Hey Guys,

Is anybody elses App World REALLLY Slow. I open up my app world, go into categories, then games, then sports...and it loads sooo slow, 1 by 1 an app, then the "loading" hour glass sign comes up?

Whats the deal with it?
    04-12-09 10:45 PM
    I find it depends on the time of day I check App World. I think it tends to get swamped as more people are finding out about it. I have yet to get my "official" email notice that it's Live.

I do wish you could browse the App World via computer and just send the links you want to you Blackberry, for downloading.
    04-13-09 01:03 AM
    bummpppppppppp.
    04-13-09 01:06 AM
    GUANACO - Why do you keep doing that? I think it is against forum rules. The mods may chastise you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 01:18 AM
    Sometimes I find that app world is really slow as well. I think BlkBear is correct. Since more than one or two people have complained about this, I would assume it is on App World's end and not our's.

04-13-09 01:20 AM
    I think it's a slow app to begin with, even in the very, very beginning.
    04-13-09 01:24 AM
    Thanks, Anybody else have an opinion?
    04-13-09 09:04 AM
    I would love it if RIM came out with a wap site for browsing their apps either by phone or desktop. For me, the application they have is useless due to its speed- even over wi-fi.

04-18-09 09:19 AM
    I agree. Seem like they should come out with a lite version of some sort. It seems too bloated. I'd rather have less visual appeal in order to have faster performance. It's too slow. The PC version is also slow.
    08-19-09 09:43 PM
    Its downloads on my Tour are extremely slow also. Definitely think its a server side issue, all other data apps and browsing run fine.
    01-07-10 01:15 PM
    App world either works really great or just terrible for me, there's no inbetweens.

However when I start up my bb, my homepage is set to go to
    BlackBerry Wallpapers, Ringtones, and More
    I'm in canada so the page it takes me to me be a little different but it does let you check out featured apps from app world and by clicking the download link automatically starts to download and install through app world. However there is no way to search through apps, your only able to view the featured ones.

01-07-10 01:39 PM
    Unusablely slow for me.

01-07-10 02:01 PM
    It is UNUSABLY SLOW for me too!

Come on BlackBerry! Do something about this. I can easily waste 10-15 minutes whenever I try to install something via the App World.
    01-15-10 03:05 PM
    Shipdadip, cccrackkk, I third that. Any time I accidentally open appworld I have to do a reset if I need to use my phone in the next few minutes.
    11-21-10 05:53 PM
    UGH...IT'S SO STINKING SLOW! Why would BB preload new devices with a subpar app for BBaps? It's like watching grass grow.
    03-17-11 09:43 AM
    Slower than Molasses flowing uphill in the middle of winter.. UGH
    03-17-11 09:45 AM
    To say it's "slow" is even to fast.

Hey Guys,

Is anybody elses App World REALLLY Slow. I open up my app world, go into categories, then games, then sports...and it loads sooo slow, 1 by 1 an app, then the "loading" hour glass sign comes up?

Whats the deal with it?
    03-17-11 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD