Hi,

I've just installed OS 5.0 for my bold and it is much better in a whole however, there are a few of my fave apps that no longer seem to work eg:- Facebook, Live Messenger, and Viigo to mention 3.

Anyone else getting these problems?
    Anyone know any solutions??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 09:32 AM
    I have seen many people say facebook and viigo dont work work
    04-12-09 09:38 AM
    DocsToGo and BBFileScout can't be updated after 5.0 is installed (Invalid COD error).
    04-12-09 09:47 AM
    I have BBFileScout working on mine. I had 0.5.14 before uprading to OS 5, and put it back on with a 3rd party app backup.

I also just used the OTA link to download and install version 0.6... so I'm not sure what yours is doing. Let me know if you want me to zip up just BBFileScout from my 3rd party app backup.

EDIT: on second thouht, I'm not sure giving you my backup would work, for whatever reason, BBFileScout is not mentioned in the alx I have. If you still can't use the OTA, try the zip via DM. I can 100% confirm that the OTA successfully updated my BBFileScout to v0.6 and the program works fine.

So far, the list of software I can't get running on OS 5.0.0.90 is:
    • Facebook (tried 1.2, 1.3, 1.5)
    • gFlash
    • BBWeather
    And I know that Viigo users are saying it doesn't work either. I can do without the first two, I replaced BBWeather with BerryWeather, and I got rid of Viigo months ago anyway.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-12-09 at 10:26 AM.
    04-12-09 10:06 AM
    Also have heard that Slingplayer doesnt work
    04-12-09 10:17 AM
    BBWeather does not work under OS 5 on my BOLD.
    04-12-09 10:46 AM
    DocsToGo and BBFileScout can't be updated after 5.0 is installed (Invalid COD error).
    My Docs to go are working fine. Just tested. When I went to check it out the first screen had three options : Premium, ??? and standard. Clicked on standard and I was in and viewing the existing documents. Excel and PP are working as well.
    04-12-09 11:25 AM
    Hi,

I've just installed OS 5.0 for my bold and it is much better in a whole however, there are a few of my fave apps that no longer seem to work eg:- Facebook, Live Messenger, and Viigo to mention 3.

Anyone else getting these problems?
    Anyone know any solutions??

These seem to be the main 3 that are not working for anyone at this time. I would expect shortly those applications will get updated for 5.0. Not a deal breaker for me. 5.0 is working quite nicely for me. The only other thing I noticed is mu SMS folder is missing.

SMS is back with this help "try going into the Options in your email / General Options and make sure sms-email inboxes is set to separate"
    Last edited by soundmax; 04-12-09 at 11:52 AM.
    04-12-09 11:28 AM
    BeeJive works but I found that, on my BB, I can't set a notification tone for any BeeJive alerts. The program doesn't show up under the profile settings. When I get an IM, the LED blinks but no sound.

SocialScope works but another little bug...when I get a reply, the icon changes and, after I read the reply, the icon still shows the red dot (like I have a un-read reply). It eventually goes away.

All in all, pretty good for both apps and I'm sure we'll see updates for both, as well as others soon.
    04-12-09 12:52 PM
    MemoryEye works
    TxtForward works
    IM+ doesn't
    FB doesn't
    04-12-09 04:07 PM
    Small one, but I couldn't get the NY Times to install from the BB home page. I was able to from the AppWorld, and now have the icon in my applications list, but it does not launch.

Anyone else get it going?
    04-13-09 09:38 AM
    google maps isn't working for me
    04-13-09 01:56 PM
    google maps worked for me.
    04-13-09 02:25 PM
    google maps isn't working for me
    google maps worked for me.
    Working fine here as well. How are you trying to install it? I couldn't get it from m.google.com because I believe they are still incorrectly determining our device model and OS version, but I was able to put it back on my phone from a 3rd party app backup in DM. I can probably send you the backup and alx for just that program if you want to try installing it that way.
    04-13-09 05:16 PM
    I have BBFileScout working on mine. I had 0.5.14 before uprading to OS 5, and put it back on with a 3rd party app backup.
    After I got everything updated and working in 247, I performed a backup. I just reinstalled 5.0.0.90 and everything with the exception of BBWeather works great.
    04-13-09 09:46 PM
    Facebook and MSN don't work
    DocsToGo work but can't upgrade to premium
    Google Maps works
    Worldmate Live works
    File Manager Pro works
    Skyscape works
    Bplay games work
    Surewipe works
    Quickpull works
    Mobipocket reader works
    Datavault works
    Emobile Today Pro works
    Quicklaunch works

04-13-09 10:06 PM
    Ereader doesn't work

04-13-09 10:10 PM
    Working fine here as well. How are you trying to install it? I couldn't get it from m.google.com because I believe they are still incorrectly determining our device model and OS version, but I was able to put it back on my phone from a 3rd party app backup in DM. I can probably send you the backup and alx for just that program if you want to try installing it that way.
    I installed it successfully from m.google.com but when I try to open it I get an error:

Network unavailable

This application requires a data connection. Please contact your carrier or visit Google Maps on your computer for more info.

I'll be visiting the site right now, and I'll try reinstalling hopefully it will work.
    04-13-09 10:32 PM
    Viigo works
    Twitterberry works
    Google Maps works
    Pandora works
    Garmin Mobile works

Yahoo Messenger doesn't work
    Facebook doesn't work
    04-13-09 11:04 PM
    Viigo works
    Twitterberry works
    Google Maps works
    Pandora works
    Garmin Mobile works

Facebook doesn't work

Are you sure Viigo works?!?
    04-14-09 02:08 AM
    I installed it successfully from m.google.com but when I try to open it I get an error:

Network unavailable

This application requires a data connection. Please contact your carrier or visit Google Maps on your computer for more info.

I'll be visiting the site right now, and I'll try reinstalling hopefully it will work.
    I was getting same message. I was able to install OTA using this website. I installed the 4.7 one and it worked perfectly.

http://english.honkin.info/2009/02/2...8%8B%E8%BD%BD/

Hope that works!
    04-14-09 09:51 AM
    The OS 4.7 version has the touchscreen navigation and doesn't auto-zoom when finding your location - its designed for the Storm.

The 4.6 version in the above link does however install and run fine for me in 5.0.
    04-14-09 02:33 PM
    Also, one thing to note is that while Pandora 1.01 works fine, the new version 1.02 does not run, and gets the security error accessing module xxxx.

If you are downloading Pandora new, use BB App World to load it. If you go directly to Pandora from your BB, it will load 1.02.

Short story, while 1.02 works for the Storm, it breaks compatibility with 5.0.
    04-14-09 03:59 PM
    Viigo works
    Twitterberry works
    Google Maps works
    Pandora works
    Garmin Mobile works

Facebook doesn't work
    Yahoo messenger works @ my bold

04-14-09 04:19 PM
    Slacker mobile isn't working for me. That's the only program that I use frequently that doesn't seem to work. And it's the one program I use more than anything else.. dammit!
    04-14-09 05:05 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD