I currently have a Storm and the OS is .113. When I pull the battery and restart, the free memory is around 25-30. Then after a couple of hours is drops down to like 8-10 free memory. Is there anything that I can do to curb this loss of memory?

Also, I charged by battery last night and it is down to less that 10% as of my post. I talked for about 15 min and get my work emails, but have hardly used the phone all day. I was wondering if this is normal?

Thanks
    04-13-09 12:41 PM
    Did u leave anything open? GPS or data stream?
    04-13-09 12:46 PM
    No i made sure that i close everything out all of the time because i know that that could slow down the phone. There is nothing that is open
    04-13-09 12:56 PM
    I currently have a Storm and the OS is .113. When I pull the battery and restart, the free memory is around 25-30. Then after a couple of hours is drops down to like 8-10 free memory. Is there anything that I can do to curb this loss of memory?

Also, I charged by battery last night and it is down to less that 10% as of my post. I talked for about 15 min and get my work emails, but have hardly used the phone all day. I was wondering if this is normal?

Thanks
    I'm having the same problem. I do a battery pull and my memory will run around 38mb and within an hour or so it will be down under 20mb. That's without running any apps.
    04-13-09 01:00 PM
    My memory does the same dropping around 10 in the first 2 hours, today I wiped the phone and did not install any new themes and the drop seems to be less around 4mb in 2 hours. It will be hard not to install a theme because I really don't care for the precision zen theme but want to run this way for a least a day. As for your battery mine will go for about 30 hours on a charge with the backlight at 40 and gps off.
    04-13-09 01:05 PM
    It's probably one of your applications that is causing the memory leak. For me, I had a few 3rd party themes downloaded and that was causing my memory leak. Unless it's causing your phone to slow down or making it lag it isn't really a problem. Just keep doing battery pulls I guess
    04-13-09 01:17 PM
    my mem is around 17mb right now. last night before i went to bed, it was around 30mb. i'm running .113 too.
    04-13-09 01:18 PM
    And how long have you waited to see if it will go back up? Yes... It WILL go back up automatically much of the time if you just give it a little while.

If you want additional details... Run a search. This topic gets beaten to death every couple of days it seems.
    04-13-09 01:21 PM

Thanks
    It will vary for many reasons, most of which will be which programs you have installed with a given OS. 25-30MB seems low for start up. Mine starts up somewhere in the high 40's and eventually dwindles down to around 30MB and will stay there for a while. But as I said, there could be a number of programs running or loaded that will cause issues like that. From my experience, GPS has not caused any memory issues. Now a program that utilizes GPS is another story. I did also find that Gtalk or Yahoo seemed to cause problems with memory, so I went with Instango. So far the only issue I've seen with that program is battery drain, but I can still easily make it through the day and use my phone as I would.
    04-13-09 01:23 PM
    do yo have weatherbug?
    04-13-09 01:55 PM
    hahaha you guys wanna hear something epic....on sunday i was running at 0.0K on memory.....good times with this phone
    04-13-09 02:10 PM
    hahaha you guys wanna hear something epic....on sunday i was running at 0.0K on memory.....good times with this phone
    People have reported that with no real issues other than SOME delay, but not bad. I have gotten down to 4MB and the phone ran the same as when it had 30MB. OS is pretty important, but the programs running usually are the culprits of low memory, from my experience.
    04-13-09 02:15 PM
    According to some credible sources, this is just a cosmetic glitch of sorts. The source is credible, but I'm not so sure I'm inclined to agree. It seems to me that if you can have the OS misreporting free app mem on the low end, it can be misreporting free app mem at pretty much any time. I won't dismiss the source, but I think a bit more info is needed to say one way or the other.
    04-13-09 02:27 PM
    Since i've loaded up .122 i haven't had nearly as much issue with Memory Leaks. On a reboot i'm at 47 mb, at the end of the day usually between 39-42.
    04-13-09 02:53 PM
    v4.7.0.122 w/ .109 Radio
    Shrink-A-OS most of the fluff from my OS
    GMail, Google Maps, and QuickPull are the only 3rd Party applications I have other than Doc to Go.
    Have only the default ZEN theme.

Memory is at 46MB, it been almost 9 hours since QuickPull reset my phone...

Many of the Themes that I tried really took up a LOT of memory. And some of the 3rd Party Applications seem to be a little buggy, or just memory hogs.
    04-13-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD