i installed os 5.0 about 2 hours ago and thought that it was a nice change but then noticed that it is not a stable os for the 8900 yet. The profiles menu changed and the phone will vibrate even when vibration setting is turned off, myfaves menu dissappeared so i restored it on t-mobile's website and now the icon is back on the phone but it doesnt open so i can't edit myfaves. overall...it looks nice but as far a stability stick with os 4.6 for now
    04-12-09 09:18 PM
    This has been said it was a very early release. I have it and other than calendar and alarm issue it is all good for me.
    04-12-09 09:19 PM
    I think it depends on the user man. I love the 5.0 os. All my apps work minus facebook and google apps. But ill get by. As far as my faves go. Do u change your top 5 that often. Bc I don't and if I wanted to change u can do it from the tmos website. All in all like I said. It denpends on the user if its good or bad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 09:21 PM
    Dont expect it to be rock solid. Its a early release and none of us are suppose to have it
    04-12-09 09:25 PM
    Isn't 5.0 a pirated copy of a beta version? Or did RIM release a beta version?
    04-12-09 09:28 PM
    Me think more like a leaked Alpha..
    04-12-09 09:31 PM
    If that's Alpha I'm Flavor Flav.

04-12-09 09:34 PM
    I have it installed and everything is smooth, fast and my batter is improved! All my apps work except pageonce and viigo. I can live without them until the next 5.0 OS. I'm keeping my 5.0! I'm really liking it especially the wrap fix!!!

Like it was said before it depends on the user after experiencing it. Can you live without some of your apps not working? That's the main issue with it, but for some the OS is running smoothly on their device.

--HeavyC.

04-12-09 09:36 PM
    I can't live without facebook on the berry. I know, gaye, lol. 5.0 is something to look forward to. Its gonna be worthy.

04-12-09 10:16 PM
    Needless to says its really nice seeing RIM working steadily
    on bringing new os's and improvments to the phone! One reason
    to love a blackberry , seems to be good support.
    04-12-09 10:21 PM
    Wonder if the ATT version will release with 5.0.

04-12-09 10:30 PM
    I highly doubt it. But ya never know.

04-12-09 10:57 PM
    I installed os 5.0 this morning and for me I likess!! I haven't had any problems with google apps at all or any other apps I have used. The only problem I have had was the issue of the phone freezing when I change volume on word mole, but I think I can live without the game lol Apps I have installed on OS 5.0:

Google maps
    AmazeGPS
    Pandora
    Bolt
    App world
    Captureit

04-13-09 12:12 AM
    Isn't 5.0 a pirated copy of a beta version? Or did RIM release a beta version?
    The "submit feedback" option in the menu is addressed to RIM (if this hasn't been answered yet and if it actually means anything)
    04-13-09 12:41 AM
    I have no problems with 5.0 beside facebook and myspace apps not working. I can do everything that .206 can do and it actually faster with longer battery life.
    04-13-09 12:51 AM
    I'm not sure I agree that it runs smoother than the 4.6's. I had a number of 3rd party apps that don't work with it. In addition app store doesn't install with it and Rim has removed most app links from it's mobile page. I liked my custom Slacker stations and twitter on WiFi and a number of other things we can't do with 5.0. And I'm not so sure about the battery life, my battery on 5.0 ran out 3 to 4 hours sooner. Don't get me wrong, I love the new features and will be going back to it as soon as we get a stable version that works with the 3rd party apps I like to use.

Last edited by exelant; 04-13-09 at 04:45 AM.
    04-13-09 01:20 AM
    yeah i loved it but, a few mm from the right side of the screen was gone and all the tmo stuff running in background that i couldnt shut down. this is one i will sit out for a bit.
    04-13-09 03:02 AM
    Hmmmm. Twitter works for me and so do my custom ring tones, videos, songs, etc...

bummer it's not working out for everyone.

what tmobile stuff do you mean?
    04-13-09 03:31 AM
    OS 5.0 is good, and there are massive changes going on - but its just wrok in progress. Its got some really nice changes that I like alot, for all those who are complaining oh my facebook or msn or what ever is not working. When someone says its work in progress, they mean it - things that show up on this site are not always product ready for production, its kinda like a testing ground. Take it with a grain of salt and and enjoy it for what it is, don't expect too much and you may be surprised when it is ready for release production.

I am an experienced System Administrator and Web Admin / Software Tester, so I can tell you at least from my experience this site is the best testing ground any piece of software can ever have. RIM - Blackberry are a very good company with excellent product. I am happy they do things the way that they do..

I don't Work for RIM or any of their partners, Its just my opinion
    04-13-09 07:41 AM
    No Facebook and No MyFaves was the deal breaker for me...
    04-13-09 08:26 AM
    I am surprised so many people thought this would be a full up Beta version like we are used to getting on this site

Most of the "BETA" versions we get on 4.6 are ready for release....this is an actual BETA version that is not ready for release.... big difference.

No shock that it is unstable!!
    04-13-09 09:49 AM
    zero reason to install at this moment. when it's an official release.. then i'm there.
    04-13-09 09:49 AM
    It was a fun experiment and cool to see word wrap working and the media player enahancements I would pay $ for NOW.

RIM, hurry up with this one. Its a winner.
    04-13-09 10:36 AM
    I'd say it will be within 3-5 days and a new version will come out...
    04-13-09 10:50 AM
    i am completely in love with this os!! everything works great and fast. battery life is WAY better than .199 i didnt have to charge it all weekend. interent is speedy im keeping it!!!
    04-13-09 11:26 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD