test markets are already showing up on sprint now we just need to get the devices rolling

i hate to say it but sprint may have left a bad taste in peoples mouths before, but honestly you people need to give them another shot before shooting them down completely they don't lock the crap out of the functionality of their phones like greedy verizon does...

prime example is internal gps is locked on verizon... sprint lets you use the phone as it was meant to be used.
    Last edited by skunkd; 04-13-09 at 10:11 PM.
    04-13-09 10:06 PM
160 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD